Author Topic: RRuptards show their hypocrisy  (Read 5375 times)

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
RRuptards show their hypocrisy
« on: November 30, 2012, 04:50:57 am »
So some new person who is either a poe or actually has more than two brain cells to rub together made a post over on RR asking why they were all rooting for the Presidential candidate who isn't a Christian.

http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?182208-My-First-Post-re-Obama-and-the-intersection-of-politics-and-Christian-faith

Best of all, Buzzardnut going off on a rant over how Obama is a fake Christian, and then following up with this a couple posts later:

I think if you are able to separate religion from politics it will help you understand a little better but there were many members on this board who can't do it either. such is our sad state.

Shiny mirror much, Birdbrain?

To the OP I would say, "Run! Run before they infect you too!"
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 03:31:16 am by ScrappyB »
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
Re: RRuptards show their hypocracy
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 10:56:29 am »
I like the comments on the difference between born again and normal Christianity. Apparently that makes it okay to judge?

Cloud Watcher does like to say things opposite of facts, though, which others agree with. Despite the fact that all of the USA allies wanted Obama to be elected again.

I think RR show either hypocrisy or their division from reality daily.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 03:15:06 pm »
Also... we've actually had some former RR members who got run off end up joining *US*, because we were actually sensible in our arguments, and wouldn't be shitty to them for a marginally different interpretation of beliefs.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 04:26:54 pm »
Also... we've actually had some former RR members who got run off end up joining *US*, because we were actually sensible in our arguments, and wouldn't be shitty to them for a marginally different interpretation of beliefs.

*Waves*  Hiya.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 08:07:37 pm »
Good point about false "Christians" claiming to be a Christian just because they attended some sort of "church".

Many cats would consider a mouse in the cookie jar to be a great cat-cookie though.

WTF is up with this cat cookie thing?

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 10:27:37 pm »
I think it's a metaphor on the fact that some people like some things that other people would find destructive or the like.

Like a mouse in the cookie jar equals ruined/eaten/crapped-on cookies for a person, but a cat would be pleasantly surprised to find a mouse in a cookie jar.

...I think.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 02:40:35 am »
I think in this metaphor, the cat is Satan.  I can't tell, though, I left my Fundie-to-English dictionary in storage.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 04:50:54 am »
I think in this metaphor, the cat is Satan.  I can't tell, though, I left my Fundie-to-English dictionary in storage.

I used to be a fundie and I still can't figure out what it means myself.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 04:40:45 pm »

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 05:06:06 pm »
You remember that Loony-Tune or Silly Melodies short that involved a bulldog that was overprotective over a kitten and the calamities featured in that short was the home-owner making cookies? And at the end of the short the bulldog was offered a cookie that looks like a kitten and he mourned his failure to keep it safe, while the kitten itself showed up and he got overjoyed?

That was what I thought of with the words "cat-cookie."

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 05:58:05 pm »
Oh wow... I've not seen that cartoon in ages.  It was rather sweet.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 06:13:22 pm »
Sorry, but can someone please correct the title? (hypocrisy, not hypocracy) I'm going crazy everytime I see it in P&G.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 07:42:22 pm »
You mean they're not swearing to do no harm?
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 09:16:20 pm »
You remember that Loony-Tune or Silly Melodies short that involved a bulldog that was overprotective over a kitten and the calamities featured in that short was the home-owner making cookies? And at the end of the short the bulldog was offered a cookie that looks like a kitten and he mourned his failure to keep it safe, while the kitten itself showed up and he got overjoyed?

The episode was titled "Feed the Kitty".
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 01:20:28 am »

The episode was titled "Feed the Kitty".

There seems to be two different versions of this cartoon.  There's another picture of this exact scene except with a different background.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:22:18 am by Iosa the Invincible »