Author Topic: Why the King James Bible is the only accurate English translation of the Bible.  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Back when I was Roman Catholic, I thought that the Latin Vulgate Bible was the only true bible. Now that I am Anglican, I now know that the King James Bible, commisioned by and named after my great English forefather King James I is the only true English translation of the Bible.

Here is the evidence why the King James Bible is the true English translation of the Bible.

1. It was a dirrect translation of the original texts.

The Old Testament was translated from text originating in the Tanakh or Hebrew bible. According to wikipedia it is “closer to the Hebrew tradition than any previous English translation.”

The New Testament translation was based on the Textus Repeptus, which was the printed Greek Texts of the New Testament.

2. It is the only English translation that uses proper pronouns.

The KJV contains the pronouns “thee, thou, and ye” which matches the Hebrew and Greek texts that have different words for the pronouns “You formal”, “You informal”, and “You plural.

3. It is the only English translation that mentions Hell in the Old Testament

For a text to be the most accurate, it must have the most consistency between it’s different parts. In other corrupt English translations of the Bible, Hell is not mentioned in the Old Testament in the verses that refer to God punishing the wicked. However the KJV correctly translates the Hebrew Word Sheol(which means the grave) to Hell when it refers to the context of God punishing the wicked by indicating that in the afterlife, they are in the realm of Hell being punished for their wicked deeds.

So when you convert to Christianity, read the KJV online, instead of the other corrupt translations.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
I've always boggled at people who go around saying late English is the closest possible thing to iron age Hebrew languages-plural.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Except that the King James bible has several mistranslations that change the meaning of important aspects of the bible and in other times scholars argue over validity of translation choices made in the KJV.

For example, it refers to one part of the holy trinity as the "ghost" which is not correct. The Greek version from which it was translated used a oneuma which means breath or spirit and there are scholars who believe that the use of "ghost" is blasphemy as it is the demonic version of spirit.

Then there's 1 John 5:7-8 which adds a verse from the Vulgatus that has been proven not to have been part of older bibles and was apparently invented just for the KJV. The writers were strong believers in the "holy-trinity" aspect or God which was controversial at the time and just went up and made up another reference to it, saying “in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness on earth.”"

But it's not all boring mistakes in the KJV. The book did add unicorns and giants into the bible. Where other versions go with boring wild-oxen and Nephilim the KJV knows that Ox are boring while unicorns kick ass and who wants angels when you can have giants?

And of course there's the Easter mistake. The KJV mentions Easter which no other bible does. And the bit where it is mentioned is where it replaces Passover (but only in one instance) while other bibles are consistent.

And then there's the fact that mentions of Zeus and Hermes are consistently replaced with Jupiter and Mercurius, which may not seem important but if you claim that KJV is closer to the Hebrew version then these kinds of mistakes work against that claim. ...Also the fact that Greek, Aramaic and Latin translations were used in parts of KJV kinda makes your claim of it being the best Hebrew translation just seem like yet another claim that you haven't actually researched.

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
However when he relapse to Catholicism he will return to the Latin Vulgate.

Art Vandelay

More importantly, the original UK versions of Harry Potter is the one, true word of Rowling. The shitty, American version is heresy.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
More importantly, the original UK versions of Harry Potter is the one, true word of Rowling. The shitty, American version is heresy.
Does that make the weird Chinese knockoffs were Harry and Hermoine get hitched Apocrypha?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
What about the creepy fanfiction?

...What about the non-creepy fanfiction?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

What about the creepy fanfiction?

...What about the non-creepy fanfiction?
Mormonism, essentially. Or Islam. Either one works.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
Except that the King James bible has several mistranslations that change the meaning of important aspects of the bible and in other times scholars argue over validity of translation choices made in the KJV.

For example, it refers to one part of the holy trinity as the "ghost" which is not correct. The Greek version from which it was translated used a oneuma which means breath or spirit and there are scholars who believe that the use of "ghost" is blasphemy as it is the demonic version of spirit.

Then there's 1 John 5:7-8 which adds a verse from the Vulgatus that has been proven not to have been part of older bibles and was apparently invented just for the KJV. The writers were strong believers in the "holy-trinity" aspect or God which was controversial at the time and just went up and made up another reference to it, saying “in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness on earth.”"

But it's not all boring mistakes in the KJV. The book did add unicorns and giants into the bible. Where other versions go with boring wild-oxen and Nephilim the KJV knows that Ox are boring while unicorns kick ass and who wants angels when you can have giants?

And of course there's the Easter mistake. The KJV mentions Easter which no other bible does. And the bit where it is mentioned is where it replaces Passover (but only in one instance) while other bibles are consistent.

And then there's the fact that mentions of Zeus and Hermes are consistently replaced with Jupiter and Mercurius, which may not seem important but if you claim that KJV is closer to the Hebrew version then these kinds of mistakes work against that claim. ...Also the fact that Greek, Aramaic and Latin translations were used in parts of KJV kinda makes your claim of it being the best Hebrew translation just seem like yet another claim that you haven't actually researched.

1. In the English language, ghost and spirit mean the same thing.

2. The trinity aspect of God has been accepted among Christians ever since the Council of Nicea. 1 John 5:7-8 emphasized it.

3. Well, Nephilim were said to be giants so they kind of mean the same thing. And unicorn means one horn, so it was a translation of the species of Rhinoceros unicornis(Indian rhinoceros).

4. The Greek word “pascha” referring to the time of the Passover, can therefore mean both the Jewish Passover and Easter depending on whether it is referring to the Jewish holiday or the Christian holiday. In Acts 12:4 it was referring to the Christian holiday.

5. The Old Testament was written in Hebrew. The New Testament was written in Greek.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
However when he relapse to Catholicism he will return to the Latin Vulgate.

I will NEVER EVER relapse to that abominable heretical Church that canonized Joan of Arc as a Saint. My Anglo Saxon nationalism will prevent me from ever doing so.

I am now FURIOUS that the Popes tried interfering with English national sovereignty during the Middle Ages. In 1170 when the Catholic Archbishop of Canterbury Thomas Becket did so commiting treason against the great King Henry II, 4 heroic knights set out to arrest him. They told Becket that he was to go to Winchester to give an account for his actions. When he refused, they had him killed. Unfortunetely the Pope had the power to force Henry II to do penance.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 11:07:04 am by Jacob Harrison »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
2. The trinity aspect of God has been accepted among Christians ever since the Council of Nicea. 1 John 5:7-8 emphasized it.
You are missing the point. They altered the bible, adding extra stuff into it. Christians generally agree that Jesus is the son of God but if I add mentions of that into the bible I am still changing the bible. Therefore your claim of it being an accurate TRANSLATION is false.

3. Well, Nephilim were said to be giants so they kind of mean the same thing. And unicorn means one horn, so it was a translation of the species of Rhinoceros unicornis(Indian rhinoceros).
Not the same thing, giants are not generally considered to be half-angels, Nephilim are. This is once again changing things in the bible. And they weren't rhinos in other versions of the bible, they were Taurox, but the KJV instead adds unicorns (or possibly rhinos) into the scene.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
You are missing the point. They altered the bible, adding extra stuff into it. Christians generally agree that Jesus is the son of God but if I add mentions of that into the bible I am still changing the bible. Therefore your claim of it being an accurate TRANSLATION is false.

Not the same thing, giants are not generally considered to be half-angels, Nephilim are. This is once again changing things in the bible. And they weren't rhinos in other versions of the bible, they were Taurox, but the KJV instead adds unicorns (or possibly rhinos) into the scene.

1. Actually on bible gateway.com 1 John 5:7-8 appears in the other translations

2. Well giants in the Bible are considered demonic mutant forms of humans and them being one and the same as Nephillim explains their origin which is that fallen angels had sex with women producing the human demon hybrids.

3. Unicorns and oxen are translated from the Hebrew word Re’em. The KJV translators identified the species Re’em to be Rhinos. The criticisms of the translation are debunked here. http://www.kjvtoday.com/home/unicorn-or-wild-oxen-in-numbers-2322-et-al

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
You're just spouting the mistranslation Askold pointed out verbatim.

It's not the friggin D&D monster manual!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
You're just spouting the mistranslation Askold pointed out verbatim.

It's not the friggin D&D monster manual!

I got this from KJV today and it explains how Nephillim and giants mean the same thing.

“The Septuagint translates "נפלים" as “γίγαντες (giants).” The Five Books of Moses (Schocken Bible) by Everett Fox translates the word as “giants.” The footnotes of the ESV and NRSV indicate that the Nephilim were giants. Josephus also describes the Nephilim as men of “great strength” whose acts resembled those of the Grecian “giants” (Antiquities of the Jews, 3:1). The Nephilim appear again in Number 13:33, and they are noted for their giant size. The apocryphal Book of Enoch also describes these beings as giants (7:3).  "Nephilim" is a transliteration, whereas "giants" is the correct translation.”