Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2024094 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #450 on: February 07, 2012, 03:26:28 pm »

This about sums it up for me right now.

For me, there needs to be a long line connected to a "Figure out perfect way of explaining it ten hours later while lying in bed" bubble.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #451 on: February 07, 2012, 03:30:26 pm »
Oh gad, this Windows 7 upgrade is even less intuitive than Vista. MSN should be down in the clock area, not in my task bar, what the fuck. At least I got that stupid "stacked taskbar" shit turned off...

Why do things need to change appearance when they change function? It's incredibly terrible. Shit like this is why I don't upgrade things.

I like it, personally.  All your open windows are easily organized.  If a window isn't open, then the logo can be completely removed from the taskbar.

Also, I think there's a way to add a shortcut to MSN in your bottom-right widget dealy.  I just haven't bothered to figure it out.

Yup. Right click the MSN executable. Click Compatibility. Set it to XP or Vista compatibility. This then allows you to stick it back into the task tray like before in olden times.
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #452 on: February 07, 2012, 03:43:10 pm »
The connection has timed out

The server at chat.shatteredtears.com is taking too long to respond.
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.
  If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Er... right, I'll edit the link so it links to Mibbit. The server's down because I don't have enough funds to cover the bill for the server due to having to spend more to pay back certain debts. :/

Edit: Done.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:47:43 pm by Keiro Dreamwalker »
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #453 on: February 07, 2012, 05:30:47 pm »
I was supposed to have a second interview with the district manager of a store today. I had myself all worked up for it and was going to call her, but fifteen minutes before the scheduled time, I got a call from the store manager asking to reschedule. Now I have to work myself up to it all over again.
You'll do fine. Sucks that it got rescheduled though.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #454 on: February 08, 2012, 12:23:39 am »
How everyone seems to be leaving the forum, and I really can't see why. I don't see how "bad" this forum is. I think there is overacting in play, personally.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #455 on: February 08, 2012, 12:28:19 am »
When things you say come true even though it's your greatest fear.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #456 on: February 08, 2012, 01:09:07 am »
How everyone seems to be leaving the forum, and I really can't see why. I don't see how "bad" this forum is. I think there is overacting in play, personally.

It's only a few users, and some of the more vocal ones at that. Still, I don't see what's so bad either. The drama has cooled down considerably.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #457 on: February 08, 2012, 01:17:23 am »
My new job. I was led to believe it would be labouring and driving a forklift. So far it's been all of the former and none of the latter. I'm weak and pasty and I need fork experience medammit!

Either way though it's paying for my future gaming PC, so I guess I can't complain.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #458 on: February 09, 2012, 11:04:13 am »
Bleh, I keep coughing, my throat is itchy and sore, and my eyes are watering because of this.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Jack Bauer

• Poetic Badass
  • Pope
  • On Craggy Island, under deep cover.
« Reply #459 on: February 09, 2012, 11:22:58 am »
Kent Hovind's smug, shit eating smile annoys me intensely.

Incidentally, does anyone else see a resemblance between Hovind and Ron Howard back in the days when he had frontal hair?

Part wolf, part pirate.

“Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”   -  Albert Einstein.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #460 on: February 09, 2012, 12:16:19 pm »
A headache that isn't really a headache but can't be touched by meds.

&

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #461 on: February 09, 2012, 10:39:15 pm »
When I try to cut a mat off of my dog's mouth area, and he starts freaking out over it, and makes me almost cut him by accident.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #462 on: February 09, 2012, 10:50:09 pm »
Background: I wear makeup fairly regularly now, when I feel like looking nice, but I didn't start wearing it until I was twenty and didn't really go full-on painted lady until two or three years ago.

So I'm quite mercifully unburdened by the stereotypical female anxiety about being seen without makeup on. Lately I've found myself feeling a little self-conscious without it, but it was one of those very rare circumstances under which I could rationally waylay my fear by attributing my worries to my shit self-esteem and assured myself that I was only judging myself way harsher than reality allowed for. And that was that, until this evening.

I work in a store two towns away from where I live, and there's another of the same store about five minutes from my apartment, so I only ever go to work when I actually have a shift. Since I don't want to give anyone the impression I don't give a fuck about what I look like, I wear makeup when I'm working and no one there has actually seen me without it. Again, I thought NOTHING of this and wasn't the least embarrassed about going in unpainted today to pick up my hours. On my way out, one of the teenagers who works there spotted me and came out with this gem:

"Oh my gosh! You look TERRIBLE! Oh, no, I don't mean it in a bad way, I just mean... you look really sick is all, are you okay?"

I told her I was totally fine and that this is just how I look without makeup. She apologized profusely right away and was really embarrassed at having said it. She's one of those girls who's just really really nice to everybody and doesn't have anything critical to say about ANYONE, so the fact that I looked so haggard that it startled an honest remark like that from her says a lot more than the words alone say.

One of those situations where I just have to laugh or I'm gonna slit my throat.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #463 on: February 09, 2012, 11:16:43 pm »
A girl sitting next to me at school today was complaining about how she spent $70 at a bar the other night. You see, dipshit, it's pretty easy to avoid doing something that monumentally stupid. You can either learn to control yourself and only order a drink or two, or (since that's probably too hard) you can stay away from bars entirely. If those are both too difficult, then by Jebus, you've got a problem.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #464 on: February 09, 2012, 11:18:08 pm »
Background: I wear makeup fairly regularly now, when I feel like looking nice, but I didn't start wearing it until I was twenty and didn't really go full-on painted lady until two or three years ago.

So I'm quite mercifully unburdened by the stereotypical female anxiety about being seen without makeup on. Lately I've found myself feeling a little self-conscious without it, but it was one of those very rare circumstances under which I could rationally waylay my fear by attributing my worries to my shit self-esteem and assured myself that I was only judging myself way harsher than reality allowed for. And that was that, until this evening.

I work in a store two towns away from where I live, and there's another of the same store about five minutes from my apartment, so I only ever go to work when I actually have a shift. Since I don't want to give anyone the impression I don't give a fuck about what I look like, I wear makeup when I'm working and no one there has actually seen me without it. Again, I thought NOTHING of this and wasn't the least embarrassed about going in unpainted today to pick up my hours. On my way out, one of the teenagers who works there spotted me and came out with this gem:

"Oh my gosh! You look TERRIBLE! Oh, no, I don't mean it in a bad way, I just mean... you look really sick is all, are you okay?"

I told her I was totally fine and that this is just how I look without makeup. She apologized profusely right away and was really embarrassed at having said it. She's one of those girls who's just really really nice to everybody and doesn't have anything critical to say about ANYONE, so the fact that I looked so haggard that it startled an honest remark like that from her says a lot more than the words alone say.

One of those situations where I just have to laugh or I'm gonna slit my throat.

Call me crazy, but I think a lot of women look better with no makeup.  It just seems... Natural.  Which... it is.   So I'm annoyed by women who go all crazy about how ugly they look when they haven't had the chance to 'put their face on'; when they look just fine.  Good grief.