Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2024493 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10665 on: March 25, 2018, 03:01:16 am »
That would've given things away prematurely.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10666 on: March 25, 2018, 03:22:32 pm »
Of course it would've.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10667 on: May 08, 2018, 09:00:52 pm »
Had another belt die on me.  The little cross-bar that holds the metal tongue-thing to the rest of the clasp was apparently made of fucking pewter and just came off.  I have officially said "fuck it" to buying belts in stores, and have now gotten one off Amazon.  One more thing for which I ain't goin retail again.  Fuck that noise.  Just glad I have a backup that seems to be all but totally indestructible, in that regard.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10668 on: May 08, 2018, 09:15:19 pm »
If that doesn't work out, you could always use a rope or an extension cord. You can't beat them in terms of reliability.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 12:35:14 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #10669 on: June 12, 2018, 12:09:35 am »
Well. It's started. Hair went from this on Friday (first image) to this today (second image). Oh look, there's even a couple bald spots (third image)
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10670 on: June 30, 2018, 12:26:46 pm »
I saw a video of a guy ripping his own toenail off, and I swear I'm going to have nightmares about it for the next month. Jesus Christ, that was fucked.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10671 on: July 16, 2018, 09:22:52 am »
I swear, I have to be one of the only fuckin' people that gives zero fucks about "console exclusive games," and honestly finds the practice more than a little bit suspect.  Ideally, you shouldn't have to buy a console just because a couple of the titles you like are basically held captive by the console manufacturers.  Let me play Persona on XBone, or [insert most recent mainline Mario title here] on anything other than a glorified gaming tablet.  I should buy a console because I want to support the people making the console.

[Besides, at least Microsoft won't give away your credit card info because someone came down to the office with Little Caesar's and a couple 2-litres of Mountain Dew.]

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10672 on: July 16, 2018, 09:58:05 am »
You're definitely not the only one. As someone who doesn't own any current gen consoles, the concept of console exclusives can go suck a crispy dick. I already spent $2k on a high end laptop, I refuse to spend any more on a redundant and inferiour piece of hardware that serves no real purpose other than an arbitrary gateway.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10673 on: July 16, 2018, 10:14:19 am »
I like consoles when I want to sit on the couch and still have fun without my lap getting lit on fire by my laptop.  'Sides, with how they are now, they're basically the only reason I have a TV, since they can access all my Netflix and Hulu whatsis.  I just wish the good shit weren't hidden behind access to a specific piece of hardware.  Like Persona Q being on the 3DS instead of something people might actually have, like a PlayStation or XBone.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10674 on: July 16, 2018, 10:27:00 am »
Oh, I agree. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to shit on consoles themselves. Just that I too don't much care for my choice of platform arbitrarily barring me from playing certain games (at least until the relevant emulator become halfway usable, which of course tends to take a while).

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #10675 on: July 16, 2018, 03:18:59 pm »
I swear, I have to be one of the only fuckin' people that gives zero fucks about "console exclusive games," and honestly finds the practice more than a little bit suspect.  Ideally, you shouldn't have to buy a console just because a couple of the titles you like are basically held captive by the console manufacturers.  Let me play Persona on XBone, or [insert most recent mainline Mario title here] on anything other than a glorified gaming tablet.  I should buy a console because I want to support the people making the console.

[Besides, at least Microsoft won't give away your credit card info because someone came down to the office with Little Caesar's and a couple 2-litres of Mountain Dew.]

I shall not have you slander the Switch good sir!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10676 on: July 16, 2018, 04:04:55 pm »
Its a gaming tablet.  I dunno why people are shitting themselves over it.  I have one, myself.  Its called the nVidia Shield and it isn't made by assholes.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #10677 on: July 16, 2018, 06:27:02 pm »
SIR I SHALL NOT HAVE YOU SLANDER THE SWITCH SIR!

Ironbite-MUST WE DUEL!?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10678 on: July 16, 2018, 10:21:56 pm »
Sounds like you need to read my book, Calming Your Cornhole.  If anything, I'm more dissing Nintendo.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10679 on: July 16, 2018, 10:44:55 pm »
I managed to burn the knuckles on both thumbs. Fuck that hurts.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.