Author Topic: Another religious marital rape apologist?  (Read 1532 times)

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
Another religious marital rape apologist?
« on: July 13, 2015, 08:17:56 pm »
Anyone remember creationist marital rape apologist John Mackay?
http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=100664

Guess what?
Oh yeah.  This is worse.

It depends. Had he just had sex with her in the last few days? Then perhaps he should have put her need to not experience more pain and discomfort ahead of his need for sex. But if she had been in pain for weeks or a month and he finally came to her and said “Babe I need this, I promise I will make it quick” – then she should have put his need for sex above her need to not experience additional discomfort.

Sometimes though a woman cannot have vaginal intercourse for medical reasons beyond just discomfort.

And it gets worse:
As I have said before, I have never advocated for a Christian husband to force himself upon his wife. But contrary to what feminists and other marital rape accusers say – there is difference between a husband convincing his wife to let him have sex with her and him physically forcing himself upon her.

Rather than hash this out again here – I have answered this entire issue from a Biblical perspective in the my article “Is a husband selfish for having sex with his wife when she is not in the mood”. But the short answer is no he is not being selfish for having sex with his wife simply because she is not in the mood. The Bible is clear that for the purposes of sex “The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.” – I Corinthians 7:4.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Another religious marital rape apologist?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 08:51:20 pm »
Go fuck yourself with a cactus, John.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 09:04:13 pm »
As, but, from. Those are the parts I can get behind. The rest, well, enjoy your lonely life buddy.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 09:40:08 pm »
I just want to know.....Do these frummy freaks know they sound like maniacs?

Same with guys like Todd Akin, who make stupid rape-comments and have the nerve to be surprised if there's a backlash?

Talk about "Moral Myopia"!