Author Topic: Mentally ill lunatic elected to the Colorado House of Representatives  (Read 3977 times)

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/meet-dr-chaps-gordon-klingenschmitt-colorados-new-anti-gay-demon-hunting-state-legislator

Just...I...wtf. He didn't just win. HE GOT OVER SEVENTY FUCKING PERCENT OF THE VOTE!

Between this, the elections of Glenn Grothman, Jody Hice, Joni Ernst, and the reelection of Paul LePage being reelected, I can honestly say that this country has taken a turn in a truly scary direction. The European Union has elected far-right fascists earlier this year. This planet is going to hell. If the Moon were habitable, I'd move there in a heartbeat.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:12:16 pm by mythbuster43 »

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: Mentally ill lunatic elected to the Colorado House of Representatives
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 03:33:20 pm »
This motherfucker got a last name like a Captain America villain. I think we need to see his long form birth certificate.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 03:42:12 pm »
Even in the most redneck parts of the country, I still don't know how the someone this full of Bat Fuck Insane could win 70% of the vote.

Excuse me, I'm going to go bang my head against a brick wall for a while.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 03:48:04 pm »
I'm mostly concerned about his disgusting homophobia.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 04:05:40 pm »
Even in the most redneck parts of the country, I still don't know how the someone this full of Bat Fuck Insane could win 70% of the vote.

Excuse me, I'm going to go bang my head against a brick wall for a while.

Klingenschmitt reminds me of the likes of Ben Tillman and James K. Vardman, two politicians from the South in the late 19th and early 20th centuries who were viciously racist even for their time and routinely advocated lynching and mob violence in order to keep the blacks "in check." They got re-elected over and over. There's no such thing as being too batshit to find some sort of support base.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 04:06:10 pm »
Internet ate my original answer but in short:

1) This guy should not have been allowed into any position of power.

2) There are many reasons for 1) but a particularly important reason is that he believes we are living in the biblical end times...

3) What is wrong with the people of Colorado? If this is truly the kind of person who represents them the best I would leave that state the first thing next morning if I happened to live there.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 04:07:51 pm »

2) There are many reasons for 1) but a particularly important reason is that he believes we are living in the biblical end times...

3) What is wrong with the people of Colorado? If this is truly the kind of person who represents them the best I would leave that state the first thing next morning if I happened to live there.

He's support comes from the rural underpopulated sections of Colorado. There's some truly horrifying far-right crazies that inhabit those reaches.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 04:14:00 pm »
I really don't see why you're surprised. We might see this guy as a demon, but the Republicans see him as a visionary, a hero. This is exactly the kind of person they wish they could publicly be.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 04:22:31 pm »
Gott im himmel, Nautical999 got elected?

... You realize a large number of US politicians and general populace believe we're living in the biblical end times, right?(which isn't really a concept from the bible, but instead from some guys ass) That's why they're so hellbent on supporting Israel. It's not that the like Jews, they see them as a means to an end. One of the prophecies says the Temple of Soloman has to be rebuilt before the end happens, and the Jews have to do it in the original location in Jerusalem. Their problem is that the location is currently occupied by a mosque, the destruction of which is said to be likely to cause WWIII.

Probably fucked up the explanation, but that's the gist of it.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 04:25:19 pm »
Gott im himmel, Nautical999 got elected?

... You realize a large number of US politicians and general populace believe we're living in the biblical end times, right?(which isn't really a concept from the bible, but instead from some guys ass) That's why they're so hellbent on supporting Israel. It's not that the like Jews, they see them as a means to an end. One of the prophecies says the Temple of Soloman has to be rebuilt before the end happens, and the Jews have to do it in the original location in Jerusalem. Their problem is that the location is currently occupied by a mosque, the destruction of which is said to be likely to cause WWIII.

Probably fucked up the explanation, but that's the gist of it.

I'm not an athiest at all, but it depresses me that so many Americans believe in such outrageous nonsense.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 04:39:40 pm »
Well Mark Waller earned 72% of the vote. People probably just saw the R next to his name and voted for him
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 04:48:52 pm »
His name is literally Kliegenschmitt....must resist obvious and somewhat hypocritical joke considering what Alabama is famous for....must resist...Godwin's law too strong...
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 05:05:53 pm »
His name is literally Kliegenschmitt....must resist obvious and somewhat hypocritical joke considering what Alabama is famous for....must resist...Godwin's law too strong...

Do it anyways. You've got two posts until you hit a magic number anyways.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 09:11:50 pm »
There has never once been a good guy named Kliegenschmitt.

I've only seen that name used twice - once as the name of a Nazi Nobleman, the other time a guy who tried to revive Hitler as a zombie cyborg.

As I said, America is going to hell - these disgusting hicks and backwoods, log cabin demon hunting religious freaks have no place in civilized society. He should crawl back up his mountain and resume the porking of his sister.

Jodi Hice and Joni Ernst too, I swear, who in their right mind would elect such cretins? They're all pretty obviously inbred - you can tell by the insanity.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 09:29:17 pm »
The description of the latter Kliegenschmitt sounds like a interesting B-movie idea. Tell me more about this (hopefully nobody actually tried that) movie.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.