Author Topic: California initiative to exetuve "sodomites"  (Read 3868 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
California initiative to exetuve "sodomites"
« on: March 02, 2015, 03:06:20 pm »
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/03/02/us-california-activist-files-ballot-initiative-to-execute-all-gays/?utm_source=PNFB&utm_medium=socialFB&utm_campaign=PNFacebook

The "Sodomite Suppression Act" if passed successfully would make homosexuality punishable by death in California state and it is also takes cues from the Russian "gay propaganda" laws by punishing such "propaganda" with a ONE MILLION DOLLAR fine.

Apart from being horribly unconstitutional it doesn't seem to have high chances of success.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Re: California initiative to exetuve "sodomites"
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 03:08:58 pm »
Hahaha... good luck with that, eh?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 03:09:50 pm »
In California?  You might as well try and ban guns in Texas.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 03:32:39 pm »
they are trying so hard to push they're homophobic bigotry. It's getting more and more ridiculous every day.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 03:44:50 pm »
“The abominable crime against nature known as buggery, called also sodomy, is a monstrous evil that Almighty God, giver of freedom and liberty, commands us to suppress on pain of our utter destruction even as he overthrew Sodom and Gomorrha.

Matt McLaughlin; I read your little fap fic, there. Kinda grandiose to turn that over to the SAG for a referendum, but I guess you get off on baring your nasty little snuff fantasy to the world. It's the exhibitionist aspect, right? Bet you get hard every time you think of the word, "buggery". Mmmmmmm....buggery.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 04:21:25 pm »
I especially like the bit where he says that the law overrides all other state and federal laws and can't be challenged in any court except if heard by a quorum of the Supreme Court of California composed of judges who are neither sodomites nor otherwise disqualified under the statute (for distributing sodomite propaganda).
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 04:47:58 pm »
Never thought I'd see this happen in my state. Must remember to introduce myself cordially and politely to this individual. And I say that in the most Hannibal-esque manner possible.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 04:49:05 pm »
While I'd tell him good luck I recall Prop 8 and how that somehow managed to pass.

Ironbite-this...snowball's chance in hell.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 04:55:10 pm »
While I'd tell him good luck I recall Prop 8 and how that somehow managed to pass.

Ironbite-this...snowball's chance in hell.

If the Mormon church really puts their weight behind a propaganda campaign similar to Prop 8 then I could see it passing.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 05:49:09 pm »
And running smack dab into the Constitution?

Ironbite-yeah snowballs chance in hell.

ETA:  Reading this proposal and I just have to wonder how this guy is a lawyer and thinks this is how the law works.  I mean section e stating that this law goes into effective immediately and can't be stopped until a quorum of straight judges meets?  It's just...I can't wrap my head around this.  I just can't.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:52:48 pm by ironbite »

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 06:40:40 pm »
"Sodomite Suppression Act" goes onto my list of awesome potential band names.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 07:47:15 pm »
Somebody's been snortin' the gold Krylon.....

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2015, 12:51:25 pm »
Must remember to introduce myself cordially and politely to this individual. And I say that in the most Hannibal-esque manner possible.

Get an elephant to step on him while wearing a war skirt?

I day put it to a vote. Let the jackass see nobody agrees with him.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 01:03:25 pm »
Must remember to introduce myself cordially and politely to this individual. And I say that in the most Hannibal-esque manner possible.

Get an elephant to step on him while wearing a war skirt?

I day put it to a vote. Let the jackass see nobody agrees with him.

It sort of will be put to a vote already, in that he has to find enough people willing to sign off on the thing to get it on the ballot in the first place.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 04:11:23 pm »
And running smack dab into the Constitution?

Ironbite-yeah snowballs chance in hell.

That's not the way it works. A state can now brazenly violate the U.S. constitution and it'll go to the SCOTUS where, if they play their cards right, at least five justices will decide that case law can fuck off and overturn what we thought was a constitutional protection.

This is straight out of the post-Roe-v.-Wade playbook.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.