Author Topic: Purported 4th Grade Science Test From SC  (Read 4151 times)

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
Purported 4th Grade Science Test From SC
« on: April 29, 2013, 12:48:16 pm »
http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/sciencetest.asp

I...just...there are no words.

REALLY hoping this turns out not to be true. That poor kid if it is...
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Purported 4th Grade Science Test From SC
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 12:55:30 pm »
I hope that really is her dad's comment toward the last part of the post. She won't be getting brainwashed any more come next school year.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 01:17:58 pm »
Seeing that it's from r/atheism instantly makes me doubt if this is true, but not entirely.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 01:55:45 pm »
If that's true that should be classed as child abuse.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 06:05:43 pm »
Reads like fundie Christian academy or fundie homeschooling work. 

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 06:12:25 pm »
I saw this on tumblr.  Some of the commenters said that even if this is real, it would have to be at a private Christian school, since this would be illegal in a public school.

Also, I like how they still think the 'were you there' comeback is a major burn against evolution.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 06:24:08 pm »
Next time somebody asks "were you there" I'll just say "Yes, I was. I am the everlasting dragon"

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 06:28:03 pm »
I saw this on tumblr.  Some of the commenters said that even if this is real, it would have to be at a private Christian school, since this would be illegal in a public school.

Also, I like how they still think the 'were you there' comeback is a major burn against evolution.

Because they were totally there. It's also not like their source of information doesn't say things that are blatantly, observably false. Climb to the top of a high enough mountain, you'll see the curve in the horizon.

It appears that there is indeed a school in the area this supposedly came from that could very well have given this test. (What does it test? How gullible someone is to believe someone on their word?)
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 06:31:17 pm »
To those who were hoping that this was false, I have bad news...Answers in Genesis is supporting that very school.

As an encouragement to this Christian school, which has been besieged lately, we ask you to contact the Academy through its website and offer your words of support—and also send it a donation as another means of encouragement. Blue Ridge Christian Academy www.brca.us is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization; you can donate with a credit card or through PayPal at www.brca.us (see the right side of the homepage), or you can send a generous check in the mail to this address: Blue Ridge Christian Academy, 424 Hwy. 101, Landrum, SC 29356.

At the very least, please send the Academy an email or letter of encouragement—and also pray for them.

Meanwhile, AiG will be working with the school administrator and her board to see what else we can do as a ministry to help them continue the calling it has to rescue kids from this present evil age.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 06:33:54 pm by the_ignored »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 12:22:31 am »
From this present evil age.....

Ironbite-*faceclaws*

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 12:46:16 am »
To those who were hoping that this was false, I have bad news...Answers in Genesis is supporting that very school.

As an encouragement to this Christian school, which has been besieged lately, we ask you to contact the Academy through its website and offer your words of support—and also send it a donation as another means of encouragement. Blue Ridge Christian Academy www.brca.us is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization; you can donate with a credit card or through PayPal at www.brca.us (see the right side of the homepage), or you can send a generous check in the mail to this address: Blue Ridge Christian Academy, 424 Hwy. 101, Landrum, SC 29356.

At the very least, please send the Academy an email or letter of encouragement—and also pray for them.

Meanwhile, AiG will be working with the school administrator and her board to see what else we can do as a ministry to help them continue the calling it has to rescue kids from this present evil age.

Why do they drum up for a "shower of blessings (cash)"? They gonna sue somebody? Nobody can successfully sue the school. It's South Carolina; nothing will be done to change their curriculum, at all.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 08:50:16 am »
Yanno, I'm tempted to use the last checks in a checkbook I still have for a closed checking account and send these people one, but in the amount line I'll write something like 'common sense' and 'academic scientific progressiveness'. Or maybe I'll just write 'REALITY' in it in all caps, so it'll be a REALITY check.

I would get my ass in so much trouble, but I can't help it...
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 08:52:24 am »
Yanno, I'm tempted to use the last checks in a checkbook I still have for a closed checking account and send these people one, but in the amount line I'll write something like 'common sense' and 'academic scientific progressiveness'. Or maybe I'll just write 'REALITY' in it in all caps, so it'll be a REALITY check.

I would get my ass in so much trouble, but I can't help it...

Just make a copy of the check and send that.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 12:52:46 am »
You know, they said to send a "check," they didn't specify what KIND of check.  I suggest just sending them pieces of papers with check marks on 'em.  And "fuck off" on the other side.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 01:19:40 am »
I'm reminded of that scene from Jesus Camp where this woman is tutoring her young son and starting spouting this bullshit about evolution was stupid and "science doesn't prove anything."