Author Topic: Perhaps the apocalypse IS upon us  (Read 1970 times)

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
Perhaps the apocalypse IS upon us
« on: December 13, 2012, 02:08:26 pm »
Didn't know where else to put this, but the elements of this brief announcement just don't seem to go together.  So maybe the end is nigh...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:10:18 pm by Star Cluster »
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Perhaps the apocalypse IS upon us
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 04:02:44 pm »
I'm pretty sure Glenn Beck supporting gay marriage is a sign of the Apocalypse, so there's that too...

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 04:14:24 pm »
That and Pat Robertson opposing creationism.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 03:46:19 am »
Well the international Mayan conference is being held in Helsinki and that's not too far from where I live, maybe I should go check it out and see if they finally reveal how they are planning to end the world.

http://helsinginyliopisto.etapahtuma.fi/Default.aspx?tabid=310&id=2032

I didn't realize that they had already started it (9th-15th December) and it seems it's almost over already. Nice to see that they left some time after the conference for huddling together with our loved ones before they pull the plug on the universe.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline wrongfrog

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 02:54:10 pm »
I'm pretty sure Glenn Beck supporting gay marriage is a sign of the Apocalypse, so there's that too...
I'm pretty sure he's only saying that to get more libertarian cred, though.