Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156252 times)

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #180 on: July 19, 2017, 08:32:10 pm »
The Enterprise would defeat the Death Star through sheer technobabble alone, if nothing else.  They'd neutralize it by reversing the polarity of the tachyon emitters and connecting them to the turboencabulator, or something.   ;D

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #181 on: July 19, 2017, 09:50:19 pm »
Of course, there's a 50-50 chance that they'd end up accidentally nuking half the galaxy in the process; space magic is a fickle mistress.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

pyro

« Reply #182 on: July 19, 2017, 11:45:36 pm »
Of course, there's a 50-50 chance that they'd end up accidentally nuking half the galaxy in the process; space magic is a fickle mistress.

The bridge crew would still survive. They always do.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2017, 08:44:02 am »
So now we have this new genius Randommutation who is claiming that anti-discrimination statutes don't prohibit florists and bakers from denying service to same sex couples' weddings. His reasoning is that the law prohibits discrimination based on who you are (gay) not what you're doing (having a same-sex wedding). He says that the Christian baker wouldn't make a cake for two straight men who wanted to get married but would happily make one for a gay guy and a lesbian who wanted to get married. See? We're not breaking the law! It's only the PERSON we have to serve, not the event!

Note that no court has ever agreed with this interpretation, probably because it's ludicrous.  >:(

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2017, 09:48:29 am »
I have been wondering if "Lady Checkmate" and Amos Moses are actually one in the same poster. All I see from "her" is upvotes for Amos or other Fundies.    8)
BTW I changed my name to MamaBearly on Christian News Network. I just wanted to screw with Amos to be honest. He's such a  pain and he was commenting on my posts whether it was directed at someone else or not. He drives me crazy!! Funny isn't it, how most Fundies really don't follow the bible or know the Gospel at all. And they don't understand about Salvation at all. They all think they are guaranteed Salvation and that they don't need to do Anything other than believe. So I pointed out that no one is guaranteed salvation according to 2 different scriptures and now I'm waiting for a reply.  ;)
Should I really feel good about messing with the Fundies by using the bible to fight against their beliefs, when they insist that they only go by the bible themselves. lol!  ;D
Bob Johnson, I really want to thank you for introducing me to this site. I've been doing a lot of reading and have been enjoying the posts immensely.
The Word of God is Truth; if it is not in the Word of God, it is not Truth.
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Walk daily with the Lord and learn his ways.

We walk by faith, and not by sight.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #185 on: July 22, 2017, 12:10:56 pm »
Oboehner's getting on my last nerve again.  He's one guy I need to take serious breaks from.

There seems to be no satisfying answer I can respond with every time he talks about my "religion" (and when he says this he's referring to evolution).  Or when I consult a scientific consensus or definitive source and he calls it "appeal to authority".

What makes it maddening is that religion and appeal to authority is what HE has, not me.  But he won't stop trying to level the playing field so that all of it is faith.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #186 on: July 22, 2017, 12:17:59 pm »

BTW I changed my name to MamaBearly on Christian News Network. I just wanted to screw with Amos to be honest. He's such a  pain and he was commenting on my posts whether it was directed at someone else or not. He drives me crazy!! Funny isn't it, how most Fundies really don't follow the bible or know the Gospel at all.

Amos most definitely IS a pain!  Him and Oboehner are cut from the same cloth.  I'd wonder if they were the same person, except for Amos's rather annoying typing style.

And I wouldn't necessarily count myself as one of them, but I find that some atheists know the Bible better than most fundies...

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2017, 12:22:42 pm »
Oboehner's getting on my last nerve again.  He's one guy I need to take serious breaks from.

There seems to be no satisfying answer I can respond with every time he talks about my "religion" (and when he says this he's referring to evolution).  Or when I consult a scientific consensus or definitive source and he calls it "appeal to authority".

What makes it maddening is that religion and appeal to authority is what HE has, not me.  But he won't stop trying to level the playing field so that all of it is faith.

I'm with you on that.  He's really starting to annoy me with this completely bewildering (to me at least!) insistence that because groups like FFRF are fighting for separation of church and state, that means atheism is a belief there is no god, as opposed to a lack of belief.  (and then therefore a religion...)

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2017, 12:47:04 pm »
I'm with you on that.  He's really starting to annoy me with this completely bewildering (to me at least!) insistence that because groups like FFRF are fighting for separation of church and state, that means atheism is a belief there is no god, as opposed to a lack of belief.  (and then therefore a religion...)

It seems not to make any difference if you tell him how much his opinion is in the minority.  He seems almost to wear it as a badge of honor.

He's the worst of the worst among fundies, he's a walking checklist of all the behaviors that are so offensive.  Young Earth creationist (6000 year old earth), denies evolution including all its dating methods, denies the fossil record, denies science, hates Catholics, hates LGBT.  And most amazingly of all is that he manages all this without once saying anything about what he DOES believe.  He's not a Bible thumper, he never even mentions the Bible.

Oh yes, and EVERYTHING he says is done with condescending, sneering, amused to death sarcasm which is unbearable.  UNBEARABLE.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 12:51:39 pm by Jocasta »

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2017, 05:11:12 pm »
Jocasta, I'm not sure how to reply to individuals, so I gave this a shot. I expect I'll ask how to do things once in a while, but for the most part I like to figure things out on my own.
When people are rude to me Or my friends, I very politely ask them to behave better so we at the board can have better discussions. Oddly enough, a lot of the rude ones aren't rude to me, but are to others. I love to stand up for Ambulance Chaser when they try to say he does not know that law!
Oboehner's rarely posted to me. I would not be surprised if he was one I politely put down. lol! Either that or he read my bickering back and forth with Amos.  :o
Did you see what Amos said? He reads up to the first "mistake" and then replies to that. That was after ages of asking why he did not answer the questions I had asked. If he was in front of me, I'd probably have to pray for forgiveness tonight. That's how much he bugs me! I am by no means a violent person; I didn't even spank my kids, but I think meeting Amos face to face might make it hard to resist being at least a little violent... like slapping him across the mouth - once for each of the posts I wasted my time typing thinking he really  just doesn't know the bible.  ::) Boy that's a 59yr old confessing to being naive. I knew nothing about Fundies at all. Boy were my eyes opened!
Oh yeah, and I'm a babbler on boards. I try not to be but sometimes it just grows. Then I try to edit it down but there are times that I just sigh and let it go. I do apologize for times I will babble, because I know I do.  :'(
The Word of God is Truth; if it is not in the Word of God, it is not Truth.
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Walk daily with the Lord and learn his ways.

We walk by faith, and not by sight.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2017, 06:08:49 pm »
And most amazingly of all is that he manages all this without once saying anything about what he DOES believe.  He's not a Bible thumper, he never even mentions the Bible.

Huh, I never realized that, but you're right.  At least Amos will tell you what he believes.  Not that he's any less annoying for it, though.  I remember how I had that long conversation with him about that whole "predestination" thing....still don't think I understand that completely, or even that I really want to, to tell the truth.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2017, 08:28:54 pm »
Jocasta, I'm not sure how to reply to individuals, so I gave this a shot.   :'(

Lots of people don’t know about replying to individuals here. While logged in there is a menu item (on the "Home" row) labeled “My Messages” click it to send messages or read messages people send to you. A number in brackets indicates how many messages you have not read.

I’m spilling the beans for two reasons. First, I’ve sent messages to some folks and do not think they ever saw the message. And second, the only way we learn is by asking and sharing. Thanks again for the info on removing errant thumbs up.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 01:06:11 am by Bob J. »
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2017, 08:46:03 pm »
Should I really feel good about messing with the Fundies by using the bible to fight against their beliefs, when they insist that they only go by the bible themselves.[?] lol!  ;D

Certainly you should. And I’m very happy you do. I avoid quoting scripture mostly because I see it way to often as a poker game - "I’ll see your Mark and raise you." And as you have repeatedly told Amos it is his interpretation of scripture - not everybody agrees.

Speaking of Amos, I mostly enjoy your long posts and thinking not in that the message will get through to him, but instead all the other folks who will read that message as well.  In a way, think of it as a debate, yes, you are responding to a person, however, your message is to everyone who wanders by.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2017, 07:36:17 am »

You gotta submit that conversation you had with him the other day. Pure fundie gold.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2017, 09:08:23 am »
You gotta submit that conversation you had with him the other day. Pure fundie gold.

I thought I did.  Which one, do you recall the subject?  I usually have a few with him going concurrently.