Author Topic: Al-Jazeera Host Asks "Why Can't Arab Armies Be More Humane, Like Israel?"  (Read 8810 times)

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
I am not making this up.

http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/01/17/al-jazeera-host-asks-why-cant-arab-armies-be-more-humane-like-israel-video/

An Al Jazeera Arabic anchor recently asked his audience why Arab armies, and, in particular, the regime of Bashar al-Assad, in Syria, can’t behave more humanely towards civilians, like the Israeli and French armies do?

In a clip uploaded to YouTube this week and flagged by Mideast Media Analyst Tom Gross, the anchor  asks, “Why don’t they learn from the Israeli army which tries, through great efforts, to avoid shelling areas populated by civilians in Lebanon and Palestine? Didn’t Hezbollah take shelter in areas populated by civilians because it knows that Israeli Air Force doesn’t bomb those areas? Why doesn’t the Syrian army respect premises of universities, schools or inhabited neighborhoods? Why does it shell even the areas of its supporters?”

“I will also give you the example of France. All Syrians remember that the French forces, when they occupied Syria tried to avoid, when rebels entered mosques or schools, they stopped. The people would prefer that France come back! For God’s sake, if a referendum were to be held… if people were to be asked, who would you prefer the current regime or the French, I swear by God they would have preferred the French.

“The Israeli army, if it wanted to break up a demonstration, would have used water cannons or rubber bullets, not rockets or explosive barrels as happens in Aleppo today.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Well, in fairness, the Israelis don't deliberately target innocent people.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Well, in fairness, the Israelis don't deliberately target innocent people.

Oh yes, they just bulldoze their homes and set up new ones for Israelis.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
I can't help but notice some of the people on this site being hypercritical of Israel.  Yes, there are legitimate reasons to criticize them, but they've got a far, far better record than many other nations in the Middle East.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
Praise to those who make any sort of effort to avoid "collateral damage."  Such efforts have always been rare, though, and the more sophisticated our technology became, the more civilians suffered.  Neither Axis nor Allies worried unduly about it during World War II.  We bombed the beautiful city of Cologne, which had no strategic value.  During a 48-period in May 1945 we dropped 2,000 tons of incendiary bombs on Tokyo.  Almost 16 square miles was incinerated.  Estimates of civilian deaths range from 80,000 to 130,000.   
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
Praise to those who make any sort of effort to avoid "collateral damage."  Such efforts have always been rare, though, and the more sophisticated our technology became, the more civilians suffered.  Neither Axis nor Allies worried unduly about it during World War II.  We bombed the beautiful city of Cologne, which had no strategic value.  During a 48-period in May 1945 we dropped 2,000 tons of incendiary bombs on Tokyo.  Almost 16 square miles was incinerated.  Estimates of civilian deaths range from 80,000 to 130,000.
You have a point.  However, I think two things ought to be noted.

1. World War II was a state of total war.  The accepted reality is that when the enemy is hitting you with everything they've got, then everything they've got is fair game.  We have not had such a war since.

2. We did not have the technology for precision strikes back then.  We do now.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
I can't help but notice some of the people on this site being hypercritical of Israel.  Yes, there are legitimate reasons to criticize them, but they've got a far, far better record than many other nations in the Middle East.

We're hypercritical because we have a LOT of legitimate reasons to criticize them.  I literally don't care about their "record" compared to many other nations in the Middle East, doesn't excuse the atrocities they do commit.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
I'm not trying to be an apologist, I'm just saying that for all the shit they've done, they're miles ahead of, say, Iran.

QueenofHearts

I'm not trying to be an apologist, I'm just saying that for all the shit they've done, they're miles ahead of, say, Iran.

just a friendly bit of advice, you've said a lot of times "I'm not saying that, I'm saying X"

and maybe it's not everyone else, but you. Choosing the words you intend could help this nasty habit of you and other posters talking past one another.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Oh reaally how many Azjeri's have Iran displaced
Also again putting Iran with the middle east is sillly since tehy are not arab

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
Re: Al-Jazeera Host Asks "Why Can't Arab Armies Be More Humane, Like Israel?"
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 06:18:03 pm »
Oh reaally how many Azjeri's have Iran displaced
Also again putting Iran with the middle east is sillly since tehy are not arab
Okay then.  How about Iraq?  I don't remember Israel ever using chemical weapons on innocent people just because they happened to be the wrong ethnic group.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 06:21:17 pm »
Israel is too small for chem weapons to be effective also being better then some middle east regimes doesnt excuse the issue
Edit
Did Sadaam or anyone try and stop black babies from being conceived

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 06:28:47 pm »
Israel is too small for chem weapons to be effective also being better then some middle east regimes doesnt excuse the issue
This coming from the girl who considers Hamas a legitimate government.  (I'm calling you a girl because I know you're a pre-op transwoman.  Is that okay?)

And before you say they were democratically elected, let me just say that a number of terrible governments have been elected democratically.

Or let me put it this way.  Imagine if California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas were a disputed territory.  For this purpose let's call it Naztil.  Now, imagine if they democratically elected a religious fanatic terrorist group that participated in anti-Semitism, misogyny, and homophobia.  To top it off, this terrorist group had sworn to destroy America.  How do you think the American government would react?  Yes, I admit Israel could have handled the situation a little better, but I don't think they were wrong to protest the results.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 06:32:04 pm »
This coming from the girl who considers Hamas a legitimate government.  (I'm calling you a girl because I know you're a pre-op transwoman.  Is that okay?)

Kefka, I don't even know. I'm laughing so hard right now

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2014, 06:33:11 pm »

Kefka, I don't even know. I'm laughing so hard right now
What's so funny?