Author Topic: Donations Request  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Kradorex Xeron

• Technical Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Bishop
  • Digitally Original
    • Personal Site
Donations Request
« on: October 18, 2014, 07:14:19 am »
Hello everyone,

I am the Executive Director of Digibase Operations. We are the not-for-profit organization that provides hosting for this site pro-bono under our "for the public good" mandate. We also work on developing anti-spam technology as well as perform research into things for the benefit of the Internet, For instance, we are currently internally working on an ISP reputation database project that will allow people to see what their ISP is doing from other people's perspective (network neutrality violations, congestion, abuse complaints that go unheard, hostile to customers, etc). As a part of our ongoing projects, we are working on open proxy countermeasures for those who ban-dodge at forums and on IRC servers, among other things.

This said, we operate significantly off of donations and are currently running a donation drive among our users and clients alike to contribute to pay our bills month to month, this month we would like to reach out to you.

Our breakdown for transparency reasons is as follows, the format is Covered/Total at the time of posting:
Power: $200/200
Phone service: $50/50
Network connectivity: $0/225
This pricing is consistent from month-to-month, all figures in Canadian dollar.

We have sustained income that pays roughly half of our bills as illustrated, but still we rely on donations to cover the rest. We would like to reach out to you for donations to keep us online and servicing you, our clients and users.

If you are able to donate, please do so via paypal to kxeron@digibase.ca or via the convenient button on our homepage: http://digibase.ca to the left hand side. Currently we have a goal of $225 Canadian for this month but extra is definitely welcome and will be allotted into our next month's bill. Those who donate are welcome to request listing on our Special Thanks page.

However if you are unable to donate, we have no problem with that, we exist to serve the Internet community, and that Internet community includes you, regardless of your financial status. You're here, that means you're a part of that community and it is part of our mandate  to keep it that way.

We currently have:
$40/225
or $185 Remaining needed for this month

Thank you and Securely,
K. Xeron
Executive Director, Digibase Operations
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:39:20 pm by Kradorex Xeron »
~Krad Xeron

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Donations Request
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 10:51:48 am »
I'll consider it.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 11:20:01 am »
I'll see what I can do, Krad.  You've always been a solid presence, helping us with server space for FQA.  Chipping in is the least I can do.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 05:30:48 pm »
Donation on its way.  Thanks for your help.  I grew up in Buffalo and have the highest regard for Canada.  Especially Canadian comestibles.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Kradorex Xeron

• Technical Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Bishop
  • Digitally Original
    • Personal Site
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 01:10:31 pm »
I'll consider it.

Consideration is the least we could ask for. We do not ask for one person to take on the entire sum so every little bit counts.

I'll see what I can do, Krad.  You've always been a solid presence, helping us with server space for FQA.  Chipping in is the least I can do.

We provide the space because there is a definitive need to provide this community a solid foundation upon which to operate. We wouldn't want to see a community like this become one of those thousands of other boards on some free host laden with advertisements and in large unprotected against spam or malicious attempts to compromise user data. Many of those free forum hosts have issues with having their eggs in one basket.

Donation on its way.  Thanks for your help.  I grew up in Buffalo and have the highest regard for Canada.  Especially Canadian comestibles.

Thank you so graciously. We are indeed a proudly Canadian operation, the laws here in regards to information security provide us the ability to operate in ways we couldn't elsewhere.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 01:17:43 pm by Kradorex Xeron »
~Krad Xeron

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 01:31:44 am »
If I have a few bucks to spare, I'll send them your way. It's the least I can do for my favorite Internet community.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 03:53:01 am »
As soon as I scrape up some cash, I'll make whatever donation I can.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".