Author Topic: Another mass shooting this time in NY  (Read 7267 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Another mass shooting this time in NY
« on: August 24, 2012, 10:19:24 am »
Another idiot has decided to make other peoples lives miserable or over before getting themselves shot. This time in New York.

From Gawker:

There are now numerous reports that between two and seven people were shot at 5th Avenue and 34th Street near the Empire State Building around 9 this morning. The New York Post currently says only two were shot. But the Twitter feed NYScanner reports that seven people were shot in total, including the shooter, who was killed by police. Of the other six victims, five are reportedly stable and one is in serious condition.

Spare a quiet thought for the victims of this latest moron with a gun and a grudge!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Another mass shooting this time in NY
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:56:37 am »
I live in the Tri-State area, so it's all over my TV. They say it's a workplace dispute. People need to calm the fuck down and stop shooting everyone else.

Offline wyvern999

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 12:09:33 pm »

Spare a quiet thought for the victims of this latest moron with a gun and a grudge!

Well if America wasn't so lax with guns control all he would have is a grudge and I've never heard of anyone being shot with one of those.

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 12:33:25 pm »

Well if America wasn't so lax with guns control all he would have is a grudge and I've never heard of anyone being shot with one of those.

Yes, because we need to have THIS discussion again.......

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 12:34:42 pm »
Damn. My heart goes out to the victims and their loved ones.

Okay, we already know how this is going to go now that Pandora's box has been opened. People will bitch about access to guns being far too easy. Other people will show up to bitch about gun control not being the only issue, and people still finding ways to get weapons even with gun laws. There will be an argument over whether crime rates in nations with stricter gun control are a case of correlation or causation. Somehow, a discussion on the specs of various guns and whether or not those varieties of firearm should be banned will come up. These posts will be scattered with comments about how most gun owners are responsible and shouldn't be hated, even though no one in the thread will have said that all gun owners are bad. Roughly ten thousand people will come along to say, "I really hate guns and wish they hadn't been invented but since they exist, they cannot realistically be banned." This will be stated in a "just so you know" manner, since no one here will actually be arguing that firearm possession should be made outright illegal.

There. Saved us ten pages of debate.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:39:00 pm by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 01:29:55 pm »
/thread
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Distind

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 02:17:19 pm »
Just saw a commerical for my local gunstore(here in NY) for the first time. Thinking they're not gonna get the response they were hoping for out of it given the timing.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 02:26:41 pm »
Damn. My heart goes out to the victims and their loved ones.

Okay, we already know how this is going to go now that Pandora's box has been opened. People will bitch about access to guns being far too easy. Other people will show up to bitch about gun control not being the only issue, and people still finding ways to get weapons even with gun laws. There will be an argument over whether crime rates in nations with stricter gun control are a case of correlation or causation. Somehow, a discussion on the specs of various guns and whether or not those varieties of firearm should be banned will come up. These posts will be scattered with comments about how most gun owners are responsible and shouldn't be hated, even though no one in the thread will have said that all gun owners are bad. Roughly ten thousand people will come along to say, "I really hate guns and wish they hadn't been invented but since they exist, they cannot realistically be banned." This will be stated in a "just so you know" manner, since no one here will actually be arguing that firearm possession should be made outright illegal.

There. Saved us ten pages of debate.

Yeah.. pretty much regardless of forum.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 05:48:59 pm »
I know that a lot of states make crimes involving firearms more severe, in terms of "aggravating factors" at sentencing.  I'm not sure how many of these incidents it would prevent, but it's certainly not a bad approach.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 08:27:31 pm »
Well that was fast.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X663AdAR8eY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X663AdAR8eY</a>
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 09:52:31 pm »
...THE FUCK RUSH!?

Ironbite-damn bodies aren't even cold.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 09:55:10 pm »
News reports are saying that the gunman only hit one person and most of the bystanders were actually accidentally hit by the NYPD.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 10:37:02 pm »
VirtualStranger: I saw those reports and it had me shaking my head. To be fair, in a crowded environment like that, it's good more people didn't get hurt. That said, so many bystanders getting hurt by bad shots from the police should serve two lessons: 1) That the NYPD needs to get away from the Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy, and 2) When that bullet leaves the barrel, it doesn't care what it hits.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 11:51:38 pm »
News reports are saying that the gunman only hit one person and most of the bystanders were actually accidentally hit by the NYPD.

More guns- the solution to gun crime.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Saturn500

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 12:06:02 am »

More guns- the solution to gun crime.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i68cEsALWt0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i68cEsALWt0</a>

Sorry, had to do it.