Author Topic: My Home Town And The Idiots Who Live There!  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Ranger_Joe

• Pope
  • The Stranger With Candy
My Home Town And The Idiots Who Live There!
« on: November 07, 2012, 11:32:14 am »
http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/display.htm?storyID=143070

Ok...this whole thing is ridiculous, but I will pull this little gem out of it for you fine people.

"Robinson said that as a person who grew up during segregation, he's never been as stressed over a social, cultural and political issue as he is now.
"Freedom of speech will be taken away, along with freedom of religion," he said. "I won't be able to speak out to say this is a bad lifestyle.’”

Ok...You're black and grew up during segregation and THIS...THIS is the issue that's stressing you out so much? You, more than anyone, should know the importance of equal rights.

I have no words. This is my home town. I was born and raised in Frederick and still live there currently. I almost want to go to the church and tell the Pastor how his priorities are a bit...skewed...
Rangers Lead The Way..All The Way!

I would give a fuck, but I gave my last one to your mother last night.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
Re: My Home Town And The Idiots Who Live There!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 11:48:47 am »

Ok...You're black and grew up during segregation and THIS...THIS is the issue that's stressing you out so much? You, more than anyone, should know the importance of equal rights.

I am reminded of my grandmother.

She was born in the throes of the great depression. Grew up during WWII. Saw the Cold War, the Cuban Missile Crisis. The Kennedy assassination. Segregation. 9/11.

And yet, somehow, she is convinced that these last few years are the worst she's ever seen.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Distind

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 03:37:12 pm »
I've never quite grasped how people think this or that is going to bring down the wrath of god when so-called holy men molesting children doesn't. If this did I'd be jumping off of something just to have the chance to bitch the guy out.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 05:31:21 pm »
Washington State and Maine also legalized SSM. Did god forget about them?
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 10:16:25 pm »

No, God just has really shitty aim.  Remember Katrina?  The French Quarter was untouched.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 11:04:13 pm »

No, God just has really shitty aim.  Remember Katrina?  The French Quarter was untouched.

I think God is going to punish Washington state by extinguishing the sun.

Oh, wait. It's already like that here.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 12:25:22 am »
Just wait til some volcano in the Cascades erupts like 2-5 years down the line and some idiot blames it on legalizing gay marriage and marijuana.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 02:00:57 am »
Even back when I was theologically active, the whole "God causes storms thing for sinfulness" was really a wallbanger. God only did that OT, generally, and it wasn't weather. IT was clearly supernatural, like things turning to blood or flames falling from the sky. God isn't a weather God, generally. Even if God can be heard in the wind. Just always frustrating thoughts to me. Why would he kill those that he can save? Repentance is the goal, not punishment.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 08:28:38 am »
Joe, from my computer in Baltimore County, all I can do is chuckle quietly. Well, that and remind you you guys did manage to vote out Roscoe Bartlet. So it's not all bad.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.