Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 273238 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #615 on: August 08, 2016, 06:07:49 am »
When I pointed out Politifact's Truth-O-Meter ratings for Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump:

So basically you are saying [Hillary Clinton] is a politician who knows how to lie without lying. And [Donald Trump] is more of an average joe, inclined to examples of hyperbole to prove his point aka sterotypical [sic] american.

...that is not how lying, hyperbole, politicians or average joes work...

This is a guy who cites Infowars as a legitimate source.
Average Joe believes in average Jewish space lizards using HAARP to command your soul.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #616 on: August 10, 2016, 12:55:31 am »
Usually when people find out that they've been fooled by a fake news article they try to come up with an explanation for their mistake. This guy though is special.

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #617 on: August 10, 2016, 08:20:15 am »
The GOP likes to play THE GOOD NIGGERS Democrats can invite to parties.

During the Revolution most of the Continental Congress played Good Niggers, and got immunity from the British to spend the winters in places like Philadelphia. Washington and the boys froze/starved at Valley Forge while the Congress quarreled over accommodations and carriages. Revolution memoirs don't flatter the pols, officers, or darkies. Peter Horry said blacks were better than roadsigns when the Brits went looking for Patriots. The Brits took the best blacks North, gave them white widows, and used them to spy.

But Washington won because he was a rock
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 08:22:24 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #618 on: August 10, 2016, 06:58:44 pm »
.....what?

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #619 on: August 25, 2016, 01:10:17 am »
Rush Limbaugh would like to warn all Real Americans that the scary Lesbians are coming for your farms!

Have you heard the latest Democrat scam? Have you heard about the agriculture department's financial grants to lesbian farmers? You think I'm making this up? See, this is how they do it. All right. I hadn't intended to get into this right off the bat. Let me find it here in the Stack because it's something that's happening. It's actually real, and there is a strategic reason for it. Here it is. Are you ready for this? It's two pages. Let me pull 'em out here. It is from the Washington Free Beacon. That's the website.

Headline: "Feds Holding Summits for Lesbian Farmers -- USDA wants to change image of farmers from 'white, rich male.' The US Department of Agriculture is holding summits to promote the role of lesbian farmers as a part of its 'Rural Pride' campaign. The agency is working with singer and LGBT activist Cyndi Lauper for a 'day of conversation' about the struggles of gay and transgender individuals in rural America. [USDA] says its wants to change the perception of what it means to be a farmer in America away from the 'white, rich male.'"

Now, I understand farmers are not "rich." This is part of the disinformation campaign. "Rich, white male" is how the left describes pretty much any constituency group that they're opposed to. What the point of this is, folks... It's not about lesbian farmers. What they're trying to do is convince lesbians to become farmers.

You sit in there and laugh. Okay, go ahead and laugh at it, but I'm telling you what they're doing. They are trying to bust up one of the last geographically conservative regions in the country; that's rural America.

Rural America happens to be largely conservative. Rural America is made up of self-reliant, rugged individualist types. They happen to be big believers in the Second Amendment. So here comes the Obama Regime with a bunch of federal money and they're waving it around, and all you gotta do to get it is be a lesbian and want to be a farmer and they'll set you up. I'm like you; I never before in my life knew that lesbians wanted to be farmers.

I never knew that lesbians wanted to get behind the horse and the plow and start burrowing. I never knew it. But apparently enough money can make it happen, and the objective here is to attack rural states. They're already attacking suburbs, and that has been made perfectly clear by what happened in Milwaukee. They're going after every geographic region that is known to be largely conservative. They never stop, folks. They are constantly on the march.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #620 on: August 25, 2016, 01:52:45 am »
I am 98% certain that this comic has been posted on the forum before, but I was looking for it to link it again and discovered the Knowyourmeme comments on it. ...The lack of self awareness is painful.

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/855096-tumblr

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #621 on: August 25, 2016, 12:27:11 pm »
Oh look it's GooblyGook in a nutshell.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #622 on: September 16, 2016, 01:50:28 am »
Let's change that a bit:

"If your OTP isn't Aryan, imagine both of them being sent to Auschwitz by the Nazis. There they fall in love, but can it survive? Can they?"

There, perhaps that will help them understand.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #623 on: September 16, 2016, 07:19:35 pm »
Let's change that a bit:

"If your OTP isn't Aryan, imagine both of them being sent to Auschwitz by the Nazis. There they fall in love, but can it survive? Can they?"

There, perhaps that will help them understand.

...it really doesn't?

I don't think the only reason people could want to write 'gay couple in conversion therapy' stories is because yaoi fangirls jerk it to child abuse, for one. But even if that was true...

Let people jerk it to stories of child abuse if they want. Let people jerk it to stories genocide and rape and murder and whatever gets them off. Who even cares. Fiction is made up, it doesn't real, actual people are not getting hurt.

Yes, people are often bothered by other people's taste in fiction, especially if they think they are aroused by it. Sucks. "People are no longer allowed to write stories about this" is not a reasonable response.
Σא

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #624 on: September 17, 2016, 02:37:11 am »
I'm not saying that no one should be allowed to write such fiction, it just seems like they don't understand how traumatic the experience is to the kids who get sent to the camp and at the very least they should acknowledge this when they write their fapfiction.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #625 on: September 17, 2016, 11:26:41 am »
Look at how light-hearted most war stories are. A pile of bodies later and the good guys win. No moral ambiguity, no post traumatic stress disorder, no lasting repercussions from injuries, no mention of the widows, orphans, childless parents, and general mayhem left in the hero's wake.

The truth of the matter is that you can go grim dark for any topic. By in large, that just is not what people want. You're only noticing it because this topic is important to you. I'm not saying it isn't an important topic, but the way things work either we all speak or none of us do.

Fortunately that right to speak freely mean that we can call these people a bunch of tasteless fucking retards.   ;)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #626 on: September 18, 2016, 08:17:23 pm »

These people are taking the issue of the ongoing abuse of gay people (mind you it was even brought up in a serious manner) and making it into a joke to giggle at.

that does not seem evident from the link you posted?

I don't think they are laughing at the general societal situation of conversion therapy existing. The one person who said anything about laughing was bringing up the point of specific characters being sent to conversion therapy, which is an entirely different thing.

Laughing at fiction is not laughing at reality. People make silly cartoons where cute animals behead each other, and laughing at that does not imply you think murder is ok. I dislike the idea that if an issue is Serious Enough, then you're somehow doing something wrong by joking about it, or engaging with it in any specific way via fiction. (there are time/place/audience points to take into account, yes. but i don't think that's the issue here)
Σא

Art Vandelay

« Reply #627 on: September 19, 2016, 08:42:18 pm »
Yeah, damn all of those heterosexual asexuals, the paradoxical bastards.

As least, I assume that's what that means. I'm not quite fluent in Tumblrina.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #628 on: September 20, 2016, 12:56:51 am »
They later edited the post apologizing for the antisemitism (concentration camp mention), but said that "they would never apologize for being angry at their oppressors".  Also apparently they're 13. 

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #629 on: September 21, 2016, 05:56:12 pm »
Yeah, damn all of those heterosexual asexuals, the paradoxical bastards.

As least, I assume that's what that means. I'm not quite fluent in Tumblrina.

Usually the het in het-ace (or cishet ace) means heteroromantic
Σא