Author Topic: George Zimmerman...again...  (Read 4700 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
George Zimmerman...again...
« on: May 12, 2016, 05:10:12 pm »
The guy just keeps coming back like herpes on a hooker.

So, it seems that everyone's favorite fuckface just tried to create a listing on GunBroker.com to sell off his Kel-Tec PF-9. In case you're wondering, yes, he's trying to sell the same pistol as the one you likely assumed it was.

Now, this is where Damen goes all gunny, but there's actually a reason for it this time. Kel-Tec is a company that makes some interesting and innovative firearms that are, generally, inexpensive and of fairly good quality and are almost always sought after. Their PF-9 is one of those sought after firearms. The MSRP on Kel-Tec's website lists the PF-9 at $356.36 with real world prices closer to the $200 - $350 range for a used one.

So, how much is the boil on the buttocks of America trying to sell his for? From what I heard, he wanted the opening bid to be at $5,000 with an undisclosed reserve. What. An. Asshole.

"BUT WAIT!" I hear you about to type, "Damen, don't you have a source to back up the $5k claim?!"

Well, no. Because when GunBroker.com found out who was selling what, they said "Haha, no" and pulled his listing.

Late last night, George Zimmerman created a listing on our web site for the gun from the Trayvon Martin case four years ago. Mr. Zimmerman alerted news organizations that began reporting on the listing first thing this morning. Listings on the GunBroker.com web site are user-generated, exactly like social media posts. Mr. Zimmerman never contacted anyone at GunBroker.com prior to or after the listing was created and no one at GunBroker.com has any relationship with Zimmerman. Our site rules state that we reserve the right to reject listings at our sole discretion, and have done so with the Zimmerman listing . . .

We want no part in the listing on our web site or in any of the publicity it is receiving.

GunBroker.com prides itself in being a safe and legal way to buy and sell firearms online in full compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws. GunBroker.com proudly supports the Second Amendment rights of the American public. GunBroker.com will not be fielding press inquiries regarding this matter.

Now, I have no doubt that he'll be able to offload his pistol and that's his right. People collect Nazi memorabilia, so I have no doubt he'll find a buyer. But GunBroker yanking his listing made me laugh, probably more than it should have.

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: George Zimmerman...again...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 05:21:42 pm »
Wooooow.  Just gets better and better for the Zimm

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 05:26:52 pm »
You can't flimflam the Zimzam. He'll be back on his feet again. In fact after typing this estimation I googled some stuff and found out that he already found an auction site willing to help him sell that pistol:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/another-gun-dealer-revives-george-zimmermans-auction-to-sell-gun-he-used-to-kill-trayvon-martin/

Because of course he finds a company that thinks this will be good PR to them...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 05:29:10 pm »
I have heard it said that any publicity is good publicity.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 05:29:31 pm »
Am I the only one here who thinks that gun belongs in a museum or something?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 05:32:36 pm »
A museum for racist assholes who killed innocent young kids? Then yes for any other reason no, this man does not deserve to be immortalized I want him to fade into obscurity and only to be remembered as an example as to what not to aspire to.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 05:34:59 pm »
Police museum maybe. Apart from the questionable ending (honestly, stalking a guy and picking a fight with him still let's you call it self defense? Why the hell does anyone think that kind of law is a good one?) the case was only exceptional in how it got media attention AND Zimmerman getting support from racists all over the country.

...And yes, even if the case ended the way it should have according to the laws of the state, even if some of the people supporting Zimzam weren't racist and simply supported his right to self defense, you can't deny how popular he got in racist circles. They were attacking Martin's character to make him seem like some kind of black-boogeyman and turning Zimmerman into a paladin of justice even though his defense was shady and he was specifically looking for a fight with the kid (whom he had not seen violating any laws.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 05:41:05 pm »
Disassemble the gun and throw all the pieces away in separate junk yards.

Though I'd also be open to some guy deciding to get ironic and introduce Zimmerman to his own gun.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 05:44:36 pm »
As pro-gun as I am, the only place I want to see this one is in an incinerator.
"Fear my .45"

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 05:51:33 pm »

Yes you are Indy.

Ironbite-now why should it belong in a museum?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 06:17:15 pm »

Yes you are Indy.

Ironbite-now why should it belong in a museum?

Maybe in a thing about racism in modern America?  Bout the only context wherein it isn't horrifyingly offensive.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 06:22:30 pm »

Wow, four pages posts into this, and Paragon says something insanely offensive. Who would have thunk it?

ETA: silly typo
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 08:24:17 pm by The_Queen »
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2016, 06:39:46 pm »
I could see how for example people organizing an exhibition about racism might have an interest in it. If presented in a proper context that concentrates on Martin instead of Zimmerman it can be a non-offensive exhibition piece.

Edit: this with a caveat that Zimmerman shouldn't benefit from it in any way. Buying it from him is out of the question.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:43:28 pm by SCarpelan »

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 06:43:05 pm »
Interesting that the museum thing should come up. Seems UP isn't the only one who had that idea. The Smithsonian sent out a tweet which basically amounts to "Ha ha, fuck you."
"Fear my .45"

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 07:45:19 pm »
Makes you want to slap a bitch...off of a tall building. Thinking about how Trayvon's parents and brother had to wake up to this news today. It's a little bit more nauseating, living only 30 minutes away from that shit stain.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.