Author Topic: How to stop ebola, the GOP way!  (Read 2936 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
How to stop ebola, the GOP way!
« on: October 06, 2014, 03:31:52 am »
So as we all know, Ebola has reached our shores.  I know and after we did....nothing to prevent it.  But at least one forward thinking, righteous man has an answer that we, as Americans, should all get behind.

Just kill the sick!

Unfortunately I can't copy paste the article in question as the images aren't separate elements but be sure, this is the most vile thing I've ever seen since Paul Ryan's alternative to the ACA was don't get sick.  And not only does this moron think we should kill the sick, we should also kill the people who treat them, kill anyone who photographs or videotapes them, or anyone who might even have been in a movie with Kevin Bacon.

He also goes on to speculate how the virus might have been transmitted.  Ignoring such things as scientific fact or common sense, he thinks it's because the people over there were eating one another.  If only they could have learned calculus this virus wouldn't have had a chance to pass itself from host to host.  I mean we all know that it's not doctors with their medicine or their learning that stops sickness.  No it's higher forms of math.

Ironbite-thank the gods they sent this idiot to remind us how stupid the right wing truly is.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: How to stop ebola, the GOP way!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 04:20:25 am »
...I honestly thought that it would have been something as simple as "poor people are to blame if they get sick and if they can't afford their treatment they deserve to die."

I didn't think he would go as far as say (and I am quoting him)
But if somebody gets through and has Ebola, kill it with fire and salt the earth. Compassion is a killer.

Excuse me as I move a bit further away from USA. Just to be safe...

(I think you guys should do something about that maniac...)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 06:28:51 am »
...Of course he's anti-abortion, because fuck logic.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 07:05:09 am »
...Of course he's anti-abortion, because fuck logic.
Teh unborn BABIEEES are innocent and therefore must be protected while the poor smuchks who get ebola clearly deserve to die.

Protect the unborn and fuck the living. The true Red blooded, Christian, 'Murrican way.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 09:09:27 am »
This guy's a fucking idiot.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 02:16:32 pm »
How many new infections are there per victim? If the number is more than 1, euthanize at 50/50. That's just math.
Sure, but you haven't established your premise. New infections per victim vary based on several factors and must eventually be lower than one (evidence: we're not all dead). The disagreement is not over the mathematical part of the argument, but the epidemiological one, i.e. can we effectively quarantine Ebola. If you want to argue for immediate execution, establish that in fact current practices are not good enough. You can prove anything with math if you freely assume the empirical facts are whatever you want them to be.

Source: I am in fact very good at calculus.
Σא

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 02:24:35 pm »
People with Ebola in the US need to be humanely put down immediately.

I'm a right-to-die sort of person -- thought I suspect this GOP official very odiously isn't -- and I think people who know they'll die from a horrible disease in a few days should be able to make that decision themselves (apparently he wants to make these decisions for them). Have a painless way to go out, you know?

Oh, but the GOP is against assisted suicide. Fuck them.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 03:36:25 pm »
Give him Ebola, then see what he says.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 04:46:30 pm »
It's hard to believe that he's serious.  If he is, then it's hard to believe that he's sane.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 05:08:50 pm »
I was half expecting to open the thread and it would say "Bomb Liberia!"

That isn't too may steps beyond what he actually said, is it?
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 05:37:25 pm »
Another point this fucking idiot missed is that if someone dies of Ebola, their dead body remains a vector of infection. So just killing people because they're sick will probably (I'm not sure but I'm confidant) spread the infection even more than, y'know, taking care the sick.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 06:27:17 pm »
But I thought suffering brought you closer to Jesus!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 06:45:05 pm »
Doesn't Ebola have about a 20% or so survival rate?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 07:12:35 pm »

Random protestors running up and splattering human blood on the faces of generals and war mongering pols was a thing back in the eighties. I say bring it back for Paul Ryan.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 07:26:04 pm »

Random protestors running up and splattering human blood on the faces of generals and war mongering pols was a thing back in the eighties. I say bring it back for Paul Ryan.

Not a bad thought, but they'd probably end up shot by either the police or Secret Service.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.