Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387773 times)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #570 on: February 02, 2017, 11:33:50 am »
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/01/trumps-education-secretary-pick-plagiarized-her-senate-questionnaire-responses-report/

Somebody please tell me that Rawstory is one of the Onion-type fake news sites because this is too cliche to be real. The new head of the department of education copied her answers off of net.

And I'm sure there will be Democrats that will actually vote to confirm her.

I have a feeling 2017 is gonna suck harder than last year...

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #571 on: February 02, 2017, 02:32:08 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/317571-white-house-denies-relaxing-sanctions-on-russia

The White house eased the sanctions to US corporations dealing with Russia. Or as the White house put it they "did NOT ease the sanctions to US corporations dealing with Russia." Because of course they have alternative facts.

From now on (unless they change things again) technology companies can export stuff to Russia as long as the FSB promises that those items will not be used in the Crimean war.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #572 on: February 02, 2017, 06:52:46 pm »
A year ago President Bannon said straight out that war with China and War in the Middle East is inevitable in the future.

“We’re going to war in the South China Sea in five to 10 years,” he said in March 2016. “There’s no doubt about that. They’re taking their sandbars and making basically stationary aircraft carriers and putting missiles on those. They come here to the United States in front of our face – and you understand how important face is – and say it’s an ancient territorial sea.”

Now he's in power while his orange mannequin distracts everybody by pooping all over the world stage. It's a matter of time, fascism needs war or everybody including those in positions of power realizes it's not working. War will come.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #573 on: February 02, 2017, 07:04:06 pm »
A year ago President Bannon said straight out that war with China and War in the Middle East is inevitable in the future.

“We’re going to war in the South China Sea in five to 10 years,” he said in March 2016. “There’s no doubt about that. They’re taking their sandbars and making basically stationary aircraft carriers and putting missiles on those. They come here to the United States in front of our face – and you understand how important face is – and say it’s an ancient territorial sea.”

Now he's in power while his orange mannequin distracts everybody by pooping all over the world stage. It's a matter of time, fascism needs war or everybody including those in positions of power realizes it's not working. War will come.

You do realize the US has been at war for the last 140 years, right? The 1868 Treaty of Fort Laramie ended Red Cloud's War, and the US unilaterally abrogated that treaty no later than 1877.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #574 on: February 02, 2017, 10:53:01 pm »
A conservative's take on the first weeks of the Trump administration:

The state visit with Teresa May seemed to go well enough. I'm glad to see Sir Winston's bust back on display after Obama summarily removed it from sight (incidentally, he also has a place of honor on the main floor of the Pentagon). I'm hopeful for a US/UK trade deal.

The EO on refugees wasn't unconstitutional or illegal (despite some of the headlines) but the internal comms weren't there and that caused the implementation to be bungled. Unnecessary error, but fixable, and on the whole not really that big a deal.

He made a killer SCOUTS nomination. That means a lot.

Iran is the one starting shit with the Iran situation, not Trump. Remember, he made his bones as a counter-puncher.

On the other side of the ledger, what's with the dust-up with Australia? Not cool.

Also, what's with flirting with the Obama position on Israel? Also not cool.

I missed the speeches, so I won't opine on those.

So on the whole, the week was a mixed bag, but much more to the positive. I'm hoping that Trump and the Australian PM can kiss and make up, but I'll take this over whatever would have come out of President Hillary's office this week, that's for sure.

(And by that standard, he has a lot of latitude and a really low bar).
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #575 on: February 02, 2017, 10:58:20 pm »
It really shows how fetishistic their wanting for a "strong man" ruler is.

They would've voted Hitler in in a heartbeat.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #576 on: February 02, 2017, 11:00:37 pm »
Thing is, I'm actually disappointed by that person in particular. Earlier in the process he'd indicated that he was opposed to both Clinton and Trump and would probably vote for Johnson... and then voted for Trump. (He's in Maryland, so it's not like that impacted the results of the election, but still.)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #577 on: February 02, 2017, 11:18:21 pm »

Bit of a problem there.  Once the GOP gets what they want out of Trump, he's impeached and WHOOPS there goes President Bannon.

Ironbite-he needs to start that war like...tomorrow if he wants to stay in power and Trump doesn't actually have the military right now.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #578 on: February 03, 2017, 06:27:45 pm »
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=115&session=1&vote=00043

So shortly before the end of Obama's presidency, the Department of the Interior proposed a rule that would have prevented mining companies from dumping byproducts into streams. Now the Senate, at least, has voted to overrule it... with Democrats Joe Donnelly (IN), Heidi Heitkamp (ND), Joe Manchin (WV), and Claire McCaskill (MO) voting for it, and Republican Susan Collins (ME) voting against it. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) did not vote.

Because fuck people who need clean water (read: everybody), right?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #579 on: February 03, 2017, 08:14:10 pm »
Is it bad I'm wondering if it's possible to pipe that garbage towards Capitol Hill?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #580 on: February 03, 2017, 10:04:36 pm »
Manchin and McCaskill really disappoint me - Manchin reads from his votes like an alt-right type who just rides democratic coattails, and I do not even know with McCaskill any more.

^ I would agree with you - if they like waste product so much, pipe that into Congress. Well, the smell would probably not change, considering the fetid garbage currently inhabiting the place.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #581 on: February 04, 2017, 02:07:41 am »
Trump told the Countering Violent Extremism federal program to stop focusing on White Nationalist groups.

“Donald Trump wants to remove us from undue federal scrutiny by removing ‘white supremacists’ from the definition of ‘extremism,’” the founder and editor of the neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer (which takes its name from a Nazi propaganda publication) wrote in a post on the site. “Yes, this is real life. Our memes are all real life. Donald Trump is setting us free.”

Well that's a nod to his most loyal fans isn't it?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #582 on: February 04, 2017, 08:31:03 am »
It's like a nightmare i can't wake up from.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #584 on: February 04, 2017, 11:40:38 am »
So churches don't pay taxes,  and now they get to control politics.  Looks like we're heading towards that Christian oligarchal theocracy.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t