Author Topic: James McCormick Convicted  (Read 3893 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: James McCormick Convicted
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 09:10:09 pm »

This is what it looks like, in case the dowsing rod comparison is confusing:

That fraudulent device would look pretty convincing to a lot of LEO's even here, except for the silly performance claims, so

I say give a pass to the buyers' over-trusting error. It's also a cultural thing - fraud on the level of this, which

sabotages innocent civilians' safety, would be unthinkable to most government/military buying agents in the nations

affected. For the sake of simple justice, all these quack devices need to be replaced gratis ASAP with certified bomb and

contraband sniffer dogs, plus free handler training. Yeah, skin McCormick (alive) of every last penny to start the fund drive

for it. He ripped off people who desperately need accurate bomb and contraband detection, and it's just gonna be murder

waiting to happen if they aren't properly equipped immediately. This is a perfect billionaire project, right Zuck? No? Okay,

Bill will probably kick start it.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 09:18:18 pm »
Take every penny he has, sell off his assets, then work him until either he pays off the debt, or he dies.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 10:56:56 pm »

This is what it looks like, in case the dowsing rod comparison is confusing:

That fraudulent device would look pretty convincing to a lot of LEO's even here, except for the silly performance claims, so

I say give a pass to the buyers' over-trusting error.
It's supposed to be powered by static electricity and it recognises substances by absorbing their "vapours". I should think entrusting human lives to (and paying tens of thousands of dollars for) something as obviously fake as this crosses the line between "over-trusting buyer" and "complete idiot".

Or, come to think of it, "corrupt politician". The wiki article quotes Iraqi government officials giving it very enthusiastic and not-too-plausible reviews ("It has detected thousands of bombs! Despite running on magic dust and unicorn piss!"). The blatant lies could be an attempt to save face after realising they were thoroughly scammed, but they also fit with a simple scheme of "You buy my useless junk with the government's money and you get a juicy x% of the profits".

ETA: Especially when considering that these Iraqi officials were paying three times the standard price for the magic wands.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 11:01:09 pm by Sigmaleph »
Σא

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 12:17:20 am »
 >:( James McCormick = SLIME. >:(