Author Topic: Your Tooth Is Stuck In My Eyeball  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Your Tooth Is Stuck In My Eyeball
« on: October 08, 2013, 01:24:20 am »
Ian Tibbetts, 43, first damaged his eye 16 years ago when a piece of scrap metal from an oven struck him in the right eye - ripping his cornea in six places.

So what do you do with your eye wound, shove a freakin tooth in it

The procedure - called Osteo-Odonto-Keratoprosthesis (OOKP) - involves the reconstruction of a new eye using a tiny plastic lens and one of the patient's own teeth.

The lens is inserted into a hole drilled through the tooth, which is later implanted in the eye.

And as long as the retina is still functioning, the lens then provides a new window through which the patient is able to see.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/10352560/Blind-fathers-joy-of-seeing-twin-boys-after-tooth-implanted-in-eye.html

If that doesnt gross you out, heres what you look like after

Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
Re: Your Tooth Is Stuck In My Eyeball
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 02:23:43 am »
So tempted to claim that those pictures are shooped.

I dare to say that the medical procedure reminds me of a hack, but I digress. So long as it works without future complications. If only stem cell research was not crippled, should have been able to grow him a new eye by now.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 08:25:36 am »
Wow, are those photos uncomfortable to look at. Good for him though, getting to properly see his kids for the first time.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 11:34:22 am »
So happy for him, but I hope they have given him a contact lens with a colored iris imprint for that eye.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 04:10:33 pm »
If I had been the victim I would have reconciled myself to being called "One-Eye."
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.