Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1462312 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #960 on: August 31, 2012, 09:08:22 am »
OFFICIAL (and about damn time) TorchLight II Release Date!!!

I don't think there's much else I could say that would interest you right now, so -

The official Release Date for Torchlight II is Thursday, September 20th, 2012.

3 weeks away!

We'll announce it 'more' officially and bigger tomorrow.

You know first!

Thank all of you for being an awesome and patient community
http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=32505

Well it is still technically a summer release. (First day of fall is the 22nd of September) Nothing like cutting it as close as possible haha.  Oh well I can't wait!
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #961 on: August 31, 2012, 09:31:49 am »
'Bout sodding time we got a release date (Well, I really shouldn't be complaining, I got a pre-order for free)

Distind

« Reply #962 on: August 31, 2012, 09:52:51 am »
Two fucking days after borderlands 2...

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #963 on: August 31, 2012, 11:04:09 am »
Actually, Zacky, my laptop can run it better than it does DDO.  Granted, it pretty much runs at bare bones graphics settings, which it automatically detects and sets for you (that's how you do convenience RIGHT), but it works right out of the box, as promised, and it works well.

For the record, here's the basic get-up I'm workin with:

* AMD E-350 Processor (2x core) 1.6 GHz
* 4 GB of RAM
* Windows 7 (64-bit OEM)
* AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics

I got it for...around 400 bones.  I've had Minecraft maps that run slower than Guild Wars 2.

Holy fuck, seriously? I thought there was no way my laptop could handle it, as jumpy as it can be with rendering distances in Minecraft above Normal. I've got less RAM but 2.3 GHz, so maybe there's hope.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #964 on: August 31, 2012, 12:50:42 pm »
Why are you making me choose between Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2, Gaming Gods?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #965 on: August 31, 2012, 01:53:29 pm »
Actually, Zacky, my laptop can run it better than it does DDO.  Granted, it pretty much runs at bare bones graphics settings, which it automatically detects and sets for you (that's how you do convenience RIGHT), but it works right out of the box, as promised, and it works well.

For the record, here's the basic get-up I'm workin with:

* AMD E-350 Processor (2x core) 1.6 GHz
* 4 GB of RAM
* Windows 7 (64-bit OEM)
* AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics

I got it for...around 400 bones.  I've had Minecraft maps that run slower than Guild Wars 2.

Holy fuck, seriously? I thought there was no way my laptop could handle it, as jumpy as it can be with rendering distances in Minecraft above Normal. I've got less RAM but 2.3 GHz, so maybe there's hope.

Dude, if you got Guild Wars 2, I think I'd have to ask for that for my birthday.  As it is, I's just usin Ka's account because convenience, lol.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline tygerarmy

• Zombie Dog Breeder
  • Pope
  • I'm not naked I'm Tattooed
    • Facebook
« Reply #966 on: August 31, 2012, 04:58:11 pm »
I love Fallout and the Elder Scrolls.  I don't mind or complain about the changes.
I feel Fallout has done nothing but improve. 
I think Elder Scrolls should steal from Fallout by adding more possible outcomes/paths for the game.  And I'd like spears separating bracers and tops and bottoms and to add back some of the magic they took away, again as it was in Morrowind but those are very minor things.
I'd also like more racial, gender importance, even if it's just once quest/faction you could only do/join if you meet the requirement.  That and cleaning up NPC scripts a little on races, when you play as none Nords in Skyrim there are people who you can ask about your own race.

And add brothels or prostitutes to inns/taverns that give the married well rested bonus for a price. 

Both series are awesome though.  And I have high hopes for future games and I do not feel I'll be let down.
I feel most problems are to avoid glitches or because the technology isn't there yet to get it to the standard they want.
Twitter Soldier in sour armor tumblr

Offline Gst0395

• Apprentice
« Reply #967 on: August 31, 2012, 05:10:27 pm »
I love Fallout and the Elder Scrolls.  I don't mind or complain about the changes.
I feel Fallout has done nothing but improve. 
I think Elder Scrolls should steal from Fallout by adding more possible outcomes/paths for the game.  And I'd like spears separating bracers and tops and bottoms and to add back some of the magic they took away, again as it was in Morrowind but those are very minor things.
I'd also like more racial, gender importance, even if it's just once quest/faction you could only do/join if you meet the requirement.  That and cleaning up NPC scripts a little on races, when you play as none Nords in Skyrim there are people who you can ask about your own race.

And add brothels or prostitutes to inns/taverns that give the married well rested bonus for a price. 

Both series are awesome though.  And I have high hopes for future games and I do not feel I'll be let down.
I feel most problems are to avoid glitches or because the technology isn't there yet to get it to the standard they want.
I love Fallout and Elder Scrolls as well. I really love Oblivion and Skyrim. Morrowind is great as well though I couldn't get into it as much as I could with those two. My characters are ALWAYS Argonians. I find their reptilian appearance really cool.

I have a large taste in video games actually. I've been playing them for as long as I can remember. Have owned many systems like the SNES, PlayStation, Nintendo 64 and others. I primary use a PlayStation 3 nowadays (my PSN gamertag is Geoff-uk123 for anyone curious, tell me you're from FSTDT and I'll add you) and mainly play games like Fallout 3, Oblivion, Skyrim, Saints Row 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3 and LittleBigPlanet. I am as you probably noticed by now that I'm a fan of open-world sandbox games, especially Grand Theft Auto whose fifth instalment I am currently anticipating. It looks just like San Andreas reborn (arguably one of the best games in the series).
Youtube: Gst0395
Pixar Planet: Geoff-uk1234

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #968 on: August 31, 2012, 05:54:09 pm »

I think more mature-rated RPGs need more prostitutes in general.  If its set in a medieval setting, guess what?  Prostitution was fucking rampant, back then.  It adds an extra level of realism, and nothing attracts players more than NPCs they can stick their dicks into, or who can stick their dicks into them.

Offline tygerarmy

• Zombie Dog Breeder
  • Pope
    • Facebook
« Reply #969 on: August 31, 2012, 06:00:59 pm »
It exists in the Fallout world but even then, it's very tame compared to what it would be.
And while I'm not saying it should reflect how it would be in real life or have a lot of detail included in it, I'm fine with the screen going black for X#  of game hours, but it is something I feel should be included.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #970 on: August 31, 2012, 09:25:06 pm »
It exists in the Fallout world but even then, it's very tame compared to what it would be.
And while I'm not saying it should reflect how it would be in real life or have a lot of detail included in it, I'm fine with the screen going black for X#  of game hours, but it is something I feel should be included.

Hours?  Dude, if you're screwing for hours, you must have the stamina of a god.  /missing-the-point-entirely

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #971 on: September 01, 2012, 03:47:22 am »
I only now remember about this one and find out that it's shutting down.

A shame too, out of the three games, this one seemed like it had it's shit together best.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #972 on: September 01, 2012, 04:13:18 am »

A shame too, out of the three games, this one seemed like it had it's shit together best.

Just...why?  What's wrong with NCSoft?  First, they kill off Tabula Rasa right as it was hitting its stride (and, from what I hear, screwing Lord British out of a dickload of money), now they kill off City of Heroes?  I mean, I've never played it...subscription-based games are something of a gaming turn-off, but that always seemed like one of their biggest money-makers, aside from perhaps Guild Wars.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #973 on: September 01, 2012, 04:19:04 am »

Just...why?  What's wrong with NCSoft?  First, they kill off Tabula Rasa right as it was hitting its stride (and, from what I hear, screwing Lord British out of a dickload of money), now they kill off City of Heroes?  I mean, I've never played it...subscription-based games are something of a gaming turn-off, but that always seemed like one of their biggest money-makers, aside from perhaps Guild Wars.

Guild Wars 1 is next.

Calling it.

Offline tygerarmy

• Zombie Dog Breeder
  • Pope
    • Facebook
« Reply #974 on: September 01, 2012, 05:15:55 am »

Hours?  Dude, if you're screwing for hours, you must have the stamina of a god.  /missing-the-point-entirely

I have the stamina of the Thunder God.

But I was talking about video game hours and saying I'm fine with how Fallout does it.
But my character in Elder Scrolls also has the stamina of a God, or at least of Daedric Prince, Sheogorath.