Author Topic: Seymour Hersh: Obama lied about killing of Osama  (Read 3792 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Seymour Hersh: Obama lied about killing of Osama
« on: May 10, 2015, 11:06:30 pm »
Source

Oh boy, the conservatives are jumping on this story.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: Seymour Hersh: Obama lied about killing of Osama
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 11:16:16 pm »
Literally every headline I've seen about this is shit along the lines of "Obama lied about Bin Laden!" or "Sources say that Obama lied about Bin Laden!", which is barely any better. Of course, literally every headline I've seen is from garbage sites like YoungCons, so anyone with half a brain will take it with a grain of salt.
Who needs a signature?

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 11:25:34 pm »
Said sources are anonymous, so there's that.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 11:27:06 pm »
Seymour Hersh: Sources say Obama lied about killing Osama! Sources is my pet name for the voices I hear in my head!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 11:32:54 pm »
I think Seymour Hersh has earned our trust, at this point.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 11:34:38 pm »
This is much worse for the Republicans as it shows that they couldnt find Osama after he had been captured by the Pakistanis.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 11:35:50 pm »
This is going to be the new Benghazi, isn't it?

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 01:33:30 am »
I am not going to read through page after page of crazy person talk. What exactly is he claiming the evil antichrist obama lied about exactly?
I am prepared to take Obama's word for it that Osama is dead unless I am shown a still alive Osama bin laden. Anything else about the operation is merely details that I and no one else should really care about.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 05:22:46 am »
What exactly is he claiming the evil antichrist obama lied about exactly?
The article claims that Pakistanis were secretly keeping bin Laden as a hostage to protect themselves from al-Qaida activities. A Pakistani official sold this information for the reward money and the US were able to cut a deal with Pakistan for bin Laden. The raid was organized with the full co-operation of the Pakistani intelligence service and military to hide from al-Qaida the fact that Pakistanis had betrayed the deal they had. The burial at sea was also bullshit and the story was concocted quickly to cover for Obama doing political grandstanding instead of going forward with the intended cover story.

In my opinion this is a possible scenario but it's impossible to be certain about the reliability of the story due to the unnamed informants.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 06:34:47 am »
They're doing everything they can to distance Obama from that event.  Big surprise.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 08:37:55 am »
If we didn't send old and decrepit Osama to his virgins, then why in Gork's name did we build a one-off stealth 'hawk?
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 08:47:52 am »
The article claims that Pakistanis were secretly keeping bin Laden as a hostage to protect themselves from al-Qaida activities. A Pakistani official sold this information for the reward money and the US were able to cut a deal with Pakistan for bin Laden. The raid was organized with the full co-operation of the Pakistani intelligence service and military to hide from al-Qaida the fact that Pakistanis had betrayed the deal they had. The burial at sea was also bullshit and the story was concocted quickly to cover for Obama doing political grandstanding instead of going forward with the intended cover story.

In my opinion this is a possible scenario but it's impossible to be certain about the reliability of the story due to the unnamed informants.

Obviously the anonymous sauces will never put their names to it. At this stage it's down to trust in Sy Hersch, for my money the greatest journalist in history.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 09:05:15 am »

Obviously the anonymous sauces will never put their names to it. At this stage it's down to trust in Sy Hersch, for my money the greatest journalist in history.
Yeah. It's enough to make me take the claims seriously but not enough to make me 100% convinced.

I think we should take care to separate the claims and their validity from the way the article is used in the conservative media.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 12:11:11 pm »
Honestly I'm not surprised there hasn't been more crazy conspiracy theories about this already.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2015, 01:47:56 pm »
Honestly I'm not surprised there hasn't been more crazy conspiracy theories about this already.
What are you talking about? The conservatives have been insisting he's still alive since before President Obama announced the killing.

On topic, this doesn't even look like that big of a lie. So the President covered up something that could result in people being killed. I don't like government secrecy, but I'm pretty sure even most sane libertarians would agree that this is one case where lying is the right thing to do.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar