Author Topic: Korean War to Officially End  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Korean War to Officially End
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 10:49:48 am »
If that actually ends up being a thing, colour me impressed.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 11:01:20 am »
This might be a case of Trump's insanity having good effects--both Koreas are so afraid of what he might do that they'd rather ally with each other.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 11:01:50 am »
Oh yeah, that war from the 1950's never officially ended. Ah well, better late then never, as they say.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 03:29:33 pm »
Couple of things to realize.  One, the Orange Piss Pot is claiming credit for this.  Which is....apt.  Two, this might fall apart like every other time they've tried to end the war.  Three, North Korea's main nuclear reactor just melted down so they don't have the materials to make any more nukes.  Four, Russia is trying to get an oil pipeline down through the peninsula and Trump's fixation on North Korea has never been in Putin's plan.  So bear all that in mind.

Ironbite-on the other hand, if this does end the war, Trump won't have the excuse to attack North Korea without going through Congress.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 12:20:56 am »
Couple of things to realize.  One, the Orange Piss Pot is claiming credit for this.  Which is....apt.  Two, this might fall apart like every other time they've tried to end the war.  Three, North Korea's main nuclear reactor just melted down so they don't have the materials to make any more nukes.  Four, Russia is trying to get an oil pipeline down through the peninsula and Trump's fixation on North Korea has never been in Putin's plan.  So bear all that in mind.

Ironbite-on the other hand, if this does end the war, Trump won't have the excuse to attack North Korea without going through Congress.

Course he will, he'll just say that John told him he should. (John Bolton, specifically.)

EDIT: And, of course, Mike [Pompeo], who thinks the President can declare war unilaterally. (Fuck you, Rand Paul, for being an unprincipled hack.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 04:19:17 am »
My grandfathers fought and some of their cousins and brothers were killed by this conflict. Other parts of my family had to flee their homeland because it was torn apart by the conflict between Kim's Juche ideology (communist in name only, more akin to fascism) and the Capitalist-backed Dictators that originally lead the south.

I trust Kim the 3rd about as far as I can throw him but I hope for the world's sake that he keeps to this peace deal and starts freeing the innocents from the prison camps and giving the rest more freedoms.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 03:28:37 am »
China pressuring NK to make peace, the nuke test base collapsing the mountain and causing the threat of radiation leak that NK cannot clean up without international help, USA being unstable and possibly some calculations that NK cannot sustain itself without starving and collapsing are all plausible reasons for their desire for peace. Most likely it's a combination of more than one of these that brought them to the table.

Any way, it's a good thing.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!