Author Topic: Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 42253 times)

Online davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #465 on: June 09, 2018, 10:57:14 pm »
I mean, you can respect someone but not respect them more than you value feeding your kids. I know people who regularly shoplift at the self-checkout, stealing about a quarter of their basket-load, so that they have enough to feed their families. So, uh, yeah.

I always use a checkout with a person there. If there is no choice but to use an automated station I steal something out of principle. To increase the costs of automated checkouts compared to staffed checkouts.

Online Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #466 on: June 10, 2018, 12:18:42 am »
That doesn't increase the cost of automated checkouts, it just reduces the wages of the employees.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Art Vandelay

• Greatest Person to Ever Grace this Shitty Forum
  • Kakarot
  • Check Your Privilege
« Reply #467 on: June 10, 2018, 12:41:59 am »
I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who likes the self checkout. Maybe (definitely) I'm just antisocial, but less mandatory human interaction is always better in my book.

Online Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #468 on: June 10, 2018, 12:58:17 am »
I don't mind self checkout, depending on how much and what I've bought I often like to use it as it is faster than waiting in a line. And the self checkout rarely has lines in the nearby store so it's convenient for the people who prefer it.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #469 on: June 10, 2018, 04:45:54 am »
I'll often use self-checkout, if only because it means I can get completely separate receipts for different parts of my purchase without feeling awkward asking a cashier for such.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • The Mad Dog of Shimano
    • My Twitter
« Reply #470 on: June 10, 2018, 10:42:08 am »
I feel like I'm the only person on the planet who likes the self checkout. Maybe (definitely) I'm just antisocial, but less mandatory human interaction is always better in my book.

Trust me, brother, you are so not alone, it ain't even funny.  Especially here in America, where companies (esp. Walmart) seem to want their cashiers to be as nosy "friendly" as possible.  Never am I less relaxed than when I know someone is being artificially happy and/or curious around me.  It freaks me the fuck out when they try to be my friend.  Like, dude, I just fucking met you, I only know your name because its clipped on to your shirt, stop acting like we're best buds.

I immediately tense up if I know I'm buying something at a store without self checkouts.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #471 on: June 11, 2018, 01:38:21 pm »
I mean, you can respect someone but not respect them more than you value feeding your kids. I know people who regularly shoplift at the self-checkout, stealing about a quarter of their basket-load, so that they have enough to feed their families. So, uh, yeah.

I always use a checkout with a person there. If there is no choice but to use an automated station I steal something out of principle. To increase the costs of automated checkouts compared to staffed checkouts.

I do the same. I won’t let those god darn machines take their jerbs.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• Pope
« Reply #472 on: June 12, 2018, 06:34:17 pm »
We must fight back against the mechanical menace before its too late and they Terminate all of us!