Author Topic: Helping a friend out  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Helping a friend out
« on: September 04, 2013, 12:08:59 am »
I don't know if this violates any rules about trying to sell things, but my best friend could really use some help right now. Her first album, which she collaborated on with a few other friends of mine, was released this afternoon. It's entitled 'In the Key of Earth', and is largely comprised of ballad-type songs a la Depeche Mode Portishead, Devin Townsend, and Sigurros (I don't know who most of these are, to be perfectly honest). Steinunn, my friend, is the lead vocalist on the album.

I normally wouldn't post something like this, but Steinunn's currently only in the US on a restricted work visa, meaning she can only be employed by jobs that fit her degree (music), so her options are a bit limited. I'm told that obtaining a full work visa is pretty difficult on its own, but that having something like this do well goes a long way to letting her stay in the country, which is why I'm posting this. I love her to death, and really don't want to think about seeing her get deported and sent back to Iceland; it would mean the world to me if anyone likes her music enough to purchase it, and help ensure that she stays in the States. Demos of each song are available on Soundcloud, and the album itself can be purchased on iTunes. I'm told there's also physical copies that will be available on CDBaby, but I have not been provided with that link.

Again, if this violates some forum rule I've forgotten, I apologize. But both Steinunn and I would really appreciate it if anyone is able to help her stay in the country.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Helping a friend out
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 03:26:21 pm »
No worries, the 'don't sell stuff' rule is about preventing spamming, not about stopping you from helping out a friend. I hope she can stay.
Σא

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 05:06:37 pm »
Same. If I didn't have less than $10 to my name, I'd likely buy it.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 07:02:38 pm »
Awesome, thanks guys.

I'd like to add that I was sent a link to Amazon MP3 downloads, if anyone finds that a better option.

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 11:14:21 am »
Awesome, thanks guys.

I'd like to add that I was sent a link to Amazon MP3 downloads, if anyone finds that since that is a better option.

fix'd

Also, checking it out, will likely purchase if it's something that I or someone I know would enjoy.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 11:21:52 am »
Awesome. Thanks so much!