Author Topic: What do you think symbolizes me?  (Read 10522 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
What do you think symbolizes me?
« on: February 19, 2012, 07:48:46 pm »
 I have to write an essay for school about what symbolizes me and I can't write essays for crap and need help finding inspiration to get me started so I'm asking you all. In what little you've seen of me on these boards what do you think symbolizes me? I would really appreciate you guys(and gals) opinions since my mind is a blank on this. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

I know this is probably a weird question and I'm sure someone will get mad and say I should think of it myself and quit being lazy (despite me having spent a few days thinking and having not a damn thing come to me and now I'm desperate since it's due tomorrow). To be absolutely clear and avoid any confusion: I am not asking you to write the essay, just what you think symbolizes me.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: What do you think symbolizes me?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 09:23:59 pm »
You seem level-headed and chipper the majority of the time. Could you use a character that best represents you? Or are you more looking for an object/idea? With the former, maybe someone from MLP?
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 09:48:34 pm »
Shit.  I haven't read enough of your posts to really know your personality.  Anything I have read by you I don't remember well enough to use in ascribing a symbol to you.  I'm sorry, but I don't think I can help you much.  I wish I could.  I sure hope you figure something out soon.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 09:55:56 pm »
Ugh, I hate those types of essays. -_-

I'm trying to think of something but I'm drawing a blank too.  I do like Sleepy's suggestion though.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 10:06:19 pm »
You seem level-headed and chipper the majority of the time. Could you use a character that best represents you? Or are you more looking for an object/idea? With the former, maybe someone from MLP?

I would rather not use an MLP character as my symbol on a high-school essay. It's not that I wouldn't want to but that it would be asking for trouble in my school, getting called gay (I'm not, nor am I homophobic) and such. I'm looking more for an object/idea, if you or anyone else have any idea I would love to hear it. Thanks for trying though. I was considering putting something about no MLP in the OP but decided against it.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 10:37:34 pm »
Either this:

or this:

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 10:42:22 pm »
Hmm...it's hard to say without knowing you well, but first thing that comes to mind is various (sharp) tools to symbolize your wit and other qualities. Are you introverted? Perhaps use a box, because while you can't discern much just looking at the outside, you can open them up and find all sorts of fascinating, awesome things on the inside. Maybe use a bookshelf to represent your knowledge or the capacity for it.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 11:48:31 pm »

I'm trying to think of something but I'm drawing a blank too.  I do like Sleepy's suggestion though.

I hate those types of essays too, in school I always did a half assed job on them.

You should make a list of the things that you like, and why you like them. That's a good way to find out more about yourself.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 11:54:55 pm »

I would rather not use an MLP character as my symbol on a high-school essay. It's not that I wouldn't want to but that it would be asking for trouble in my school, getting called gay (I'm not, nor am I homophobic) and such. I'm looking more for an object/idea, if you or anyone else have any idea I would love to hear it. Thanks for trying though. I was considering putting something about no MLP in the OP but decided against it.

Couldn't you take a symbol or object or whatever from MLP and spin it in a way that's not related to MLP?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 12:20:17 am »
Whenever one of those essays came up in high school, I would pick a random object in my bedroom, cough up a few bullshit metaphors ("The vine, ever growing out into the world, yet always retaining its roots, blah blah blah"), and wind up with a great mark. Most English teachers lap that kind of thing right up. Or mine did, anyway.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 12:54:15 am »

I hate those types of essays too, in school I always did a half assed job on them.

You should make a list of the things that you like, and why you like them. That's a good way to find out more about yourself.

The problem is that I've never been able to describe myself, especially in positive way. Usually when someone asks what my good qualitys are I say "I'm intelligent and... um... we'll..." and that's about all I can think of. Even of I can think of something that symbolizes me I still have to write five fucking paragraphs about it, and I've never been able to make up atleast 25 sentences of bullshit. It doesn't help that I take medication that makes me Incredibly tired and I can rarely stay awake through my entire first hour English class, and it's midnight here and I haven't got a single word written. Oh, and did I mention it's due first thing tomorrow?

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 01:00:49 am »
Bullshit it. That's what I did when I could think of nothing else at the last minute. The teacher doesn't know better.

Offline Servo

• Bishop
  • Wait... what?
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 04:10:20 am »
Bullshit it. That's what I did when I could think of nothing else at the last minute. The teacher doesn't know better.

Same.

But try to make it actually believable...

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 04:22:11 am »

Same.

But try to make it actually believable...

Topic: The use of rhetoric to obscure a lack of content.
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 02:10:16 pm »
You are a beautiful flower with special qualities, and though you will start as a tiny seed you will eventually blossom into a beautiful rose.

It physically hurt to write that, man. Good luck.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.