General Category > Suggestion Box

How About a "Like" Button?

(1/7) > >>

Kanzenkankaku:
There are some posts here that just deserve some kind of props (for wit, humor, good structure, being informative, etc) that I really wish people could get to acknowledge to the posters of the content.

dpareja:
We used to have something like that (it was a like/dislike system). It created way more drama than it could possibly be worth.

Askold:
We had a points system and some people were ganged up on and some got upset. There was really no real benefit to it and as the only outcome was either "meh" or sadness the system was removed.

I have seen a like mechanic on a different forum where it lists the members who have liked a specific post and it's being used as a way to say "me too, I also agree with this" and it seems to work.

Kanzenkankaku:
I can see how are downvote system could lead to drama and revenge neg ratings, but just having one for positive reactions wouldn't wind up too bad.

dpareja:

--- Quote from: Kanzenkankaku on June 03, 2017, 05:52:59 pm ---I can see how are downvote system could lead to drama and revenge neg ratings, but just having one for positive reactions wouldn't wind up too bad.

--- End quote ---

"Why is poster X always getting likes and I'm not?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version