Author Topic: Alt-Right  (Read 19275 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Alt-Right
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2017, 11:01:02 am »
Lawsuit.

Eh, Garrison's got a point. Pepe's taken on a life of its own independent of Furie, so any "Pepe is dead" gestures on its creator's part aren't really relevant to the broader use of the character, however much Furie might dislike that use.

To which I reiterate: lawsuit.  They are using his intellectual property without his permission, he is legally capable of seeking damages from any infringing party he chooses.  You'd be surprised how fast touching someone's money gets their attention.

But they've been doing that for years now, and (at least under US law, so far as I understand it), if you don't actively defend your copyright, you're considered to have forfeited it.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

pyro

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2017, 03:26:21 pm »
But they've been doing that for years now, and (at least under US law, so far as I understand it), if you don't actively defend your copyright, you're considered to have forfeited it.

That's trademark. Totally different.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2017, 03:30:32 pm »

That's trademark. Totally different.

Ah. OK.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2017, 09:43:53 pm »
Note that Garrison was quick to call his lawyers when 4chan were messing with *his* art.  Now he's been seduced by the alt-right, he has no problem with messing with other people's.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2017, 02:28:47 am »
Lawsuit.

Eh, Garrison's got a point. Pepe's taken on a life of its own independent of Furie, so any "Pepe is dead" gestures on its creator's part aren't really relevant to the broader use of the character, however much Furie might dislike that use.

To which I reiterate: lawsuit.  They are using his intellectual property without his permission, he is legally capable of seeking damages from any infringing party he chooses.  You'd be surprised how fast touching someone's money gets their attention.

He'd have to prove that what's been happening has cost him any money, and that can be challenging sometimes.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2017, 06:18:58 am »
True, but I'd be willing to bet that even a threat of legal action would keep the more organized parties involved away from his work.  I know that were cunts like this using my work for the promotion of outright Nazism, I'd turn the lot of them into paupers.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:20:45 am by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2017, 12:00:47 am »
Good luck. Trying to tell 4chan what they can't do is like trying to herd cats. Cats that have malicious senses of humor and a serious case of misanthropy.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2017, 01:02:18 am »
Good luck. Trying to tell 4chan what they can't do is like trying to herd cats. Cats that have malicious senses of humor and a serious case of misanthropy.

So, cats.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2017, 11:23:11 pm »
Note that Garrison was quick to call his lawyers when 4chan were messing with *his* art.  Now he's been seduced by the alt-right, he has no problem with messing with other people's.

Yeah this is amazingly hypocritical of Garrison.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2017, 09:07:26 am »
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/05/14/protestors-nazi-charlottesville-jackson-lee-white-supremacist-rally/22085869/

Because nothing says PATRIOTISM like promoting ideology of a country that fought your country and going to a memorial to a rebellion that fought your country to declare loyalty to a political rival of your country.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2017, 09:10:52 am »
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline SomeApe

• Bishop
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2017, 01:06:19 pm »
It's not possible for white people to be racist
...because then it's called patriotism...
just your regular ape

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2017, 03:25:52 pm »
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

pyro

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2017, 06:45:25 pm »
I doubt you ever made a serious attempt to begin with. I know I haven't.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2017, 11:07:49 am »
Alt-Reich subreddit "Physical removal" announces their first Jewish moderator. In fact, the mod team is very proud to make that announcement because it is proof that they are not Nazis. Nazis hate jews so a group that has a Jewish member cannot be Nazis.

Two things happen immediately:

a) The Nazis in the group get furious at the mention of der Juden and claim that their subreddit has been infiltrated. https://np.reddit.com/r/Physical_Removal/comments/6brt8h/shalom_rphysical_removal_makes_inroads_with/ (Guys, if you are pretending not to be Nazis it only works if you can get everyone to stick with the charade. When most of your group members proudly declare themselves as Nazis no one is going to believe you.)

b) Another subreddit "Against hate subreddits" has a thread about this where they laugh at them and in return the Nazis start crying about Fake-News. https://www.reddit.com/r/Physical_Removal/comments/6cs9wb/ahs_invents_fake_news_against_one_of_our_new_mods/
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!