Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156503 times)

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #225 on: July 30, 2017, 01:41:31 pm »
I suspect there is a behind-the-scenes network of these fundies, probably a Slack account where they all meet up to talk and plan and scheme,

The thread "Trump taps New Communications Director..." has 51 posts - all new people. Well one person has also posted recently on a couple of other threads at CNN and AC and I have tangled with him. Also one person posted something about 5 months ago.

Which poster are you referring to?

I wandered into that thread, but didn't see that there was much I could say that was useful. Just a lot of playing "Who's the Most Fundie?" There was no argument I could have added anything to.

True, not much to comment on but great pickin's for FSTDT.

FoJC who was recently banned
msicairos who started posting 17 days ago last posted here 5 months ago
InTheChurch - private account

Coming from lots of different sites both Christian and political right,
Breitbart
Info Wars
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #226 on: July 30, 2017, 01:49:24 pm »
I really want to help, if you can help me work this idea out so it is getting them away before they are banned if it is at all possible.

Well we're dealing with an extremely volatile person in Lady Checkmate, a very angry and reactionary person whom I'm not convinced is a stable human being.

If you post as yourself, she MIGHT respond to you once and then ban you.

If you create a new account and post anything, she will delete/ban instantly, no questions asked (she ALWAYS looks at the date the account was created).

So you can see why she's a little bit of a special case.  She's created an echo chamber there with titanium walls. Nothing and I mean nothing gets past her.  You could try to speak to her on her other channel, News Network, on Disqus, but I can only guess she runs things over there exactly the same way (although it states on her News Network page "Mod is not ban happy", which made me spit coffee all over my computer monitor when I first read it).

There's really very little way to engage with her.  If I want to tell her off, I create an account and I tell her off, even though I know she will delete it.  Talking about her in a neutral space like FSTDT (and THANK YOU, FSTDT, seriously!) seems to work much better because she KNOWS she is a topic of discussion here and I'm sure it makes her extremely uncomfortable.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #227 on: July 31, 2017, 02:32:08 am »
MamaBearly:
“I’ve never seen anything like that in the scriptures. Any chance you can just give me the book it's in. I'll search for it from that if that's ok, Jason.”

Best line I have read all week - na more like best line all month (and today is the 30th).
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #228 on: July 31, 2017, 11:50:33 am »
Holy crap.  Amos is one of the stupidest people on the face of the earth, bar none.  And he's started to show an aggressive side too.  He needs to seriously calm down.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #229 on: July 31, 2017, 02:13:45 pm »
Holy crap.  Amos is one of the stupidest people on the face of the earth, bar none.  And he's started to show an aggressive side too.  He needs to seriously calm down.

I've never met someone so proudly, aggressively stupid. He thinks science isn't trustworthy? Like, as in, all science? I guess we literally can't ever learn anything then, is that it?

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #230 on: July 31, 2017, 02:53:22 pm »
Adding considerable insult to injury is that his lone upvoter is always Lady Checkmate.  Which shows she is at LEAST as stupid as he is...but I think we knew that.

I can't take him today.  He offers nothing new but digs his heels in and holds his breath until he turns blue.  He's such a total IDIOT.

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #231 on: July 31, 2017, 04:31:04 pm »
I'll take him on again. I guess I have to go back to duel with Amos....
I told him I'd be back to finish our discussion. but I want to use my WWJD quiz, which is a MamaBearly post.
Decisions. Decisions..  8)
I think I'll see if MamaBearly can start a discussion with him, and use my quizzes on him so I can see how he will react. I have not seen any notices that I have been answered yet by the others. I have one new up-vote by a cwill but that's it.
I'll wait, God has taught me how to be patient, it took him years and assorted trials, but I can now be calm and patient. It's a good thing I can hold my tongue on a regular basis, now! Except that one or maybe two days with Amos. I feel like I am pouting because it was a reaction brought on by him calling me evil and the devil, and it was like a nasty punch to be called a false Jesus, and an antichrist.
I have way too much that proves God is with me, than he would proving that I was saying anything evil or devilish. I know I didn't and wouldn't so I am ok after thinking about it and talking to God. Well, I'm not ok with him saying it, but I won't need to freak at him again either about that or the fact that he admitted that he never read the whole post, but only up to the First Mistake. <insert loud scream here> so He was never reading the complete post, once he found the first mistake. I had to put in careful speaking so he would answer me about a   it before direct questioning. My face burned for a while when I found that out. I was able to calm down and pray for his ignorance by giving Amos & now others, understanding if they search the scriptures looking for the ones that either prove their point, or my own. If God's will is to open their understanding when they are angry about what I say because of the interpretation of the bible, even if it is not what I am saying exactly, I'd be happy if their view changed somewhat, and God would be happy too. With Amos though, I felt the spirit leading me very strongly and finding the right scriptures was through God, not me, and I really did feel the desire to bring him to Jesus by having him understand his salvation before he loses it altogether. It's not a feeling I have ever felt before, or for anyone else at CNN. It's weird. I think he is easily manipulated and believes what he is told whether it is by 'Lady' or his preacher at his "church" You know he's in the "Invisible Church" right? I even convinced him to send me their doctrine. Anyone that wants a gander at it, let me know. I doubt I deleted it. lol!
Sometimes I wish I could PM him and discuss our views that way. Are moderator's able to look in the PM file?  8)

My main plan is to confirm there is nothing that encourages us to:
a) punish,
b) harm in any way
c) treat with people with a backwards Golden Rule: Treat people the opposite of how you like to be treated  :o

Since I'm going on too long again, I will pray for you all to have God's blessings - the message I'm sending is that I felt they needed help seeing how they were looking at the scriptures wrong. Then encouraging them to read the gospel for themselves to see if my words are Jesus' Truth. That is fulfilling my duty to God to spread the gospel, if the person is already a Christian and I point out scripture to them and they don't find it themselves, they can miss something integral in their being saved. The big problem, I guess, is convincing them that they should actually re-read the Gospel and to read it with a focus on Jesus' words about love and sin, and how many times he mentioned the two of them together. I know it will prove my point because I've never tried to lead them to anything but God's Word.
I don't even encourage a particular religion because it's about being a Christian, not me and my church, but what Jesus sees in us when he looks at us.

"The blood covers us"; can you imagine what some people must of thought by that expression if the body and blood wasn't enough to throw a couple more people off. This expression is an abomination if it were not about our Salvation and Jesus' sacrifice too.  ;D ;DI just love that word now.  Fundies won't look up the meaning unless they are going to try to prove me wrong I expect. and depending where they look it up, Disgusting will be the best word to describe how God felt about the sins that people think are 'bigger' sin, and theirs to take into their own hands.
I'm also going to point out that Jesus never punished in his time ministering to his people, and was clear when he let the adulteress go after everyone left because they could not honestly cast the first stone. All he pointed out was to sin no more. No punishments here on earth now.
 :P
What is another way to view it differently from theirs, but still in biblical scriptures. Or give me the whole quiz if you want, or I can do them from the scripture [I hope] ::)
The more I can use, the better it will be, since they will be adjusted as necessary to the article. or the argument. or....... to infinity and beyond!
Blessings!
The Word of God is Truth; if it is not in the Word of God, it is not Truth.
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Walk daily with the Lord and learn his ways.

We walk by faith, and not by sight.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2017, 05:06:10 pm »
Except that one or maybe two days with Amos. I feel like I am pouting because it was a reaction brought on by him calling me evil and the devil, and it was like a nasty punch to be called a false Jesus, and an antichrist.

Personally, I think that if Amos thinks you're wrong in any way, that's probably a good indication that you're right. 

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2017, 05:55:30 pm »
Personally, I think that if Amos thinks you're wrong in any way, that's probably a good indication that you're right.

I second this.  Forgive the un-Christian sentiment, but Amos is possibly the stupidest person online.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #234 on: July 31, 2017, 07:14:13 pm »
I had to laugh at the conversation with Amos and Zampogna.....or excuse me, Pomona/Zimbabwe/Manila/Topanga, or did I miss any?  Seriously, what was up with that?

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #235 on: July 31, 2017, 08:05:27 pm »
about that or the fact that he admitted that he never read the whole post, but only up to the First Mistake.

You know he's in the "Invisible Church" right? I even convinced him to send me their doctrine. Anyone that wants a gander at it, let me know. I doubt I deleted it. lol!

Sometimes I wish I could PM him…

First, I missed the “First Mistake” exchange, to paraphrase MamaBearly, “Could you point me to the thread?”

Second, I missed the “Invisible Church" stuff. Where did it occurr? And yes, point me to it

And Third I’m dumb, what does PM mean?

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2017, 09:55:46 pm »
I had to laugh at the conversation with Amos and Zampogna.....or excuse me, Pomona/Zimbabwe/Manila/Topanga, or did I miss any?  Seriously, what was up with that?

He loves doing that, when I used the name Jenny Ondioline he was calling me "Oleomargarine".  His behavior is horrible but they never ban him, they only ban ME.  That's the part I don't understand.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #237 on: July 31, 2017, 10:13:26 pm »
Oboehner is still dogging me about judicial review, a concept he stubbornly refuses to accept, even though it's been the foundation of our legal system for over 200 years and literally NO lawyer has any objection to it.

I wish I could convey to you guys how "not a thing" this judicial review denialism is. They don't teach it in law school. They don't even mention it. The concept that a ruling from a court of competent jurisdiction can be ignored simply does not exist in American jurisprudence. It's like the legal equivalent of smugly telling a physicist "why are you bothering with that calculus nonsense? You don't need that."

It's not that this line of thinking is popular but only in some fringe minority of lawyers. It's...nonexistent. There isn't some radical rightist legal group propounding these theories in court. It's...nothing. It's so far from being a valid legal argument that I can't overemphasize how "not law" it is. If you walked into a courtroom and tried this, you'd be laughed out. (I would assume...no one ever does, so I would have no way of knowing).

You've heard of sovereign citizens? This is worse. At least the SovCits argue case law. Badly, incorrectly, and with no discernible relationship to reality, but even they're not so stupid as to believe that the foundation of the entire legal system can just be pooled out of existence when it becomes inconvenient.

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #238 on: July 31, 2017, 10:44:29 pm »
Bob, how do I find them? Look through my replies? do they go back very far? hmmm.
I will gladly find the conversations for you. It must have been before you started following me.
So a few months before we came here?
Tell me if I am right about where to look and I will see what I can do for you, Ok
I also meant to thank you for the compliment and I am very pleased it makes you happy, even if it was only for a moment.
I hope you treat your (assumed) wife, like you do me. She'd be happy in her life I bet.

I love to smile at people for long enough that they smile back even if it is at the last second.
I love to walk up to people and tell them something about them that I find nice. To make them feel good.
I love to ask young people to help me when I am out alone, because they are usually so sweet while they help, and it makes them feel good about doing something nice for an elderly person. It encourages them to keep doing good works too.
I love to make people happy/happier than they are.
I chat and joke with the bus drivers so they are smiling before I leave. Even the grumpy looking ones usually (but not always)
I've been like this as long as I can remember.
Anyone can be like a Christian, but just not have the hope of salvation by repentance. I encourage those people to not give up on God, because he won't give up on you. He will draw you to him, if you live a lot like a Christian. Something will draw you in and help you believe in Jesus and about eternal life. I believe that anyways, because of my own experiences.
I think it certainly sounds better than eternal torments. And if I did not have the experiences I have had to put a strong belief in Jesus, maybe I'd take a chance on whether it was true or not, but not with the ways that the Lord has shown me his presence in my life. They have been too obvious to try to deny it was the Lord too. I have truly been blessed by the Lord, many times.
So Bob, don't forget to let me know how to look for those discussions with Amos for you.
Keep smiling everyone! God bless!!
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #239 on: July 31, 2017, 10:57:50 pm »
You are not dumb. I  always have to look up acronyms all the time; like SMH took me ages to finally give in and look it up. Shake My Head makes perfect sense when I see it now.
Ok PM well, other than Prime Minister? it is Private Message. or you know, the evening/night time.
In this case it was Private Message.
I find them just by googling them a lot, but there are some you have to add the word acronym to find what it means, and if I can't find them one way, I try a different way that I might get hits for. The conversation helps at times to get an idea of what it is about, but not always. 

You guys are all great to me, and I love it! Because it's nice to be nice to the nice. right?  ::)
Anyone recognize that last thing I say there?  ;D 

I honestly would have thought you were discussing Amos when you talked about "lady" and what she did to drive you crazy  - recent post?
I don't know if he is actually stupid, or really well manipulated. Most of or maybe all of Lady's princes of her site, are men, right?
Not that I can say anything except some women really know how to find men that can be manipulated, and do so, just for fun. 
I must say though, men are just as capable of the opposite way, and now, I'm sure it is something being done in any kind of relationship. There are tons of people who want control and find someone who fits the picture. I wish I could see how she is such an abomination to other people. Will I be able to look around her domain, if she has not already blocked me with mama,
like she did the first one. I'd really like to read her posts. Form my own opinion. Just something I prefer to do when being told about someone - although it was more than one I think, who commented on her, and I do like to trust my friends, I've also been told to check everything out for myself to know whether it is the truth too. How do I find her again?
Honestly, he's a guy who at one point in our conversation sounded close to looking for the scriptures, or re-reading the gospel to prove me wrong, but I guess not. rats!
I have to go to another article to post another post, and I'll look for other names to center out for a discussion and ask them questions, right Bob? To avoid being banned?

You know what guys, when you tell me how well I'm doing, sometimes I actually blush because of what you say.
You know, you are just like the men I met that introduced me to the Lord Jesus. They weren't so much complimentary, as they showed their happiness in their demeanor and attitudes towards me. I was a white, older, woman with a dog, and they were probably a half dozen guys, (at first) that loved to play soccer who were from the churches. I figured they thought I was a strange old lady that was taking pictures as she walked by them playing. Then I offered to post them up on my picasso account, then my facebook, and that was the beginning of my walk towards Jesus. I say it that way, because it took a while before they started asking me to visit, and at least 6 months for me to consider it and decide one time couldn't hurt in any way and the guys by this time were friends. So I went for my one visit. And chose it for my own church. I am very thankful to God for leading me to a church like the one he did. I believe he used my Pastor to help me learn about Jesus, and I have never been really happy with going to others because of the connection I feel with him. He is my mentor and Pastor- now Bishop that is such an amazing teacher that I have been able to do so much here, when I am actually considered a New Convert still (probably).
My Pastor told me when they decided to have New Convert classes because there were more new members, that I could probably teach the class, but there were a few things they might teach me that I didn't know. I could apply my knowledge that I had already acquired, for some of it, and learn more with anything I did not realize. He was right, but there was a test at the end and I usually have blank memories for tests and did. And I did, so I did not do very well, even though I could do well in the class. I was glad to have the course, apart from that. I hate tests. lol Apparently I do not go blank when it is about spreading the gospel. Especially because I believe we should help each other with our salvation by helping each other see our own sins. Helping each other is also about support and encouragement to others, discussion about some sins, and with some, bluntness is warranted to seek to help some to change to what Jesus wants us to behave like. Like Him!
How's this: Amos is like someone you want to knock on his head - side or top - and look in his ear, saying loudly "Is anybody In there?" and of course, it has to echo LOL!  [The Lord has given me a vivid imagination, Praise Him!] Oh, and a odd sense of humor (because of my Dad's humour) and many other differences between other people's views and my own views. I can look at situations and can help by looking at it from a different angle and telling them what it is, so they can see if it fits with what they want to do. I was someone to come to for help, although I never really took notice until a friend told me I was doing God Projects because I was frequently helping someone with something. It was the first time I had something to describe me other than "kind". God's projects were to help others, and then they moved on and another would come again. God knew I loved to help people and gave me the wisdom and knowledge to know how to deal with them. I could not have done it without him I realize more now than I did then. I experienced a stabbing in my back, and it was difficult to want to deal with people and I no longer wanted to help people. I told God that, I told him I needed another Job, that I could not do that kind of 'project' anymore, and then he gave me rest, by not having people come to me for help, until I met the guys playing soccer and started taking pictures of them in 2008 I think it was.
The rest I like to say, Is History!!!! (trumpet blowing lol!)

Thanks for helping me so much all the time. Another way that God has blessed me.