Author Topic: House Reps wasting tax payers money - again  (Read 1441 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
House Reps wasting tax payers money - again
« on: July 09, 2012, 09:22:58 am »
The House Rules Committee takes up a bill Monday called the "Repeal of Obamacare Act." And just like it says, the bill would wipe away the president's Affordable Care Act. A vote of the full House is planned for Wednesday.

Over the past 18 months, the House has taken 30 floor votes to try to repeal, defund or dismantle the health care law. The first attempt came on Jan. 19, 2011 just two weeks after the GOP took control of the House.
(emphasis mine)

http://www.npr.org/2012/07/09/156474493/gop-to-make-31st-attempt-to-repeal-obamacare-act

They just don't give up do they? Over 30 damn times now.  What a waste of money.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
Re: House Reps wasting tax payers money - again
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 06:49:10 am »
Love the transparent use of a crappy nickname rather than the use of the actual name of the law they are trying to repeal.
-A Pen Name

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 07:25:15 am »
I try to keep an open mind about both sides.  However, this year I am not voting for any Republicans.  For 2 years they bitched about the Dems not doing anything while in office.  Then they get into office and spend the entire time and our tax $ on stupid bills like that or those slamming gays or abortion. 

I'm trying to find a list of exactly what bills they passed so I can post it on FB and say, "This is the job they did.  No politics, no B.S.  They wasted our time and $.  They're fired!"
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

QueenofHearts

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 07:37:43 am »
I try to keep an open mind about both sides.  However, this year I am not voting for any Republicans.  For 2 years they bitched about the Dems not doing anything while in office.  Then they get into office and spend the entire time and our tax $ on stupid bills like that or those slamming gays or abortion. 

I'm trying to find a list of exactly what bills they passed so I can post it on FB and say, "This is the job they did.  No politics, no B.S.  They wasted our time and $.  They're fired!"

Looks like they've passed 105 new bills since taking office in January 2011. These include all bills like "lets name X street after Martin Luther King," and "lets make this a coin," and the ever famous "lets renew/reauthorize this bad idea" (i.e. the bills nobody in Congress votes against). The list doesn't include bills that passed the house and not the senate (which I think you're looking for), and there are no mentions of President Obama using a veto on passed bills. Hope this helps. I also don't know the average number of bills passed by a Congress, so I can't speak on whether this is more or less than usually, and even if I did, it would still be difficult to evaluate as many of those bills would be bills that everybody would vote for.

EDIT: found how many bills are passed per Congress. Its generally between 450-500, and all of which are above 300 going back to the 70's. This congress has passed only 141 bills as per this site, which sets them on track for just under 200 bills if they maintain their current rate. Even the last Congress (111th, 2009-2011) passed far fewer bills than all but one Congress during the Bush years (107th, 2001-2003) and even thats 384 (107) to 385 (111). Just pointing out how adamant the GOP is in obstructing this Presidency and being a "do nothing Congress."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 09:19:34 am by QueenofHearts »

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 02:06:44 pm »
It's so nice to see the spirit of cooperation alive and well in a country that prides itself on being, shall we say, United. I'd hate to imagine what would happen if one side got hard over the thought of screwing its neighbors over for selfish gains. That might be unpleasant for those who lack the ability to stand up for themselves.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.