Author Topic: IMPORTANT THINGS  (Read 9241 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Re: IMPORTANT THINGS
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2018, 04:30:27 pm »
It doesn't matter who started the war. Even if the natives were the aggressors (a claim you haven't backed up), that doesn't justify what happened to them. Haven't you ever heard that two wrongs don't make a right?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 04:47:47 pm by Lana Reverse »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2018, 04:52:39 pm »
Concentration camps, SEVERAL forced relocations, the reservations, the government trying to destroy their culture and language by assaulting children who speak their mother tongue, Wounded knee, several wars, offering bounties for Indian scalps (regardless of age or sex) and the list goes on...

But I suppose you still believe in "Manifest destiny" and can condone all of this, am I right?

The Concentration Camps were work camps not death camps like the Nazi Camps. The reservations were a peace deal to keep them in certain areas while the Americans settled. Yeah there were some excesses but there were atrocities committed on both sides of the Wars with settlers being masacred. And most natives died of small pox. Manifest destiny was justified because it brought civilization out west.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2018, 04:58:33 pm »
Concentration camps, SEVERAL forced relocations, the reservations, the government trying to destroy their culture and language by assaulting children who speak their mother tongue, Wounded knee, several wars, offering bounties for Indian scalps (regardless of age or sex) and the list goes on...

But I suppose you still believe in "Manifest destiny" and can condone all of this, am I right?

The Concentration Camps were work camps not death camps like the Nazi Camps. The reservations were a peace deal to keep them in certain areas while the Americans settled. Yeah there were some excesses but there were atrocities committed on both sides of the Wars with settlers being masacred. And most natives died of small pox. Manifest destiny was justified because it brought civilization out west.

The fact that natives committed massacres too doesn't justify the crimes against them. How hard is this for you to understand?

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2018, 05:07:04 pm »
Why was forced conversions bad? 
Here this should answer your questionhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLd_jtMdrchttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGrJNUCQ-r4
Those crimes against the natives were done in Canada which was part of the British Empire, not America. The British Empire committed far worse crimes against indigenous peoples than America ever did based on what happened to the natives in Canada, the aborigines in Australia, blacks in Africa under British rule etc.
Eh, I come from California - back before we were a liberal den of Hollywood and celebrity, there was unquestionably a genocide against the local Native Americans by the American Government. As in, people ran for public office in the United States based on "I will commit genocide on these Indians".
There was warfare, forced relocation, and civilian casulties but it was not genocide because most of the deaths happened accidentally due to small pox. The US wanted to mine gold in California which would help the economy but the natives attacked the American settlers causing the war. What matters is who attacked who first.

Oh. Right. Completely unprovoked violence on behalf of the Natives. Yeeep. BTW, me and my buddies own your house and land and that of all your family and friends and if you do anything to prevent me from coming and taking it we're gonna declare war on you. Also, there's several times more of us than you and we've done this kind of shit before. But you're the one in the wrong if you defend yourself. Because it'll be good for my economy if I do this. Kthxbai. Oh, btw, you can keep this tiny bit of land because we deemed it not good enough for us. We "reserved" it, just for you.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2018, 05:30:56 pm »
You know what the best part of all the shit the US has done to the Native Americans is?

The US is only recognized as an independent country because the Native Americans were ballsy enough to stand up to the British Empire.

It's a generally-accepted tenet of international law that to be considered independent, at least one independent country must recognize you as such (and generally lots more).

But back when the nascent US declared its independence from the British Empire, nobody was willing to recognize them as such because they didn't want to piss off the Brits... except for the Native Americans, who were at that time recognized as independent nations.

If it hadn't been for that, the US might never have been recognized as being independent by the rest of the international community.

And now US courts consider Native American tribes to be, hilariously and oxymoronically, "dependent sovereigns."

A brief history of US-Native American relations, then:

The Native Americans had a ton of land, and they gave some to the US and told everyone it was theirs.

The US turned around and kicked the Native Americans off the rest of their land.

The US gave a bit of land back to the Native Americans (sort of) and told them to shut up and be grateful.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2018, 06:08:56 pm »

The fact that natives committed massacres too doesn't justify the crimes against them. How hard is this for you to understand?

I now it doesn’t but in every war, excesses are committed on both sides by settlers and by natives. There was no official US government document of a plot to commit genocide against the native Americans.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2018, 06:12:00 pm »
Here this should answer your questionhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLd_jtMdrchttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGrJNUCQ-r4
Those crimes against the natives were done in Canada which was part of the British Empire, not America. The British Empire committed far worse crimes against indigenous peoples than America ever did based on what happened to the natives in Canada, the aborigines in Australia, blacks in Africa under British rule etc.
Eh, I come from California - back before we were a liberal den of Hollywood and celebrity, there was unquestionably a genocide against the local Native Americans by the American Government. As in, people ran for public office in the United States based on "I will commit genocide on these Indians".
There was warfare, forced relocation, and civilian casulties but it was not genocide because most of the deaths happened accidentally due to small pox. The US wanted to mine gold in California which would help the economy but the natives attacked the American settlers causing the war. What matters is who attacked who first.

Oh. Right. Completely unprovoked violence on behalf of the Natives. Yeeep. BTW, me and my buddies own your house and land and that of all your family and friends and if you do anything to prevent me from coming and taking it we're gonna declare war on you. Also, there's several times more of us than you and we've done this kind of shit before. But you're the one in the wrong if you defend yourself. Because it'll be good for my economy if I do this. Kthxbai. Oh, btw, you can keep this tiny bit of land because we deemed it not good enough for us. We "reserved" it, just for you.

The difference is that the native Americans were primitive tribes so they didn’t really own land. The original goal of the US was to conquer them and bring Western Civilization to them which is what Columbus did and which would be beneficial to them in the long run but sadly most died of small pox.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2018, 06:43:13 pm »

The difference is that the native Americans were primitive tribes so they didn’t really own land. The original goal of the US was to conquer them and bring Western Civilization to them which is what Columbus did and which would be beneficial to them in the long run but sadly most died of small pox.

And here we go again with your apologist claptrap.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2018, 06:47:53 pm »
Look would it have been possible without the destructive effects of colonialism to be able to see a proud Cherokee man clad in tight bull denim riding on a powerful horse through North Carolina?

No. Because Europeans brought both denim and horses to America.

Therefore everything was fine. Time to make interdimensional you tube videos.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2018, 08:03:34 pm »

uh, huh. Well that just leaves me with one recourse.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2018, 01:07:50 am »
Okay dude go fuck yourself.

Honestly I'm pretty sure you're just trolling and don't believe this crap, but there are still lines of good taste okay.  Keep it to the goofy fun stuff like your plan to revive the extinct royal families and aliens telling you to make youtube videos.  That's fun.  Holocaust denial is not.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2018, 01:34:35 am »
If you listen to the first fifteen minutes of this you'll understand why I thought Jakeyboy was Tony Morris trolling us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCN1w9-i3Ug
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2018, 08:15:58 am »
Okay dude go fuck yourself.

Honestly I'm pretty sure you're just trolling and don't believe this crap, but there are still lines of good taste okay.  Keep it to the goofy fun stuff like your plan to revive the extinct royal families and aliens telling you to make youtube videos.  That's fun.  Holocaust denial is not.

I am not denying that most of the native American’s died. I am saying that it was not part of a deliberate genocide plot and that it was small pox that killed most of them. It was a horrible tragedy but not genocide because genocide means deliberately trying to destroy a group. Anyway, I finished the script of the first 4 Episodes. And as I said on another thread, this is what caused me to start working on youtube videos documenting the evens in the parralel universe.

“On the night of June 9th, a blue portal appeared in my room. I walked through it and showed up in a castle. I met my parallel self from a parallel universe. He is a guard at the castle. A wizard performed a spell that merged us into one, and my merged self was told to go travel back to this universe to make animated videos documenting the events that happened in the parallel universe. The parallel universe was created by advanced time traveling aliens who change history which causes one timeline to split into two parallel timelines. The time that major world incidents changed started on the Halloween of 2011.”

So my parallel selves are merged into one so I have memories from both this universe and from the other universe. The other parralel universe is much more exciting with much more drastic events happening such as there being a new King with the Sword of Excalibur returning as King Arthur foretold when he was dying. I suggest you watch the 1981 movie Excalibur to get a better understanding of it.