Author Topic: ISIS threatens Rome  (Read 8545 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
ISIS threatens Rome
« on: February 22, 2015, 12:02:12 am »
Did you guys not learn ANYTHING from the Crusades? Do we need to drop a special unit clothed in metal armor and wielding swords in addition to machine guns into Syria?

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/romans-tweet-back-at-isis-111583298057.html

ISIS threatens Rome, and not even the Romans take them seriously.

Hm, maybe we could re-open the Coliseum, and give some IS mooks to the lions.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: ISIS threatens Rome
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 12:14:45 am »
Did you guys not learn ANYTHING from the Crusades? Do we need to drop a special unit clothed in metal armor and wielding swords in addition to machine guns into Syria?

I am the Hammer, I am the mail about his fist.

I am the spear in his hand.

Though we are lost, I am the shield on his arm.

I am the flight of his arrows, I am the Hammer.

I am the Sword. I am the Shield.

I am the soldier at the end of time.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 12:16:18 am »
"Logistics?  What are those?"

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 12:19:54 am »
Didn't the Crusades end with the Muslims kicking the Crusaders out of the Middle East?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 01:32:12 am »
In related news, anyone else see that picture of the parade of vehicles in Libya that all has been painted up in ISIS colors and with their flag on the back? I don't know any other terrorist group that has gone to the trouble of getting several brand new cars and giving them custom paint jobs to, and then use them a technicals and parade them through a city like the North Korean military. There were also pictures of young children saluting them as they passed.

They're also, in addition to threatening Rome, threatening Italy and Europe in general with sending 500,000 refugees over in boats as "psychological weapon". They know that the Italian navy won't sink ships full of women and children, and they plan on hiding terrorists  in among the refugees.

They think they can take Rome? Fuhgedaboutit. They think the shit they pull is brutal? I guess they never read a history book covering Rome. They also seem to forget that the only places they've taken over are places that weren't terribly well defended to begin with.

Hm, maybe we could re-open the Coliseum, and give some IS mooks to the lions.

The floor would need to be rebuilt, but otherwise I'm all for this coliseum idea.

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 01:57:04 am »
Didn't the Crusades end with the Muslims kicking the Crusaders out of the Middle East?

Yes, but it was mainly due to the Crusaders being goddamn stupid. They got sick because they didn't know that if you are going to take a shit in the desert you should do it outside your camp (which is something that the Bible specifically tells you), they started wars with FRIENDLY Muslims who were allied with the Christians in Middle East and eventually they started wars with the CHRISTIANS living in the Middle East (because they were the wrong type of Christians.) Not to mention that the indiscriminate slaughter of infidels didn't really help them gain friends.

Actually, I could see ISIS fucking things up and alienating their allies as well.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 08:38:31 am »
Oh, no, they're threatening Rome!  What's next?  Will they threaten to burn the Library of Alexandria?  Maybe attack the Forbidden City?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 09:19:40 am »
They're also, in addition to threatening Rome, threatening Italy and Europe in general with sending 500,000 refugees over in boats as "psychological weapon". They know that the Italian navy won't sink ships full of women and children, and they plan on hiding terrorists  in among the refugees.

That actually sounds like a good plan.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 03:57:01 pm »
This is how you fight terrorists.....
http://www.upworthy.com/just-2-reasons-account-for-why-80-of-terrorist-groups-split-up?c=hpstream
You don't really need *KABOOM! BLAM! POW! RATTATATTAT! KABLOOIE!*
The path of least resistance is the easiest & best.
Along with that, there needs to be youth outreaches to immigrant kids. Terrorist groups are mostly young people who feel disaffected for one reason or another and they're bored.

Isis will go belly-up, one day. I promise you that!

Some food for thought....
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2009/11/08/why_fundamentalism_will_fail/
It's several years old but it's an article that has been going around.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 04:32:06 pm »
We seem to be forgetting the ISIS doesn't need to use conventional tactics to cause mass casualties in Rome. If they just send a couple guys with a bunch of explosives on there waists they could easily take out dozens, or alternatively start gunning people down with an AK.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 06:03:02 pm »
And that's when the entire Catholic world, which I guess ISIS forgets is a good billion people, comes down so hard on them they're nothing more then a smear on the footnote of history.

Ironbite-they really don't understand how the west works do they?

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 06:30:04 pm »
And that's when the entire Catholic world, which I guess ISIS forgets is a good billion people, comes down so hard on them they're nothing more then a smear on the footnote of history.

They want as many westerners as possible to get pissed off at them and create more anti-Muslim sentiments. Their recruitment depends on young, impressionable Muslims seeing them as defenders of Islam from the infidels.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 07:10:55 pm »

The Catholic world? What the hell are they going to do? Send the Swiss Guard into Iraq and Syria? I guess that's be good for a laugh or two, if nothing else.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 07:21:43 pm »
Laugh while you still can, Art.

@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 07:25:00 pm »
"What the hell is that out there?"
"Where?"
"Straight ahead, near the horizon."
"Ohmygawd, it's the ISISIAN Navy."
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.