Author Topic: Australia to fund pseudoscientific "alt health" courses  (Read 1729 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Australia to fund pseudoscientific "alt health" courses
« on: January 22, 2015, 06:20:21 pm »

"Climate change is crap" Tony Abbott wants to fund private college courses iridology, homeopathy and...fucking flower essence therapy as part of his higher education reforms.

Profit-making colleges would receive taxpayer funding to teach students unproven alternative remedies such as homeopathy, flower essence therapy and iridology under the Abbott government's proposed higher education reforms.

The move comes as the government considers stripping the private health insurance rebate from any policies covering natural therapies not supported by evidence.

As well as deregulating university fees and cutting university funding, the government's higher education reforms would extend funding to private colleges, TAFEs and sub-bachelor degree programs at a cost of $820 million over three years.

The old conservative playbook, stripping money from government institutions while funneling it to dodgy private providers with no oversight at a cost to the taxpayer that's equal or potentially greater than the old government institutions and services themselves.

I fucking loathe this government, makes the John Howard era look like a model of good governance by comparison.

Art Vandelay

Re: Australia to fund pseudoscientific "alt health" courses
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 06:48:46 pm »
Sigh, I really fucking hate Tony Abbott.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 11:04:40 pm »
It's as if he attended Liberty University here. Total fucknugget.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 11:18:37 pm »
I guess left-wing pseudoscience needed some love.   ::)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 11:22:23 pm »
Oh, homeopathy is practiced by all political stripes. It's an egalitarian type of snake oil.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 05:08:15 am »
I am going to include a Take That in my novels against this kind of thing - in the 'verse, every myth is real, from fairies to demons to even a Bunyip.

...And everyone still agrees homeopathy is horse shit.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 03:49:54 pm »
So they don't have enough things in the country that are trying to kill you.  Now they're inventing more?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"