Author Topic: Chronicles of Stupidity in Society  (Read 5503 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Chronicles of Stupidity in Society
« on: October 20, 2012, 04:17:47 am »
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you an article displaying an example of such stupidity, I wonder how these people know how to breathe...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-buzz/woman-wants-deer-crossing-signs-moved-deer-cross-133853876.html

This woman wants deer crossing signs moved away from high traffic areas... so the deer know they're not supposed to cross there. She somehow thinks that a deer will see a deer crossing sign, and interpret it as meaning "this is where you cross the road." Sadly, the woman is not the only one with this idea, as there is another individual who believes they should put signs up telling deer to look both ways before crossing the street!

Everyone, I don't know if I speak for everyone, but I for one am now very fearful of the future for humanity.

Has anyone else come across articles (not related to politics) that display such a degree of stupidity? Something that makes you tilt your head to one side and say "What... the... fuck?" If so, feel free to share them here!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Chronicles of Stupidity in Society
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 06:11:55 am »
I love this article so much, I want to raise babies with it, and raise those little retard deer crossing article babies to full fedged dipshits
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Distind

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 07:29:50 am »
Last time I heard this it was a blonde joke my grandfather was telling. Though he did imply it was based on something he'd actually heard.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 10:47:11 am »
Oh deer, she really is quite stupid.

She actually thought that was the function of those signs?

I worry sometimes. People can be so absurdly stupid...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 03:26:28 pm »
This reminds me of a Bill Engvall "Here's Your Sign" joke...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 03:28:03 pm by SpaceProg »

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 08:54:23 pm »
Not an article, but a woman in my town once called the police because some people were smelling her flowers that had grown over her fence and within reach of someone on the sidewalk.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 09:10:24 pm »
My dear little sister simply cannot handle sarcasm. Or logic, really. Its mentioned here because she's started acting in a really weird manner all around town. Like, first insisting she dislikes popularity and bullies, and then basically bullying someone and saying she "is done caring about him." Then there's the time she shunned this nice young man for daring to be depressed due to moving in with different parents.

Here are some of her more...intellectually challenged...arguments.

-when I defend putting our dog in the cage for a while-

Sister: You obviously just wanna leave him in there and admire his beauty as he wastes away and dies in seconds!

I get sarcastic with her, prompting her to say this whopper:

"If you don't stop talking smart to me and scaring me, I'll call the police and the marines and the army, they'll beat you up and take you to jail."

I ask her why, on what charge, and she responds, "Because you're a guy, so you cannot talk to ME that way!"

I get even more sarcastic with her, and she shouts at me, "Fine! I am going to bed. Good night! Hope you enjoy your dead dog!" The dog was perfectly fine in the morning.

I...wonder some times, Arry. I do. What could be causing her brain to behave in this way? I don't like the idea of thinking she's really this stupid...

Saturn500

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 09:28:08 pm »
Marcos rotted her brain, duh.

May I suggest a session of Saturn500's de-brainwashing service.

WARNING: Side effects include:

*Low self-esteem
*Destroyed ear-drums
*Comparing yourself unfavorably to the entire Ducken species
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:34:19 pm by Saturn500 »

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 09:31:52 pm »
She could have some kind of autism.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 10:59:03 pm »
No. She doesn't.

She's been diagnosed with something like the reverse of autism. While she is extremely manipulative and socially wise, she lacks academic and mental skills.

While she decries popularity and social standings as important, she's built one of the largest cliques I have ever seen outside of a 1980's teen movie.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 11:01:49 pm »
Wait....aren't you the guy with the mom loves an illegal immigrant?

Ironbite-yeah sounds to me your mom and sister are cut from the same cloth.  Use lots and lots of fire to purge that part of the family tree.

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 12:27:55 am »
Or some kind of sterilisation agent...
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 12:59:42 am »
So, there was an animal rights activist trying to preach PETA's message at my school while I was eating a subway sandwich. She apparently felt with few students present and her little group there, she could do a more aggressive / offensive message.

She said that eating meat meant I had Nazi sympathies, and I should be ashamed.

So I extended the sandwich in my hand almost to a Roman Salute, and then brought it to my mouth and continued eating. She looked pissed.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 01:01:15 am by niam2023 »

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 01:00:30 am »
So, there was an animal rights activist trying to preach PETA's message at my school while I was eating a subway sandwich. She apparently felt with few students present and her little group there, she could do a more aggressive / offensive message.

She said that eating meat meant I had Nazi sympathies, and I should be ashamed.

So I extended the sandwich in my hand almost to a Roman Salute, and then brought it to my mouth and continued eating. She looked pissed.

Fuck Yeah'ed for that!
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 01:14:29 am »
I was a bit worried about the reaction, given the response to that from others IRL.

I guess its a sign the Nazis are becoming what they were always meant to be: A Joke.

There's another weird thing about my school. We have a Neo-Nazi in attendance. He's...really not what I expected. Less big fat ugly guy ranting about the race, more...prissy pretty boy, long blond locks, blue eyes, basically a real life bishonen. Kinda looks like a skater kid mixed with a typical goth, as in, so much black clothes, tall and thin.

His personality's weird too. He's too dull to realize his racial message is offensive. He thinks Jews are shapeshifting fire breathing dragons with four heads, six wings, ice powers and a stinger tail in their "true form". I don't know where he gets this from. He thinks I'm his friend, and often sits very, very close to me in the cafeteria, and calls me his "big muscly Aryan friend". He seems too immature for his age. He's twenty six. He acts like a thirteen year old.

Do not know what to do with him. He seems...attached...to me.