Author Topic: SodaHead: A treaure chest of stupidity  (Read 2125 times)

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
SodaHead: A treaure chest of stupidity
« on: May 09, 2013, 04:42:55 pm »
The idea of an internet forum where people of different and diverse opinions can express their views sounds like a good idea in theory. But in execution, what happens when said people have no idea what they're talking about, are incapable of arguing beyond straw man fallacies, staggering stupidity, astounding levels of psychological projection, a complete lack of tact or civility, and a level of immaturity that would embarrass twelve-year olds? You get SodaHead, which is one of the many things on the internet that is making me lose my faith in humanity.

Seriously, the people on that website are so goddamn stupid, it's unbelievable.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: SodaHead: A treaure chest of stupidity
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 05:17:50 pm »
After a quick look through the site... yeah, I have to agree. The occasional voices of reason are drowned out by the bullshit, and a fair number of them apparently can't figure out what question they are answering. Seriously, read through this and count how many people are saying "yes" while giving arguments for "no" and vice-versa.

It actually brings to mind a less-useful version of Yahoo! Answers, and I never thought I'd type that sentence.
Σא

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 02:47:27 pm »
But in execution, what happens when said people have no idea what they're talking about, are incapable of arguing beyond straw man fallacies, staggering stupidity, astounding levels of psychological projection, a complete lack of tact or civility, and a level of immaturity that would embarrass twelve-year olds?

Believe it or not, that's how a lot of conversations are in real life, too. Most people aren't logicians, and any crowd is guaranteed to have a few immature threads of conversation.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 09:07:10 am »
Went through the SodaHead archives today, and saw some discussions on Obama.

Holy shit. you'd think you were reading Moonbattery.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 10:15:58 am »
Saw a poll on Nine Inch Nails' new album. The comments left me boiling mad, especially the one that called Trent Reznor a Satanist, and the one that said the band should go suck a dick. These morons wouldn't know skill, talent or good music if I beat them to death. Wait, that phrase makes no sense. Screw it, can we just form a mob and hunt them down?
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.