Author Topic: True anti-humanity from a christian pastor.  (Read 22947 times)

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
True anti-humanity from a christian pastor.
« on: January 08, 2012, 01:23:44 pm »
It's not just that he riffs on Christopher Hitchens...he's a preacher, that's to be expected.  What is unexpected is this kind of shit:

The take-home point:  Many Jews rejected Jesus because they were created for damnation.  This is because God takes the mass of sinful humanity and creates some of them for salvation and some of them for damnation.  It's all done for His glory (Romans 11:36); the reprobates glorify Him in the justice they receive from God in their damnation and the elect glorify God in the unmerited grace, divine favor, and forgiveness of sins they receive in their salvation.

And he has verses galore that back this shit up!

They have heard the truth over and over again and have access to the same excellent online information that you do but they still reject it.  All unbelievers who never come to faith in Christ do so because they're reprobates and God is in the process of hardening their hearts so that He can display His judgment against them on the Great Day (Romans 2:5; 9:18).  Thus, be discerning so as to avoid casting your pearls before swine (Matthew 7:6).

6.  The reprobate have an important part to play in God's creation.
 All people have a God-given purpose for their existence.  As it pertains to the reprobate, some of them will cure diseases, create helpful inventions, and do amazingly wonderful things that benefit the world at large and the elect especially.  Thus, they have a God-ordained function in the overall scheme of God's plans for history.  Ultimately, their denial of God will serve to glorify God not only in their damnation as God gives them over to their just deserts, but their rejection of Him also creates a playing field in the here and now that causes believers to respond to their arguments wherein they show the folly of their unbelief, the truth of Christian theism, and the unconverted elect hear and seeds are sown that eventually bring forth salvation in the lives of God's elect.

That entire post is bad.  It gets worse as you go on and the guy spells out his rationalizations and conclusions.

All this maniac did was make Hitchen's case for him:  "God is not good".

Offline Oriet

• Homo sapiens scientia
  • Bishop
  • Disabled Vet MtF Polyamorous Atheist Auspie
Re: True anti-humanity from a christian pastor.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 02:22:50 pm »
Oh yeah, I remember reading the verses where god is compared to a potter, with people being his "wares", with some made with the sole purpose of being destroyed and making the good ones look better. It's actually pretty horrible when you think about it, contradicts the thing of him supposedly loving all of humanity (which was actually added in later), and is used to justify predestination.
The Rules, get to know them.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 02:48:33 pm »
Is he a Calvinist?
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 03:14:05 pm »
So much for free will.  Seriously, I absolutely loathe people like this.  I loathe them so much.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 03:27:14 pm »
Is he a Calvinist?

Probably.  Calvinists believe they are god's elect and that everyone else is going straight to hell.  The most horrifying and disgusting ideas always came from Calvinists.  Like that god created most of humanity for the sole purpose of damning them while saving a few lucky bastards.  That means that according to them, God created some people for the sole purpose of sending the to hellto endure the worst kind of suffering imaginable.

Not to mention that many of those who believe this horrific concept are unfeeling bastards themselves.  Like this one jerkass who criticized a pastor for daring to question why god would send starving children to hell after they already suffered enough.  Jerkass responded that he has no right to criticize god, how he's the clay god's the potter, and that we all deserve the worst anyway so we should shut up and accept what ever horrific fate awaits us.  You'd have to be a pretty cold hearted bastard to believe in and love a god who would do this.  Especially if you think that you're the "elect" and that everyone else is damned and deserves it simply for being born. 

It really isn't that much different than Westboro only Westboro are even more cold hearted and hateful than your average Calvinist.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 03:47:31 pm »
I prefer my system, where nearly everyone goes to heaven in the end.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 03:50:01 pm »
I'm pretty sure Westboro are some form of Calvanist
Is he a Calvinist?

Probably.  Calvinists believe they are god's elect and that everyone else is going straight to hell.  The most horrifying and disgusting ideas always came from Calvinists.  Like that god created most of humanity for the sole purpose of damning them while saving a few lucky bastards.  That means that according to them, God created some people for the sole purpose of sending the to hellto endure the worst kind of suffering imaginable.

Not to mention that many of those who believe this horrific concept are unfeeling bastards themselves.  Like this one jerkass who criticized a pastor for daring to question why god would send starving children to hell after they already suffered enough.  Jerkass responded that he has no right to criticize god, how he's the clay god's the potter, and that we all deserve the worst anyway so we should shut up and accept what ever horrific fate awaits us.  You'd have to be a pretty cold hearted bastard to believe in and love a god who would do this.  Especially if you think that you're the "elect" and that everyone else is damned and deserves it simply for being born. 

It really isn't that much different than Westboro only Westboro are even more cold hearted and hateful than your average Calvinist.

I'm pretty sure Westboro are some kind of Calvinist, though other Calvinists would probably beg to differ.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 04:35:42 pm »
This is because God takes the mass of sinful humanity and creates some of them for salvation and some of them for damnation.... All unbelievers who never come to faith in Christ do so because they're reprobates and God is in the process of hardening their hearts so that He can display His judgment against them on the Great Day...

But I thought god gave us all free will?

Can't you fundies make up one personality for your make believe god and stick to it? Get together and fucking pick one.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 04:38:20 pm »
This is because God takes the mass of sinful humanity and creates some of them for salvation and some of them for damnation.... All unbelievers who never come to faith in Christ do so because they're reprobates and God is in the process of hardening their hearts so that He can display His judgment against them on the Great Day...

Can't you fundies make up one personality for your make believe god and stick to it? Get together and fucking pick one.

IIRC Calvinists don't think free will works like that.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 05:01:37 pm »
It's amazing how many fundies don't realize that looking at god like that makes him look like a complete asshole.  How can someone belive this and still say their god is "all loving"?
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 05:03:45 pm »
And I wonder more and more why people would want to worship this fuck.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 05:14:10 pm »

According to the Calvinits, yes, God did give us free will. He gave us the free will to accept or rebel against His plans for us. But whether we accept or not.....it's still going to happen. Their version of free will is a free will that can not affect the inevitable outcome, only your attitude towards and acceptance of that outcome.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 05:15:55 pm »
It's amazing how many fundies don't realize that looking at god like that makes him look like a complete asshole.  How can someone belive this and still say their god is "all loving"?

You know I almost have to give the Calvinists some credit for not going the bullshit route with how a loving god can send someone to hell.  They outright admit that god is a sociopath who considers us his property.  What's scary is when you consider that they also think this is perfectly fine and acceptable (unless they're just too batshit terrified to question things).  Any questions are met with "god said it so it's right" or some kind of belittlement about how we shouldn't question god.  It has to be the most amoral, mind raping dogma ever.  Yet, because I try to be open minded, I still fear "what if they are right".

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 05:18:55 pm »
Is he a Calvinist?
When I talked with him on Skype he admitted that he had calvinistic leanings. 

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 05:31:18 pm »

According to the Calvinits, yes, God did give us free will. He gave us the free will to accept or rebel against His plans for us. But whether we accept or not.....it's still going to happen. Their version of free will is a free will that can not affect the inevitable outcome, only your attitude towards and acceptance of that outcome.

so.....what's the point?
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.