Author Topic: Going to the Chapel...  (Read 6035 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Going to the Chapel...
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2012, 10:45:43 am »
I feel bad for your father-in-law. That sounds like something I'd do.

I'm glad to hear it went so well, though! I wish I could've crashed it, too, as I'm very close.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 10:51:15 am »
My dad had to say the same thing at my sister's wedding. He had to take a Xanax before the ceremony to get through it.

It sounds like a great wedding. The flower girl story is adorable.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 05:19:25 pm »
Congratulations!
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2012, 08:48:58 pm »
OK, as promised... Pictures...

Sylvia's dad walking her down the aisle

(click to show/hide)

This is just after the ceremony, outside in a gazebo at the hotel.

(click to show/hide)

Since everyone knows who is in charge in a married couple... (You can also get a good look at my sword)

(click to show/hide)

Sylvia before the ceremony

(click to show/hide)

I'm about to toss the garter, but it's a good view of my entire outfit. (I took the sword off before the reception.)

(click to show/hide)

First dance.

(click to show/hide)

The One Ring(s)

(click to show/hide)

Would you worry if you saw this crowd in a hotel lobby?

(click to show/hide)

The Maid of Honor, the Best Man, and the Flower Girl/Ring Bearer

(click to show/hide)

The entire wedding party

(click to show/hide)

The cakes

(click to show/hide)

Sylvia made beaded flowers for all the carried bouquets. Just wanted to brag on her a bit...

(click to show/hide)

We all think the DJ looks like Capt. Picard...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 09:05:16 pm by erictheblue »
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2012, 12:47:32 am »
Those are kickass costumes. And I love the DJ.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2012, 01:32:27 am »
You got to wear a sword in your wedding? Fuck yeah!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2012, 01:33:25 am »
Oh, man... I would have loved to have been there.  That looked like so much fun.  Don't know what my costume would have been though...

Those beaded flowers... wow, they must have taken her forever.

The Cthulu cake and the dice bag... awesome.

Love DJ Picard, yo... he's makin' it so.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2012, 04:38:14 pm »
You got to wear a sword in your wedding? Fuck yeah!

The best man also has a sword, though his is more of a Roman-style one. You can kind of see it in the picture of the guys. He asked me about a week before the wedding if he could wear a scabbard as part of his costume. I told him I'd have a sword, so he could wear his as well if he wanted. He jumped at the chance.

Oh, man... I would have loved to have been there.  That looked like so much fun.  Don't know what my costume would have been though...

We weren't picky about what people wore, so long as it was a costume. (Actually, we didn't say people had to be in costume, just that costumes were strongly encouraged.)

Those beaded flowers... wow, they must have taken her forever.

A few weeks, working a few hours a day. (Not every day.) Her mother made beaded bootineers for everyone as well. (You can see them in some of the photos.) The only people who had real flowers were Sylvia's parents.

A lot of people had the same reaction to Sylvia's beaded bouquet - "You aren't going to throw that, are you?" The thing was rather heavy (we call it "the mace") and could have hurt someone! The thrown bouquet was actual flowers (spider mums).

The Cthulu cake and the dice bag... awesome.

During the cocktail hour, Sylvia, her mother, and I snuck into the reception room to check out the decorations and the cake. Although it's hard to tell in the picture of the wedding party, her mother is wearing a rather large hoop. Sylvia walked in far enough for her mother to enter. Her mother stopped in the doorway, and I was stuck in the hall because there was no way I could slip around the skirt. I kind of had to push my mother-in-law along so I could get in to see it.

Yes, the cakes are awesome. (BTW, Cthulhu has a d6 with 6 pips showing to represent the "d6 investigators per round" that it eats.)

Love DJ Picard, yo... he's makin' it so.

The DJ company sent us an electronic evaluation form to fill out. I kept going and going about how awesome he was. Sylvia and I had so many guests come up to us and tell us how much they loved the music selection and the DJ.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2012, 09:02:41 am »
Congrats ma :D