Author Topic: HBD  (Read 16435 times)

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
Re: HBD
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2016, 06:27:03 am »
I am not disapproving of eugenics. It just historically went after the wrong people.

Eugenics got off to a daft and primitive start, which has kind of fucked the entire concept.

A simple process of embryonic screening could do away with heritable diseases within a generation.  All that euthanising the handicapped and sterilising unwed mothers stuff you 'merkins copied off the Nazis before your unfashionably late entry into the war was just unnecessary.

Doesn't stop most of your population basically being rejected extras from Deliverance, mind...

...and the moment they find genetic correlates with things that are not, in fact, diseases, but still socially undesirable? Or are you going to argue that 21st century society is so enlightened we could never do something stupid with that? Because I think that goes against your shtick.

Oh I think we definitely have found a genetically heritable condition that's considered socially undesirable.  Luckily, modern academics like Noel Ignatiev are already working a final solution to this problem.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2016, 06:33:07 am »
Who what where?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2016, 06:38:23 am »
Who what where?

I had to look it up myself. Noel Ignatiev is a critical race theorist infamous for promoting the idea of "abolishing whiteness and the white race", which apparently involves criticizing white people, from what I could tell.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2016, 06:41:21 am »
Who what where?

I had to look it up myself. Noel Ignatiev is a critical race theorist infamous for promoting the idea of "abolishing whiteness and the white race", which apparently involves criticizing white people, from what I could tell.

...and asking his white students to commit suicide.

Because that's apparently totally acceptable in this day and age :)

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2016, 06:54:17 am »
So, a historian who sees race as a social construct and the concept of white race or whiteness as a central problem talks about abolishing white race. Of course, that means promoting an actual genocide instead of a call to abolish the concept of white race with a provocative choice of words.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2016, 07:02:31 am »
So, a historian who sees race as a social construct and the concept of white race or whiteness as a central problem talks about abolishing white race. Of course, that means promoting an actual genocide instead of a call to abolish the concept of white race with a provocative choice of words.

No, backflip harder! 

These mental gymnastics are fun to watch.

If he's talking about the death of a social construct and not people, why is he advocating for the deaths of people?  Fuck's sake...

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2016, 07:04:01 am »
Gonna need a source on the whole "asking white people to commit suicide" bit.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2016, 07:16:59 am »

No, backflip harder! 

These mental gymnastics are fun to watch.

If he's talking about the death of a social construct and not people, why is he advocating for the deaths of people?  Fuck's sake...
Ï'm genuinely prepared to be corrected. I checked the Finnish translations of "abolish" before posting to be certain I've understood the sentence right and the definitions I got supported and strengthened my interpretation. An academic usually uses very precise language when writing something that is to be published and the radical ones often like to use provocative language to get discussion riled up.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2016, 09:07:18 am »
Are we really fearing white genocide at the hands of academics pontificating over theories of race as a social construct? Really?

Because that has to be the daftest conservative social panic since Satanic D&D games and rainbow parties. Conty the honkies will be fine, there's bloody millions of us spread over several continents. Calm down old chap!

And yes, I get H word privileges. Don't fret, there'll be plenty of pasty types in the morning.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:16:32 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2016, 09:21:16 am »
Are we really fearing white genocide at the hands of academics pontificating over theories of race as a social construct? Really?

You heard it here first, people with dangerously loony beliefs being able to influence the education of large numbers of impressionable young minds isn't a cause for concern.

Nothing to see here, look away.

Why don't we just let flat earthers and creationists push their way into positions of influence in academia then?  You obviously don't think they will abuse their positions to disseminate their horrible bullshit to the masses.

Unless maybe you're applying that good old leftist double standard because you agree with his shit?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2016, 09:33:11 am »
Well it is a.concern, for people who panic about sociologists going on about social categories.

The rest of us'll happily leave them to it and worry about things that are objectively scarier, like 80s fashion or earwigs!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2016, 09:57:04 am »
It's adorable when a conservative's interpretation of sociological discourse is on the same level as a tumlbrina/radflake's.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2016, 10:56:40 am »
Who what where?

...and asking his white students to commit suicide.

Because that's apparently totally acceptable in this day and age :)

Yeah, I heard about those outrageous claims, and they seem to have come from a satirical blog post.  I'm not saying the man's above criticism, but criticizing him should be based on fact.

However, in fairness, there was another professor who legitimately did say that.  Though he later claimed he was joking.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2016, 11:04:08 am »
No single ideology or ethnic group has a monopoly on lunatics or horrible people.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!