Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 274669 times)

Offline SheChire

• Neonate
  • No pickles!
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #1290 on: May 09, 2017, 02:14:56 pm »
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is good fun. Just not as good fun as the first one.
Care to give us a quick synopsis perhaps? I really do not mind the spoilers.  :)
Now with 15% more pills!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1291 on: May 13, 2017, 04:41:30 pm »
Without going too deep into the movie, Vol. 2 very much felt like an expansion of 1 and allowed us to explore the characters we got to know in the first one.  Some, got a bit more depth added to them while others barely felt touched upon.  It's a decent movie but ultimately doesn't actually advance the rest of the MCU storyline proper.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1292 on: May 21, 2017, 02:29:14 am »
Well, it does give Guardians its first connection to Earth, plus one of the stingers possibly hints toward Infinity War, but other than those (rather minor) things and the possibility of some of the weird and insane Marvel shit (fact: James Gunn is a bigger Marvel nerd than you are) being relevant later, it is more or less filler.

It works well as a standalone movie, better as a continuation of the first Guardians of the Galaxy, but it does very little to advance the metaplot. Also, Drax didn't do anything.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1293 on: July 07, 2017, 05:29:15 am »
Bit late but saw Wonder Woman recently.  It looked like more typical DC crap to me so I thought everyone saying it was good was being generous or had lowered their standards because they really wanted this film to not be utter shite.  But I ended up seeing it with some people and nope, it's actually rather good.  Characters are likeable and feel deep, their motivations are clear, there's no confused pretentious ramblings about gods or some shit, there's no product placement and everything makes sense - you're not constantly asking question throughout the film.

DC made a good film without Nolan, that was produced and written by Snyder.  I'm pretty sure this is mentioned in Revelations as one of the signs of the end times.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #1294 on: July 07, 2017, 08:02:27 am »
Kubo and the Two Strings.  Oh my god.

Ironbite-just...watch it if you've got Netflix.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1295 on: December 27, 2017, 03:45:43 pm »
Saw the latest Star wars. Liked it a lot.

I also liked the "similar but not so similar that it could be sued for being an unlicensed Shadowrun film" Bright.

I can barely understand the complaints for TLJ. Sure, the film had jokes that seemed a bit glued on but other than that it was great. Someone even complained that everything is "too easy" for the heroes. Must have been watching a completely different film.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #1296 on: January 15, 2018, 03:10:02 am »
The Porgs were cute but they would have been far better if they had a plot purpose and weren't just some cash grab to sell plush toys. The movie was fun and I liked the characters and the surprise betrayal.

The weirdest stuff I've seen in response to this film online is all the Roosh V types are apparently still hanging around complaining that the sequel trilogy is too "SJW".

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #1297 on: January 15, 2018, 03:43:31 am »
Well, the progs weren't part of the original script or anything. The fact is, Skellig Michael, the island where those scenes were filmed, is a sanctuary for endangered puffins. The crew wasn't allowed to shoo them, because that could disrupt their patterns. And when they went into editing, it was found that it would just be cheaper to give them a CG skin than etid them out. And thus, the porgs were born.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1298 on: January 15, 2018, 04:53:12 am »
...That's the best damn reason to create fluffy little marketable CGI monsters that I've heard so far.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #1299 on: March 02, 2018, 05:05:58 am »
Huh. The more you know.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #1300 on: March 02, 2018, 06:12:03 pm »
Black Panther.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1301 on: May 07, 2018, 04:39:24 pm »
Avengers: Infinity War. I'd say it lived up to all the hype.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #1302 on: May 07, 2018, 06:12:35 pm »
Infinity War was a gut punch.

Ironbite-can't wait for part 2.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #1303 on: May 08, 2018, 01:36:06 am »
I really want to go see that. Not sure when I'll be able to go to the theatre next though.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1304 on: May 11, 2018, 11:36:26 am »
And for once I knew what upcoming character/movie the stinger was referring to at the end of Infinite War...and somehow the rest of audience didn't (they were literally audibly confused).  It's
(click to show/hide)
  How do they not know that logo? I know fuck all about comics and I know what that logo is.  To me it's almost like an audience being confused by seeing the Bat logo at the end of a DC movie.

Also, it's about bloody time, Marvel, what took you so long? I mean
(click to show/hide)
for fuck sake (and yeah I know that came about semi-accidentally but still).

Oh and watch out for the most appropriate bit of product placement in movie history in the stinger.  I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the audience who got it, but to be fair it's not like the film draws attention to it and that brand isn't sold in the UK as far as I know.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 11:38:07 am by Katsuro »