Author Topic: Disabilities are God’s punishment to women who previously had abortions  (Read 11229 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
“The number of children who are born subsequent to a first abortion with handicaps has increased dramatically. Why? Because when you abort the first born of any, nature takes its vengeance on the subsequent children,” said Marshall, a Republican.
“In the Old Testament, the first born of every being, animal and man, was dedicated to the Lord. There’s a special punishment Christians would suggest.”

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2010/02/22/83337/disabled-abortion/?mobile=nc

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
That's insulting to women who have had abortions, mothers of disabled children, and the disabled children themselves.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
My urge to give this guy a beatdown is rising.

Aside from my everlasting loathing of this douchebag, I did find this bit interesting.

Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin has been pushing back against high-profile figures and entities who have been attacking people with disabilities. Will she speak out against someone in her own party?

All I can say is that if she does, she'll actually gain a little bit of respect from me.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Even evil has standards... I hope

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
I know firsthand this to be utter bullshit.  Or at least in one case I'm familiar with personally, an abortion during a first pregnancy had no ill effects on later pregnancies. 

All this is is more scare tactics from the lunatic fundie fringe.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

shykid

What the fuck did the children do??

Shit like this is why even if these people's notion of God were real, he ought to be defied on principle.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
This sounds like a bad joke from South Park.

Surprised he didn't bring up these passages.

Exodus 12:29

1 Samuel 25:38?
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
My mom had two miscarriages before she had me, am I being punished because God decided to abort my mom's pregnancies?
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
If this claim were true, then we'd expect lower rates of deformity and disability among children in states where abortion was illegal, or at least very difficult to get access to.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
Break his legs.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Congratulation, you make your god look like an ass. I'll ignore the part where there is no scientific findings that correlates disability with abortion. 
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
Why would god punish the children?  I can sort of understand punishing the parents, but not the kid.

And as a disabled person I'd like to add fuck you to the idiot who said this shit.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
How dare you punish your unborn baby by having an abortion for something that wasn't its fault or because of a mistake you made!  Now God will have justice by punishing your unborn baby for something that wasn't its fault or because of a mistake you made!

. . . Wait.

deadpandoubter

Didn't Yahweh kill King David's son because the kid's mom was married to another man when David forced her into bed?

God's a dick; this is old news.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
Sounds like the typical biblical justice. Beat the victim, punish those that had nothing to do with an event, damn everything to eternal torment for things beyond their control....
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball