Author Topic: Is there anybody that the WBC likes?.....  (Read 5805 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Is there anybody that the WBC likes?.....
« on: September 06, 2015, 03:14:25 pm »
They're even going after Kim "Gay-Hater" Davis. You'd think they would commend her but noooooooooo....they don't like her multiple marriage and claim that she causes gay marriage via some deranged "Insane Troll Logic".
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/godhatesadultery-westboro-baptist-church-turns-on-kim-davis-for-causing-fg-marriage/
Is there anyone on Earth that these people would praise and sympathize with? They don't even like a bigot who hates gays as much as they do. Is there ANYBODY THEY LIKE?

Even Then

Re: Is there anybody that the WBC likes?.....
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 03:18:07 pm »

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 03:19:22 pm »
Themselves.

I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 03:44:19 pm »
I love it when horrible people chew on each other.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 03:45:14 pm »
WBC likes WBC.  That's pretty much it, I gather.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 04:47:29 pm »
Credit where it's due, at least they're consistent in their horrific theology, re: hating both gays and divorce. I'm always amused when someone says that gay marriage "destroys the sanctity of marriage" when they're on their third or fourth spouse themselves.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 10:39:32 pm »
They're even going after Kim "Gay-Hater" Davis. You'd think they would commend her but noooooooooo....they don't like her multiple marriage and claim that she causes gay marriage via some deranged "Insane Troll Logic".
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/godhatesadultery-westboro-baptist-church-turns-on-kim-davis-for-causing-fg-marriage/
Is there anyone on Earth that these people would praise and sympathize with? They don't even like a bigot who hates gays as much as they do. Is there ANYBODY THEY LIKE?

[speculation]
It's a mistake to model the WBC's declarations as if they represented an ideology. Normally, an ideology attempting to describe and analyse the world will categorise some things as good and to be desired, sought after, etc. and others as bad an to be avoided, punished, etc. But the WBC is only affecting the trappings of an ideology for their declarations, the worldview is not actually why they exist. Rather, their whole thing is pissing people off so they make a mistake and then they can sue them, and that's why they declare God to Hate Things.

For that purpose, there is zero incentive to say something is good. Even if they personally agree with someone, why should they say so? To form a political alliance? To accurately reflect the world? They are not trying to do that.

Asking whether the WBC likes anything is like asking if a 14-year-old on 4chan really thinks the nazis were right about everything. Their communication does not exist to transmit accurate information, it exists to provoke emotion.
[/speculation]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 10:41:10 pm by Sigmaleph »
Σא

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 12:09:01 am »
By jove, I think Sigma's got it!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 06:32:37 am »
sigma shows off why he's the admin part n°: lots-and-a-half.

you rock, sigma.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 09:59:28 am »

[speculation]
It's a mistake to model the WBC's declarations as if they represented an ideology. Normally, an ideology attempting to describe and analyse the world will categorise some things as good and to be desired, sought after, etc. and others as bad an to be avoided, punished, etc. But the WBC is only affecting the trappings of an ideology for their declarations, the worldview is not actually why they exist. Rather, their whole thing is pissing people off so they make a mistake and then they can sue them, and that's why they declare God to Hate Things.

For that purpose, there is zero incentive to say something is good. Even if they personally agree with someone, why should they say so? To form a political alliance? To accurately reflect the world? They are not trying to do that.

Asking whether the WBC likes anything is like asking if a 14-year-old on 4chan really thinks the nazis were right about everything. Their communication does not exist to transmit accurate information, it exists to provoke emotion.
[/speculation]

Ah, so they're just trolls with a money-making scheme. Makes sense.

I do have a question, though; Why do they have Church services if they're just pretending?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 10:12:15 am »
Tax avoidance.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 06:46:17 pm »
According to former members of WBC, what they believe, state, and the way they protest is 100% sincere.  They sue people not so much for the purpose of trolling, but they need money to pay the bills, and obviously no one is going to hire them. Being basically a family of lawyers, lawsuits are right up their alley.  Every court ruling that sides in their favor is confirmation to them that God loves them and hates their opponents.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 10:15:41 pm »

[speculation]

[/speculation]

Ah, so they're just trolls with a money-making scheme. Makes sense.

I do have a question, though; Why do they have Church services if they're just pretending?

I don't think they are just pretending; obviously someone who is OK with gay people would not do as they do. But their public declarations are tailored to expose the part of their views that is most likely to get them attention (and anger).

Or maybe I'm completely wrong. There's a reason I marked it with speculation tags.
Σא

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 03:47:12 am »
Winning lawsuits when enraged funeral goers lose their shit and assault them!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 05:24:51 pm »
They don't even win lawsuits.  They take settlements more often then not.