Author Topic: Who will bomb Iran First?  (Read 4874 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Who will bomb Iran First?
« on: January 09, 2012, 10:38:02 pm »
Atomic inspectors in Vienna confirmed Monday that Iran has begun enriching uranium at a new plant carved out of a mountain, an act of defiance that comes amid rising tensions between Washington and Tehran over oil revenues and global sanctions.  In past days, Iranian officials have claimed they were about to begin operating the new plant — known as Fordo and located in a mountainous region near the holy city of Qum. It is Iran’s second major enrichment site, and it is buried deep underground. That makes it not only less vulnerable to attack but also potentially far more opaque. It remained an Iranian secret until its existence was unveiled more than two years ago.

A spokeswoman for the International Atomic Energy Agency, Gill Tudor, said Monday that the agency could confirm that Iran has begun enriching uranium at the Fordo plant.

“All nuclear material in the facility remains under the agency’s containment and surveillance,” she added in a statement. The agency’s inspectors have routinely monitored the plant’s construction since its unveiling.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/10/world/middleeast/iranian-plant-is-enriching-uranium-inspectors-confirm.html

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Who will bomb Iran First?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 10:44:07 pm »
YAY FOR PEOPLE BEING STUPID IN THE MIDDLE EAST!

Why is it people are just.....GOD!

Ironbite-brains must be baked in the dessert.

Offline Servo

• Bishop
  • Wait... what?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 11:02:19 pm »
"Everything's plastic, we're all gonna die."-Elizabeth Wurtzel

I like that quote.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 11:03:52 pm »
"Everything's plastic, we're all gonna die."-Elizabeth Wurtzel

I like that quote.

I thought this one was good to given the current state of US affairs: "It's like Samson and Delilah: watch your back, because trouble could be the person you're sleeping with."-Elizabeth Wurtzel

Offline Oriet

• Homo sapiens scientia
  • Bishop
  • Disabled Vet MtF Polyamorous Atheist Auspie
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 11:59:23 pm »
I chose "Israel (with US specialty hardware)", as isn't a lot of Israel's higher end military hardware from the US?
The Rules, get to know them.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 02:06:17 am »
I chose "Israel (with US specialty hardware)", as isn't a lot of Israel's higher end military hardware from the US?
Isn't all Israel's military hardware from the US?

I don't know about Israel attacking though, despite being a tyrannical militaristic violent nation, wouldn't attacking Iran leave them vulnerable to the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip which recently started causing trouble in that area.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 02:14:50 am »
Oh what the hell, the US might as well, after all, we pulled our troops out, so we need some fightin' to do again, right....right?

I think it'll be the UN that steps in and starts issuing sanctions or oks a bombing run by whatever nation is set up to do it. I just hope for once it won't be the US leading the chant and going ape over it till we do something stupid like carpet bomb the palace or something
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 02:29:16 am »

A lot is, but Israel also has a thriving native defense industry. They make their own guns (like the new Tavor assault rifle) and tanks (the Merkava series) and of course nuclear bombs. But their warplanes are US-made.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 07:56:16 am »

A lot is, but Israel also has a thriving native defense industry. They make their own guns (like the new Tavor assault rifle) and tanks (the Merkava series) and of course nuclear bombs. But their warplanes are US-made.
Also, Obama hates Bibi and (also because) Bibi's a fucking idiot with daddy issues. Remember back when Israel managed to invade Lebanon for a few weeks? They're perfectly capable of launching their own attack, even without Bush's utter allergy of upsetting Israel.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 08:29:18 am »
Just let them all bomb each other.  They're all #%@%^&^ idiots, Israel included. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 08:34:03 am »

I don't know about Israel attacking though, despite being a tyrannical militaristic violent nation, wouldn't attacking Iran leave them vulnerable to the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip which recently started causing trouble in that area.

Certain technologies are kept from them just for reasons like this.  During W's last year they asked for equipment to bomb Iran, and he said no.     

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 11:04:08 am »

Certain technologies are kept from them just for reasons like this.  During W's last year they asked for equipment to bomb Iran, and he said no.     

Well of course he did. He wanted to do it first.
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 11:32:10 am »

Well of course he did. He wanted to do it first.

Sadly for him, he's still not found Iran on the map.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!