Author Topic: RIP Inside Xbox  (Read 2121 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
RIP Inside Xbox
« on: May 02, 2012, 03:02:24 pm »
For those that don't know what Inside Xbox was, it was kind of like G4's Attack of the show except only focused on xbox games that were about to come out and other soon to be out Xbox tech.  And it is finally going away in favor of more dashboard ads (sadly not joking either).

Consequently, we’ve decided to discontinue production of Inside Xbox in the United States, and as a result this content will also no longer be available in Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Xbox LIVE in EMEA is currently looking at its operating model for Inside Xbox. This could potentially result in some changes, but we have no news here to share yet. Xbox LIVE in Mexico and Japan will continue to produce first-party content for its members via other media outside of the Inside Xbox brand.

http://majornelson.com/2012/05/02/changes-for-inside-xbox-u-s/

This sucks.  I actually really liked Inside Xbox.  It will be missed.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: RIP Inside Xbox
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 03:35:04 pm »
I didn't even know how to find it again after the latest dash update. I won't really miss it. Everything on Inside Xbox could have been found on the internet ages before the episode came out.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 06:33:51 pm »
I didn't even know how to find it again after the latest dash update. I won't really miss it. Everything on Inside Xbox could have been found on the internet ages before the episode came out.

True, but they also set up a few community play dates too.  I participated in one with the Texas Hold'em poker and that was a lot of fun.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 08:05:28 pm »
Community playdates are found on Xbox.com tho. o_o Either way... I probably saw like one episode.

THo I feel bad for the crew. Apparently they didn't have ANY warning beforehand.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 11:03:24 pm »
Community playdates are found on Xbox.com tho. o_o Either way... I probably saw like one episode.

THo I feel bad for the crew. Apparently they didn't have ANY warning beforehand.

I know that but I meant playdates with the Inside Xbox crew specifically.  And ya it does suck that they had no warning.

Saturn500

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 07:59:52 am »
 :(

First the Metro-ified dashboard, then Windows 8 forces Metro on those of us who don't wanna use OSX or Linux (unless we keep using Windows XP/7), and now this? Is Microsoft gonna announce a partnership with the RCC, next?