Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 388817 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2490 on: August 23, 2018, 01:33:27 pm »
Just a few excerpted quotes from a Trump interview today:

"Even my enemies say that Jeff Sessions should have told you that he was going to recuse himself and then you wouldn't have put him in."

"The immigration laws are horrible. We're doing an incredible job."

"You know when you have bad laws you can do good. But you can do a lot better if you had good laws."

"I don't know how you can impeach somebody who's done a great job."

"I tell you what, if I ever got impeached, I think the market would crash, I think everybody would be very poor."

"So I give myself an A-plus."

"The only thing I'm I'm doing badly on is the press doesn't cover me fairly."

"I would say I would honestly give myself an A-plus and so would many other people."
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2491 on: August 23, 2018, 05:11:14 pm »
God damn he believes his own hype.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2492 on: August 23, 2018, 05:54:08 pm »
No he doesn't. He just knows that impeachment is a political process.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2493 on: August 24, 2018, 12:35:17 am »
Trump is doing what so, SO many fictional villains do - if you defeat me, the consequences will be more than you can handle! You NEED me!

The answer is always "no, we don't."
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2494 on: August 24, 2018, 06:00:03 pm »
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/24/politics/trump-pompeo-north-korea/index.html

So Trump is calling off talks with North Korea, citing they aren't making enough progress with negotiations. Anyone surprised by this? Anyone? Remember when Republicans were all like North Korea will denucularize because Trump met with Kim Jung Un one time and called him a good guy, and every other sane person was like nothing will come of this?
I bet Pompeo was taken by surprise. I bet he didn't even know until someone showed him Trump's Tweet, that he most likely probably typed out when he was taking a shit.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2495 on: August 25, 2018, 12:35:51 am »
You know, I actually have 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% sympathy for Trump, because all his troubles are because he decided to run for President--if he'd never done that, he probably could have skated along with his criminal activities for the rest of his life, since the US "justice" system lets rich people get away with most anything.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #2496 on: August 26, 2018, 05:15:16 am »
Isn't this the 20th time he's flip flopped on talking to them vs not talking to them?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2497 on: August 26, 2018, 03:25:58 pm »
You know, I actually have 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% sympathy for Trump, because all his troubles are because he decided to run for President--if he'd never done that, he probably could have skated along with his criminal activities for the rest of his life, since the US "justice" system lets rich people get away with most anything.

But look at how fast he's bringing along the "revolution."
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2498 on: August 28, 2018, 07:56:33 pm »
Oh look at our little Donny using fear tactics to scaring people into voting for the GOP like a big boy. https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/28/politics/trump-evangelicals-midterms/index.html
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2499 on: September 05, 2018, 07:41:05 am »
Trump had a "practice testimony" with his lawyers to see how he'd do against Mueller if ordered to testify.

Afterwards his lawyers went to see Mueller and re-enacted that scene to prove that the president cannot be asked to testify as he is incapable of telling the truth.

Is this what they refer to as "5D Backgammon?"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2500 on: September 05, 2018, 08:58:36 pm »
I thought John Dowd went to him and just said 'Look he's an idiot, if he gives testimony in front of you he will look like an idiot and it will leak'

Also, the New York Times anonymous Op-Ed piece, who could have written it: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/05/politics/donald-trump-mystery-op-ed/index.html
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 11:41:19 pm by davedan »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2501 on: September 05, 2018, 11:41:59 pm »
I think it was more, "We'll lose all credibility on the international stage."

Too late. (Granted this happened--or should have happened--when Obama ordered Gaddafi killed despite Bush promising to leave Gaddafi alone in exchange for his giving up his WMDs.)

The US cannot be trusted to keep its word. It can barely be trusted to stand by its properly-ratified international treaties.

EDIT: As for the mystery op-ed piece, I've heard some speculation that it's Pence, because he's one of the few (maybe the only) administration officials to use the term "lodestar".
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2502 on: September 06, 2018, 12:13:32 am »
I read that piece too.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2503 on: September 06, 2018, 12:38:44 am »
I think it was more, "We'll lose all credibility on the international stage."

Too late. (Granted this happened--or should have happened--when Obama ordered Gaddafi killed despite Bush promising to leave Gaddafi alone in exchange for his giving up his WMDs.)

The US cannot be trusted to keep its word. It can barely be trusted to stand by its properly-ratified international treaties.

EDIT: As for the mystery op-ed piece, I've heard some speculation that it's Pence, because he's one of the few (maybe the only) administration officials to use the term "lodestar".

I don't blame Obama for that. You can very readily order someone dead when they are killing their own people. Your word should never be that ironclad. As much as people love these idiotic words like honor and loyalty (to one's word or some such), I would rather a Democratic President not be totally beholden to them.

Keeping to your word is meaningless in the face of immediate imperatives such as preventing Gaddafi from going on with his massacres.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2504 on: September 06, 2018, 02:04:00 am »
I don't blame Obama for that. You can very readily order someone dead when they are killing their own people. Your word should never be that ironclad. As much as people love these idiotic words like honor and loyalty (to one's word or some such), I would rather a Democratic President not be totally beholden to them.

Keeping to your word is meaningless in the face of immediate imperatives such as preventing Gaddafi from going on with his massacres.
It was nothing to do with the massacres. The US government could not give less of a shit about foreign governments killing and oppressing their own people, so long as it doesn't negatively effect their own interests. The oil exports to Europe were being disrupted by the civil war, that's why NATO got involved. All of the pearl clutching about civilian massacres were just a way to sell it to the public, nothing more than that.