Author Topic: GOP threatening to remove 2016 primary debate.  (Read 4861 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
GOP threatening to remove 2016 primary debate.
« on: August 05, 2013, 07:12:39 pm »
TL:DR we don’t like your series on Hillary thus we are taking our ball (the 2016 primary debate) and going home. Never mind that this is political suicide, perhaps they seek to prevent gaffs such as the last Republican primary debates?

“It’s appalling to know executives at major networks like NBC and CNN who have donated to Democrats and Hillary Clinton have taken it upon themselves to be Hillary Clinton’s campaign operatives,” said Chairman Priebus. “Their actions to promote Secretary Clinton are disturbing and disappointing. I hope Americans will question the credibility of these networks and that NBC and CNN will reconsider their partisan actions and cancel these political ads masked as unbiased entertainment. If they have not agreed to pull this programming prior to the start of the RNC’s Summer Meeting on August 14, I will seek a binding vote stating that the RNC will neither partner with these networks in 2016 primary debates nor sanction primary debates they sponsor.”

“Better RNC debate plan. Held in hermetically sealed Fox studio.” DO IT! Isolate yourselves further I’m sure many people will ironically and unironically agree with you.

And here are the letters in which BBBAAAAAAWWWWWWing occurs. NBC and CNN won’t dance to your tune.

CNN response:
"CNN Films, a division of CNN Worldwide, commissioned a documentary about Hillary Clinton earlier this year. It is expected to premiere in 2014 with a theatrical run prior to airing on CNN. This documentary will be a non-fiction look at the life of a former First Lady and Secretary of State. Instead of making premature decisions about a project that is in the very early stages of development and months from completion, we would encourage the members of the Republican National Committee to reserve judgment until they know more. Should they decide not to participate in debates on CNN, we would find it curious, as limiting their debate participation seems to be the ultimate disservice to voters."

NBC’s response:
“NBC News is completely independent of NBC Entertainment, and has no involvement in this project,” Erika Masonhall, a spokeswoman for the network told ABC News.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: GOP threatening to remove 2016 primary debate.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 07:27:21 pm »
Was just about to post that...only not as dumbly.

Ironbite-yeah this is just...hilarious.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 07:28:22 pm »
Hey, kids!!! It's time for the political suicide song!!!
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 08:04:39 pm »
Well, my head hurts now. I don't see what they're trying to prove or accomplish.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 08:17:46 pm »
This is quite undemocratic. They're trying to coerce CNN into covering politics the way they want.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 09:01:27 pm »
I'll just add that I immensely dislike Hillary, mostly for her support of Jack Thompson's bullshit in the past.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 09:02:18 pm »
She's gotten better also this is good news at les we won't have 5 billion debates

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 10:23:11 pm »
The GOP don't like a good strong woman who isn't an airhead like Palin or Bachmann. I love how these guys are such suicidal babies! This is the best thing I've heard aaaaaaalllllllllll DAY!

During the first election of Obama, I actually supported both Obama & Clinton and before Obama became the front-runner Prez-candidate, I figured, "If Obama doesn't get nominated, at least there's Hillary". I personally believe she was much of the brains behind the Bill Clinton Presidency....the one that fixed the deficit & gave us a surplus. Plus, either Barack or Hillary would have been a historic "first" (First Black or First Woman).

I enjoy watching the GOP self-destruct like this!

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 11:26:43 pm »
This is quite undemocratic. They're trying to coerce CNN into covering politics the way they want. with the threat of a boycott thereby hurting them financially

And thus we conclusively prove that at its most base capitalism really is the antithesis of freedom and democracy.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 12:21:36 am »
This is quite undemocratic. They're trying to coerce CNN into covering politics the way they want. with the threat of a boycott thereby hurting them financially

And thus we conclusively prove that at its most base capitalism really is the antithesis of freedom and democracy.

Quite right.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 12:23:07 am »

Quite right.
Capitalism seems to have pretty much run its course.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 12:30:53 am »

Quite right.
Capitalism seems to have pretty much run its course.

I disagree.

-FDR

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 12:34:45 am »
For once I agree with Fred.

Capitalism isn't the enemy, it's unbridled capitalism.

Kinda like how tamed horses are excellent companions, but wild horses will fuck... shit.... up.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 01:35:16 am »
Capitalism is basically a bureaucratic market dominated by large firms with strong government regulation. The key differences between a capitalist economy and a feudal economy are bureaucratic administration, a very large state, and firms.

-FDR

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 02:23:46 am »
Since when has strong goverment regulation actually been a vital part of capitalism? I mean regulation is a part of the package as it is but usually those who are most for capitalism speak against regulation.

Partucularly in USA there is a strange belief that unregulated free market would somehow work for the benefit of all.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!