Author Topic: One Million Moms at it again.  (Read 7508 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
One Million Moms at it again.
« on: April 15, 2012, 08:58:18 pm »
One Million Moms, the same ones that went apeshit over Ellen being the spokesperson for JCPenney, and the Gay Wedding Issue of Archie Comics being sold at Toy 'R US, are now targeting Urban Outfitters, due to a photo of two women kissing in their April Catalog.
http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2012/04/one-million-moms-next-target-urban-outfitters-over-catalog-kiss/

Man, these idiots really need to get a life...

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: One Million Moms at it again.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 09:40:32 pm »
Wow...really?

Ironbite-anything sets these idiots off.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 10:04:37 pm »
I find a good way to find out if a group is nothing more than a bunch of bored and sexually frustrated/repressed housewives who greatly overestimate not only their own intelligence but also the importance of their spawn to the rest of the world is if the word "moms" is anywhere in the group name. It almost never fails.

Now if only there were an equally effective method of making them shut the fuck up.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 01:41:20 am »
"One Million Moms" is not made up of one million moms. It's actually just a front group for the American Family Association.

shykid

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 07:41:02 am »
Hate groups like this turn a blind eye to—and even implicitly encourage—LGBT bullying in schools, violence and hate crimes, and inane, small-minded shit like this, but two people kissing is what's really offensive here. Riiiight.

It's perfectly normal in some cultures for close friends and relatives of either sex to kiss each other on the lips, looking almost every bit as intimate as the two pretty ladies in this picture. These people would lose their shit there—well, that is, assuming they hadn't already.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 11:21:30 am »
Isn't it really more like a couple dozen moms, if that? I think it was said last time this came up.

I find a good way to find out if a group is nothing more than a bunch of bored and sexually frustrated/repressed housewives who greatly overestimate not only their own intelligence but also the importance of their spawn to the rest of the world is if the word "moms" is anywhere in the group name. It almost never fails.

Now if only there were an equally effective method of making them shut the fuck up.

Now I give you MAPSU! Mothers Against Peeing Standing Up.

"MAPSU is more than just moms – we're real people – dads, young people, and other concerned individuals who want to stop peeing standing up, support the victims (those who have to clean up), and prevent unnecessary urine stream fragmentation.

Our organization is commited to education through awareness. Founded in August, 2000, we have launched our Yellow Ribbon "Take A Seat!" campaign."

"MYTH #1: "Men can pee standing up"

Fact: The reality is men can NOT pee standing up without getting as much as a stray drop on the seat or the outside surface of the toilet. Fragmentation of the urine stream causes particles of urine to dissipate. The larger the distance urine has to travel, the bigger the dissipation radius gets.
     Some of you may say, "No, not me! I can pee through a donut from 40 feet above!" Well, mister hand-eye coordination, you are probably one of those people who also never ask for directions. Admitting that you have a problem is half the battle. At some point in your life you need to ask yourself, "Is it worth it? What has peeing standing up cost me in my life?"

MYTH #2: "It's a victimless crime."

Fact: Peeing standing up destroys families. Who cleans the bathrooms in your house? Your mother? Your wife? Even if you clean up after yourself, what happens when you are a guest at someone's home, over at your friend's house, visiting the inlaws, or using a public bathroom? Why should someone else have to suffer for your unwillingness to sit down?"

I can't tell if this shot is real or not.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Undecided

• The boring one.
  • Bishop
  • Amateur Obfuscator
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 11:38:54 am »
I can't tell if this shot is real or not.
Very obviously a joke...I dare you not to laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLnWM_AXYfo
You mad, you lose.

People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.
Helen Keller
Le doute n'est pas une condition agréable, mais la certitude est absurde.
Voltaire

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 12:10:52 pm »
Thank you, Obi-wan Kenobi, it's a fucking joke, it's sometimes hard to tell with all the fucking crazies about.

The same thing goes for the word "Family"

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 08:25:40 pm »
I find it hilarious that OMM (seriously, NOM and OMM need to get together to be OMM NOM NOM) is targeting Urban Outfitters, because Urban Outfitters is a racist, sexist, plagiarizing, transphobic company.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 08:30:46 pm »
I find it hilarious that OMM (seriously, NOM and OMM need to get together to be OMM NOM NOM) is targeting Urban Outfitters, because Urban Outfitters is a racist, sexist, plagiarizing, transphobic company.

They also pledge money to anti-gay politicians.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

QueenofHearts

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 08:33:28 pm »

I like the Omm nom nom idea, and we should create some kind of internet meme to get this ball rolling.

But it kind of makes sense to target racist, sexist, and transphobic companies as their managers are more likely to cave into OMM NOM NOM pressure instead of defending "alternative lifestyles." Though, I don't like the women kissing in the Urban Outfitters catalog, not that two women don't have a right to be together, just it looks so fake and exploitative of society's view of lesbianism (lesploitative needs to be a word).

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 01:10:32 am »
Isn't it really more like a couple dozen moms, if that? I think it was said last time this came up.

"MYTH #1: "Men can pee standing up"

Fact: The reality is men can NOT pee standing up without getting as much as a stray drop on the seat or the outside surface of the toilet. Fragmentation of the urine stream causes particles of urine to dissipate. The larger the distance urine has to travel, the bigger the dissipation radius gets.

This is true.

However pee has no germs, so it isn't necessarily a health risk.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:15:46 am by Lexikon »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 01:53:36 am »
However pee has no germs, so it isn't necessarily a health risk.
At first it doesn't, but leave it sitting around for longer than a few minutes and it'll become infested with the little buggers.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 12:28:44 am »
Seriously, if they're constantly this busy trying to shelter their kids, what time do they actually SPEND with them?
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Art Vandelay

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 12:47:10 am »
Seriously, if they're constantly this busy trying to shelter their kids, what time do they actually SPEND with them?
Why would they raise their own kids? That's clearly everyone else's job.