Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1599367 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #1185 on: July 10, 2012, 10:02:03 am »
I think there is a difference between simply going "eww" because you that was a reaction to seeing a certain type of sexual behavior that is not your thing and getting on the barricades protesting against it.

I mean I know that there is much gay-sex going on, but even though I would not participate in it I am not demanding that no-one should be allowed to have gay-sex.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #1186 on: July 10, 2012, 12:43:02 pm »

How about this. I find myself, very often, filled with "ew" at guy on guy. It does not do it for me, never will. In a sad correlarry, and yes, straight male entitlement, I find woman on woman hot as fuck, even though that's a sign of them not wanting any, er, help. Yes, maybe I am homophobic, I don't know. I can't control my gut reaction of "ew."

What I can control is my response. I will not say "ew" to any gay male couple's face (hell, I'll probably leave it in my tiny brain where it belongs), I will fight for their right to have PDA in a decent manner as any straight couple, I will fight and support love in all forms, and I will also never accuse women of being affectionate towards another woman just to pick up guys.

Just my thoughts and all.
You're not homophobic, you're an adult. You're allowed to not like things. Hell, you're allowed to think things are disgusting, vile, and downright nauseating. What you're not allowed to do is try to stamp those things out of existence if the only 'harm' they are doing to you or anyone else is that you know they are there.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1187 on: July 10, 2012, 12:44:15 pm »
I'm nonplussed by both of them.  Yay, Asexuality!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1188 on: July 10, 2012, 01:09:23 pm »
I'm nonplussed by both of them.  Yay, Asexuality!

:D
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1189 on: July 10, 2012, 01:18:42 pm »

Love the pic on the right,
grossed out by the one on the left,
have no problem with any of them having equal rights.

Of course, that's only because I find all men to be disgusting, including myself, but I've already admitted I'm weird.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1190 on: July 10, 2012, 03:32:08 pm »
Perhaps it needs some work.

Instead of saying offended, if it said...

"If you want to stop the image on the left from happening, but not the image on the right... (image) congratulations, you're a homophobe."

Would that be better?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1191 on: July 10, 2012, 10:10:35 pm »
If you want both to stop happening, you're a homophobe.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Saturn500

« Reply #1192 on: July 10, 2012, 10:15:19 pm »
If you want to stop either from happening, you're a homophobe.

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #1193 on: July 11, 2012, 02:50:55 am »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1194 on: July 11, 2012, 04:50:58 pm »
You guys are using a very strong word. 'Disgusting' is a very, very strong word. I really don't like that word when it comes to things like love and the like.

Besides, the caption did say offensive not if it squicks you or if you're not into it.

It's like saying I don't like to eat crab but someone else does. I don't find it my kind of thing, but it isn't offensive and I wouldn't try to ban crab eating.

Words are important.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #1195 on: July 12, 2012, 12:06:46 am »

Offline Undecided

• The boring one.
  • Bishop
  • Amateur Obfuscator
« Reply #1196 on: July 12, 2012, 01:22:30 am »

Not to rain on your parade, but Strawman has a point. There actually is a risk compensation effect in play with regards to automobile safety, with drivers adjusting for improvements in safety technology by taking greater risks while driving—which is why, e.g., automobile fatalities in the US have declined only by 20% since the country's heyday of consumer protection.
You mad, you lose.

People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.
Helen Keller
Le doute n'est pas une condition agréable, mais la certitude est absurde.
Voltaire

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1197 on: July 12, 2012, 01:31:14 am »

Not to rain on your parade, but Strawman has a point. There actually is a risk compensation effect in play with regards to automobile safety, with drivers adjusting for improvements in safety technology by taking greater risks while driving—which is why, e.g., automobile fatalities in the US have declined only by 20% since the country's heyday of consumer protection.
Yeah to use the example of ABS people now are more likely to speed on ice
I guess a better example for cars is probably seatbelts

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1198 on: July 12, 2012, 06:45:11 pm »

I have to admit to finding male homosexuality uncomfortable, but then I don't use emotional first responses as a basis for political ideology.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1199 on: July 12, 2012, 06:46:46 pm »