Author Topic: Phoenix is hiring criminals to patrol schools.  (Read 1866 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Phoenix is hiring criminals to patrol schools.
« on: February 01, 2013, 03:01:30 pm »
No joke:

In crazy Arizona news of the day, armed militias have begun patrolling the perimeter of Phoenix’s public schools at the behest of the city’s infamous sheriff Joe Arpaio.

The 3,000 armed men, who Arpaio deployed in the middle of January as part of his self-titled “posse program,” are all volunteers, who even bought their own firearms, jeeps, uniforms and scary police-like paraphernalia just so they could participate.

But here’s the real kicker: A bunch of Arpaio’s gun-slinging lackeys also have criminal records.

According to an investigation by CBS 5, a number of these armed posse members have criminal convictions. And these aren’t low-level misdemeanors, either. A handful had arrests or convictions for offenses including violent assault, domestic violence, impersonating a police officer (perhaps why they jumped at the chance to be in the program) and, most shockingly, sex crimes against children.

Yup. People who have committed sex crimes against children are now charged with protecting Phoenix schools.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Phoenix is hiring criminals to patrol schools.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 03:20:39 pm »
Good old "Crazy Joe" keeps on delivering.

Just when you think he can't possibly sink lower he suprises you.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 03:33:17 pm »
WHY DOES THIS MAN KEEP GETTING ELECTED!?

Ironbite-can the Feds move in and shut his ass down now?

Distind

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 03:37:13 pm »
You know, I keep running into people who claim all this recent shit is a liberal plot to steal guns. I'm beginning to think it's a conservative plot to make the most outrageous shit possible happen to the point where it looks like someone else is doing it to them intentionally...

That, or I've just been sitting on the side lines trying to explain why this shit is a bad idea and they're doing the opposite out of sheer opposition reflex.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 05:04:29 pm »

Because the people of his area are nutters, that's why.

You know, I keep running into people who claim all this recent shit is a liberal plot to steal guns. I'm beginning to think it's a conservative plot to make the most outrageous shit possible happen to the point where it looks like someone else is doing it to them intentionally...

That, or I've just been sitting on the side lines trying to explain why this shit is a bad idea and they're doing the opposite out of sheer opposition reflex.

I personally think it's an evil plot by comedians for an endless supply of jokes.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 10:12:53 pm »

Ironbite-can the Feds move in and shut his ass down now?
He's tough on crime.  He has the inmates wear pink underwear

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 10:25:12 pm »
Joe Arpaio wanted to grow up to be a cowboy and now he's trying to turn Maricopa into his own wild west, I guess. The fucker keeps getting re-elected because of the overabundance of people there who think that billboards advertising Spanish soap operas are a sign that Mexican gangs are taking over.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 10:44:11 pm »
...makes me glad I don't live in Maricopa County. At least the LEOs here are sane. Still, I would like to think that the Feds can shut down his little droogies-I mean, "posse,"  as quickly as possible. That's exactly the sort of help the community DOESN'T need. What do they know of the law? Of proper arrest SOP or probable cause? Would they know when to shoot and more importantly, when NOT to shoot?

Somehow, I think they would fail any sort of LEO training...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 04:14:43 pm »
> droogies

Glad I wasn't the only one to think of 'A Clockwork Orange'
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 06:21:57 pm »
You know, I was ready to come here and scold everybody for playing in to the "once a criminal, always a criminal" stereotypes that become self-fulfilling prophecies. But armed domestic abusers and kiddy fiddlers patrolling schools in a paramilitary fashion... what the fuck, Arizona. It's getting to the point where I can imagine Joe Arpaio as the villain in a post-apolitical action movie. A crazy sheriff protecting his idea of "justice" in the middle of the desert using crews of violent criminals who are loyal to him? Somebody call Mad Max.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 03:05:56 am »
I really, really hate Joe.

I can't think of anyone who taught me criminal justice who would be for the shit Joe does.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!