Author Topic: Google facing multiple lawsuits  (Read 49461 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Google facing multiple lawsuits
« Reply #240 on: January 09, 2018, 06:20:29 pm »
I don't know Queen.  Perhaps we will when we tell Lana to fuck off and go about our day?

Ironbite-STAY TUNED!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #241 on: January 09, 2018, 07:00:20 pm »
Nah because you can't discriminate against white men.

Ironbite-anything we get, we deserve.

Do you really believe that, or are you just trying to get a rise?

Oh my god! Lana found quotes that nobody cares about from people that nobody gives a shit about, and then blows it all out of proportion to create a chimeric fallacy: with the tale of a red herring, the body of a galloping gish, and the head of a false-equivalency. How will our side ever recover from this masterful zugzwang?

No need to be rude.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #242 on: January 09, 2018, 08:04:08 pm »
This is still going? Why is this still going?

I don't really care what a bunch of nerds wrote down. IMO best way to "punch" a Nazi is elbow blows.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #243 on: January 09, 2018, 11:38:30 pm »

Because somewhere there's a cracker that got triggered by a tumblirina.

And Lana will save them whether they want it or not!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 02:01:03 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #244 on: January 10, 2018, 01:15:27 am »
The thing is though, white cis guys have dominated business and politics in western countries for centuries. The few women who make it to the top are remembered because they were a rarity.

So yes, positive discrimination does mean that things get harder for white males. If you've taken 80% of the candy and and your three siblings got 20% and mom and dad decide to decide to re-divide the candy fairly then it does mean that one of the kids will have to give up a lot of their candy.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #245 on: January 12, 2018, 02:37:51 am »

Because somewhere there's a cracker that got triggered by a tumblirina.

And Lana will save them whether they want it or not!

That may be the best, most succinct explanation for this reverse racism garbage that I have seen

Bravissimo!
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #246 on: February 17, 2018, 05:59:12 am »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #247 on: February 17, 2018, 08:36:05 am »
So anything from Lana on this particular Hill she's chosen to die on?

Ironbite-so satisfying

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #248 on: February 17, 2018, 10:22:58 am »
u
Aaand JUSTICE: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-16/google-firing-of-damore-was-legal-u-s-labor-panel-lawyer-said

Not the way he wanted it to go but definitely fair.

This article is a nothingburger. An employee who believes they were unfairly terminated can ask the NLRB for relief without having to sue (not sure on the legal specifics). Damore did that, but he already dropped the complaint and decided to sue instead. This memo is something a lawyer wrote while the complaint was still pending, and is now public. A more accurate headline would be something along the lines of "NLRB Lawyer Would've Recommended Ruling against Damore".

By the way, you might be interested to know that Pichai and Wojcicki recently said things similar to what Damore said.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #249 on: February 17, 2018, 10:46:44 am »
Guess who didn't read their own link again?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #250 on: February 17, 2018, 11:29:35 am »
Yeah, Pichai and Wojcicki don't say anything like what Damore's rant did.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #251 on: February 17, 2018, 12:22:36 pm »
Yeah, Pichai and Wojcicki don't say anything like what Damore's rant did.

Oh really?

Quote from: Susan Wojcicki
I think the problem is, is that computer science as a whole and tech as a whole has a reputation of being a very geeky male industry. And so if you look, not within the industry, but just as an educational pipeline, you see that we only have 20 percent of women graduating with computer science degrees, and that’s a problem in and of itself, because that means we don’t have enough people graduating who have those degrees. And you say, well, why is that? I think it has to do with these perceptions that the computer industry is, a geeky, not very interesting, not social industries, and it just couldn’t be further from the truth.

Quote from: Sundar Pichai
But I'm saying the representation matters. Right, so the way you solve this is by increasing the percentage of women in the tech industry. So, we need to make the environment more welcoming, we need to make the jobs more interesting.

Sounds to me like "women are underrepresented in tech because they generally don't find it interesting. We need to find ways to appeal to them." Which is exactly what Damore recommended:

Quote from: James Damore
Below I'll go over some of the differences in distribution of traits between men and women that I outlined in the previous section and suggest ways to address them to increase women's representation in tech without resorting to discrimination.

And then he goes on to list methods to appeal to women. But if the media says he's a male chauvinist gatekeeper, then it must be true.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #252 on: February 17, 2018, 01:05:45 pm »
Amazing

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2018, 06:28:44 pm »
Why does this sound eerily familiar? Like a demon from the past.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2018, 10:47:40 pm »
No need to be rude.

You're a poopyhead.

The opposite of respect is not rudeness, it is dishonesty.  You are someone with a long history of rank dishonesty ranging from lying that your brother was trans to now making a sock puppet to dodge bans.  If you do not respect us enough to be honest, we have no reason to respect you enough not to be rude.

And don't come back with "But you can't prove I'm dynamic paragon".  We know it's you.  You know we know it's you.  We know that you know that we know it's you.  When you do that you are merely further demonstrating your lack of respect for the rest of us.