Author Topic: Bar Exam Results  (Read 6538 times)

Offline Normandy

• Pope
Re: Bar Exam Results
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 04:33:57 pm »
Congratulations!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 05:01:51 pm »
Yay!! Eric's a lawyer now!! :D
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline tygerarmy

• Zombie Dog Breeder
  • Pope
  • I'm not naked I'm Tattooed
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 08:42:20 pm »
Congrats!
Twitter Soldier in sour armor tumblr

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 09:33:43 pm »
Good Job.

Now I know where to get free legal advice!  ;D
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 11:32:21 am »
Way to go, Eric! Congrats! You should celebrate a little bit. Maybe file a frivolous lawsuit or something, lol.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 11:38:59 am »
Well done, brother!
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 04:59:24 pm »
That's awesome, Eric! Congratulations!
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 02:36:13 am »
Way to go, Eric! Congrats! You should celebrate a little bit. Maybe file a frivolous lawsuit or something, lol.

As long as it's not patent trolling, it's all good. :)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2012, 12:23:54 pm »
Congrats!

So at what point during the process of becoming a lawyer do they extract your soul? ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:33:54 am by Random Guy »

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2012, 06:43:52 pm »
Congratualations.  Nice to get that over with, right?

Very much so. I've been terrified that I would have to retake the exam in February. There were some topics that weren't covered on the July exam that are a nightmare. I know they would have been on the next one, and I would have just cried.

NOW GET A JOB YA LAZY BUM!

I actually have one. I've been working for a temp agency since mid-August. The pay isn't great, but it is pay.

As for legal jobs, I had applied for a federal government about a week before I got my results. Monday, I resent my resume and cover letter to 3 prosecutor's offices. I have 4 more to send, but need to get an answer from Career Services at my school before I can send them. (The cover letters for those 4 are generic, saying only "I want to stay in Northern Virginia because I have close family here." I need to know if that is OK, or if I have to have a specific reason why I want to work at each office.)

Congratulations! You should treat yourself to something special for passing the exam.

My soon-to-be-in-laws took me out to dinner Saturday night. I wanted to go to a Brazillian steakhouse (an all-you-can-eat place where servers come around with various cuts of meat), byt since my father-in-law had a gastric bypass about 2 years ago an my mother-in-law had one at the end of August, neither of them would really be able to eat enough to make it worth it.

Once I get a real, legal job, I am taking my fiancee (though probably by then, my wife) out to that steakhouse.

Now I know where to get free legal advice!  ;D

Well, lawyers are expected to do a certain amount of pro bono work each year...

So at what point during the process of becoming a laywer do they extract your soul? ;)

After your first year of law school. If you can get through that, they assume you will be able to graduate. Since it is expected that students will do legal work while in school, we have to fit in with the actual lawyers.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2012, 01:44:51 pm »

So at what point during the process of becoming a laywer do they extract your soul? ;)

After your first year of law school. If you can get through that, they assume you will be able to graduate. Since it is expected that students will do legal work while in school, we have to fit in with the actual lawyers.

That's interesting. I always thought (based on John Grisham novels) it was once you've got your first high paying corporate gig. And it's not extracted so much as bought with trophy mistresses, flashy cars, dump trucks full of dirty unmarked nonsequencial $20,  and grand old houses in Memphis.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2012, 02:53:20 pm »

Do they give you a claim check for your soul in case you drop out or change jobs later?
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."